“Don't let the trailer park scare you.”

Hogfish Bar & Grill
Ranked #37 of 451 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I love this place! The location is great (you have to drive thru a trailer park to get there). The food has always been fresh. The Hogfish fish fingers and the lobster bites are great. I have had several items here all being good. There isn't a second thing I wouldn't order. The prices are great. It is pretty much outside and they usually always have a band. Lots of locals and the hotels usually won't tell you about it.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,329)

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This restaurant is way over-hyped. Hidden away on Stock Island? (3 turns off the highway and reachable by city bus), open-air dining on a harbor?(just like half a dozen more conveniently located places at the Key West Historic Seaport), home of the $16 "world famous killer hogfish sandwich"?(a fish by any other name.....grouper, snapper, etc.). A happy hour that offers only $1 off drinks and mediocre food adds insult to injury. Stick with the Commodore's Boathouse, Conch Republic, Turtle Kraals, Schooner Wharf and our favorite the Half Shell Raw Bar. Ignore the bait and don't even give Hogfish a nibble.

2  Thank lindbloom
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at the Oceanside Marina and loved it. Turns out we were so close to the HogFish Bar & Grill. This is an awesome thatched roof fun restaurant and bar in a marina. I could have went here every night the food is delicious. The hogfish tacos are the best fish tacos I have had. My husband and I ordered them twice. My Dad ordered the Hogfish sandwich. Mom ordered the Turkey dinner on Thanksgiving. Yes we even went there for Thanksgiving dinner. The lobster dip is soooo good. Conch fritters everyone liked too. Oh and the coconut shrimp. I think you can order anything off this menu and it's going to be yummy. I love the laid back atmosphere and the staff is friendly with awesome service.
If I lived here I would be a regular. Too bad my vacation wasn't longer.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Read so much about the huge and delicious Hogfish sandwich that we just had to try it. If you go just know that for $15.95 your sandwich will have very small portion of fish. It is mostly a very generic tasting big portion of bread...there may be something else here worth ordering but we all had the Hogfish sandwich and I can't recommend it, not worth the trip. To many other choices in the area.

2  Thank Jm2323
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I've been to some pretty cool places and this one is in the top five. It's a good mix of locals and tourists. It started out as a watering hole for the commercial fishing fleet and over the years had to expand. It's hard to find at first but oh so worth the trip. Not very far from KW airport. There are a couple of iconic places this is one of them.