“Excellent dive center!”

Captain's Corner Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving for the beginners and advanced alike, featuring dives to coral reefs and WWII wrecks.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I dove with Captain's Corner on July 12th 2013 and was very impressed. The staff was both friendly and professional. The dive boat was set up extremely well and the dives were amazing! If you visit Key West, I highly recommend diving with Captain's Corner.

All reviews
"great boat"
in 11 reviews
"captain chris"

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I dove with Captain's Corner for a week. The two reef trips I did with them weren't so great. The coral was nothing special and the fish were only average. The real reason to dive in Key West is to visit the awesome Vandenberg wreck. I did three trips / six dives on it and earned my wreck speciality in the process. My instructor Billy was outstanding and I have nothing but good things to say about the other DMs.

I really appreciated their treating divers like adults, even when poor communication with an insta-buddy caused a minor incident. They let you dive your own profile and you just need to come back on time. On one of my dives I did a slightly deeper profile at the start than my buddy and then stayed too close to her own deep exploration at the end of the dive, causing me to go into deco. Even though he didn't need to, one of their DMs hung out with me on the hang tank while I finished out my time commitment. I'd much rather dive with a shop that tolerates the rare bad decision than one that never lets you push yourself.

Captain's Corner was also very flexible and rewards return customers. Because I had taken a class with them I got a discount on all my following dives. They provided me a way to keep my dive gear nearby instead of having to lug it from the motel each day. They were also very willing to work with my father who had had problems on a previous OW checkout session and then fully refunded his fee when he got sea sick and couldn't dive.

I don't like handing out 5-star reviews but I don't see what else they could have done better.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The boat was really crowded with 24 divers (most in training), two snorkelers, and the seas were so rough at least half of the passengers jammed into the cabin for the trip (45 minutes) out to the reef. Visibility was not great but I was impressed with the helpfulness of the crew. Unfortunately that didn't make up for the lack of fish and coral on the mostly dead reefs which used to be so beautiful.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I went diving with Captain's corner for a half day for two reef dives. Their prices are very reasonable, the staff are very professional, friendly, and helpful and my dive experience was incredible! These folks are 5 star PADI certified and operate from a USCG certified and inspected dive vessel. I felt very safe all the time! On the dive I saw all sorts of incredible marine life on incredibly beautiful reefs.

Diving with Captian's Corner was so great I decided to dive with them again the following day on the Vandenberg artificial shipwreck. If you are planning on going to Key West and want to dive, dive the Vandenberg with Captain's Corner! It was incredible!! I have nothing but good things to say about the staff, Henry, Warren, and many others! Thanks for a great diving experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Though the dive experience differed between each of my family members. The Captain's Corner Dive Center was absolutely wonderful teachers. There were three of us, my husband, son and myself. We all made it through the pool lesson ok with LOTS of patience from Tony and Billy (those two are absolutely the BEST around). However, once we went in the water at the first dive site, my husband never could get his ears to pop. This became a huge discomfort and he went back to the boat. I panicked quite a bit, had lots of ear issues and was a REAL problem student (LOL) but they were so patient with me and kept isisting i keep trying, after finaling calming and relaxing i was able to breathe correctly and make my ears pop and decend with the remaining group and continue the dive. Though this was a real challenge i really enjoyed the diving and i am so glad i had this