2,250 results
All reviews great location serenity pool cero bodega adult pool poolside restaurant resort fee duval street beautiful hotel valet parking front desk staff pool area rooms are large few blocks trip to key west per day happy hour suzy
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Marker was awesome. From check in to checkout. All star service all around. Bed comfy, food above par but one person in particular stood out. The bartender, Jason McClung was informative and delightful. He was a huge help to me with navigating the ins and outs of Key West.
If you’d enjoy an awesome Bloody Mary or great conversation look him up 5 stars to an awesome guy!!!!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank W5161DNjimf
SVDBroeck, General Manager at The Marker Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear W5161DNjimf,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for such a lovely review! I am glad to hear that you had a lovely time! Our beautiful property with its 3 pools, fitness center and varied amenities and activities, is located on the stunning Schooner Wharf and a few mere steps to the famous Duval Street, we really do have a special place on this Island. Jason is certainly one of the best bartenders on the island and thanks you for his personal mention, it means so much. He does make an exceptional Bloody Mary I agree! In this industry we know how important word of mouth can be, so we thank you for recommending our resort. We look forward to showing your friends and family the same 5 star service! Make sure to join them for a return trip, it is never too soon to start relaxing again, and Jason is always ready for more great conversations!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is beautiful and posh and you pay for it! The staff is fantastic and Peter helped us with our bags more than once and was so gracious. The problem I have is the surrounding area has music blaring until midnight (we are in Key West) and they up-charge for everything. They room is already very expensive and to nickel and dime you for everything is just to much. The location is great but for this price I would go to the little island across the way.

1  Thank Lisa T

Dear Lisa T,

Thank you for your review and for choosing The Marker Resort for your recent vacation! We do pride ourselves on our lovely clean rooms and friendly customer service, not to mention the amenities we offer around the resort in this amazing location! Our Resort is competitive with other great resorts in the area whilst offering many things that other resorts do not. In addition to our pools and room amenities one would expect, we also offer daily scuba dive lessons, a nightly complimentary specialty drinks hour, and evening turn down service, aqua yoga and much more! We have classic rooms, pool and garden view, partial harbor view and full harbor view rooms to choose from and also some new suites near our Serenity pool area so that we have a rooms that suit differing budgets, wants, wishes and desires! Parking is Key West is expensive and there is not a lot available especially in the coveted downtown area, so we offer a Valet service as an alternative to paid city parking. I do hope you choose to return to The Marker, we would love the opportunity to show you the true value in a Marker 5* stay!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked the next to most expensive room with full harbor view. Arrived after a long drive from St. Pete's Beach. We were not made to feel very welcome by the reception staff. Don't know if his mouth mask served to keep our germs from reaching him or vice versa, but it felt not very welcoming to me. Also, we had to sign that if we wanted to leave earlier (we had booked 4 nights), one night would still be charged. I am from Europe and travelled to the US and other places a lot, but this was a first. This should have been a warning sign. When we walked into the room, via de pool area, we were shocked. There is a bar about 50 feet from the balcony of the room where a band was playing live music. And it was the loudest I had ever heard. If my husband and I were on opposites side of the room, we could not even hear each other - we had to shout to be heard. We could feel the floor boards under the carpet move with the bass of the music. We went back to the front desk immediately and asked if we could change rooms. The same employee looked at us as if we were a great nuisance and said they were fully booked, but that he would inform his manager. Since we didn't want to take a chance of them being fully booked and we did not want to stay there anymore, we booked another hotel - highly recommend the Parrot Key. The next morning, we went to the reception desk to check out and they told us they did their utmost and would put us into another room (a cheaper one) without a refund. We told them we had booked another hotel and checked out. We walked out for some lunch and when we returned to get the car (valet parking only - $ 35 per night, on top of the rediculously high resort fee) sure enough, another band was blaring across the street. They market a private balcony, but it is on one of the busiest streets of the harbor; it is about as private as Kim Kardashians love life. If you are a party animal and don't go to sleep before midnight and get up early (you will be awoken early by the passers-by) this is a good place for you. Looking for more quiet and nice service & employees? Skip this place.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank robmir2016
SVDBroeck, General Manager at The Marker Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear robmir2016,

Here at The Marker we are so lucky to be able to say that we boast a great location, amazing and varied amenities and facilities and a beautiful selection of rooms to suit a plethora of budgets, wishes and desires. I am disappointed to see your rating, it seems that perhaps we were not the right hotel for you and that the uptown hotel you went on to choose better suited the vacation experience you wish to have. Many people choose The Marker due to its location in the hub of Downtown Key West, close but tucked away from the real hustle and bustle of Duval Street. The live music and preforming arts in Key West are all part of its history and charm and it would be rare to find downtown bars/restaurants that do not showcase all the talent that lives here or tours this popular destination. I am sorry if the added celebrations and events of Martin Luther King holiday weekend seemed excessive. Although there may have been more events and for a longer period, the same guidelines and regulations regarding acceptable decibels, noise levels, scheduled times are adhered to. Indeed, as it was the holiday weekend, we were sold out for the entire weekend. Our agents were really not trying to be difficult or unhelpful, we simply could not remove other guests from their booked room types to accommodate a different room choice from the one you booked. You did book a Full Harbor View, not our most expensive room type but one that offers a fantastic view; that of the harbor, which is a working harbor! Again, as many excursions, sunset cruises, sails, fishing charters, dolphin watching, snorkeling and diving trips etc operate out of this harbor as well as the people who actually dock their boats there year round as their permanent residence, there will be some outside noise from this area especially at daytime peak hours. Not to mention, there are amazing restaurants surrounding us and so many people will be walking around, enjoying a breakfast on the waterfront watching the ships go in and out! It is certainly one of my favorite things to do in Key West!
I am surprised that you have not encountered penalties when making last minute alterations or changes to prepaid reservations before. Third parties reservations for many top resorts and hotels are usually non refundable, especially over holiday weekends. Key West has an unofficial tag line of "One Human Family' and many of our Marker Family are from all over the world, with experience travelling and working in many hotels and this penalty policy, I have to say, is not unusual practice. Things do come up that would mean that we would be waiving a penalty, such as local/statewide weather issues, illness or injury and so on, but we held your booking as per contract. We did release you without the full penalty as a gesture of goodwill because as experienced hoteliers, we understood that we were not the right hotel for you and therefore only charged you the one night penalty. We simply could not waive this fee as we had turned away many reservations over the busy holiday weekend due to being fully booked.
Most if not all great resorts and hotels in Key West charge a Resort Amenities Fee and pricing and explanation of this would have been in your reservation confirmation. Parking in Key West is expensive and there is not a lot of it, especially Downtown. We offer a secure, covered 24hr Valet parking service as an option, guests are very welcome to use the self park city parking priced at $32 per day as do many of the locals (parking is not free for anyone!). Our Resort is very competitively priced with other resorts in the area, but I do understand that uptown resorts may have lower amenities and valet fees yet this is due to the resorts not really being comparable within the same parameters. I really am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at The Marker and we hope that you found the Key West experience you desired even though sadly it was not with us! We love all the visitors that come to Key West and really love it when people enjoy our sunny quirky island as much as we do!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The 1st room we stayed in all we heard was construction noise.We moved to another room,That room had holes in the wall and a few of the bathroom tiles were cracked and loose.Room service left our door open after cleaning everytime,even after letting them know that they are leaving it open Upon checkin we were told resort fees of 50 dollars a day was already included in our room rate.When we got home they charged us resort fees. We visited The Marker in May 2019 and it was great. Very disappointing this time around. We will find another place to stay our next trip

1  Thank JimEA213

Dear JimEA213,

Thank you for choosing The Marker Resort for your Key West vacation yet again although I am disappointed to see your rating! I think there has been some miscommunication here as being a repeat guest we have always charged an additional Resort Fee that is payable at the hotel although quoted in Expedia rates, it is never in the prepay as we simply do not have that arrangement with Expedia or any of its umbrella associates/companies. Your previous reservation was booked through us as a gift certificate and I see that you were aware of the Resort Fee in that reservation, we believe in this full transparency of fees as we would never want anyone to have a unwelcome surprise of extra fees. Expedia is under the same obligation and confirmation of Resort Fee payable at the hotel can be found in your confirmation emails from Expedia. I do apologize for any miscommunication but I do know that once we realized there had been a misunderstanding we did relay to you directly the nature of your booking through several conversations.
I believe the noise you are referring was not construction, it was the noise of the harbor as this time around you chose a Partial Harbor View rather than a Pool and Garden View. We do have an amazing location here at The Marker, in the middle of the action yet still tucked away from the main hustle and bustle. Having said that, we are still located in the heart of Downtown and by a working active harbor and so although one of the quietest and more secluded resorts downtown there will be some outside noise from this area especially at daytime peak hours. I am glad we could accommodate a room move to your preferred location nearer the Serenity Pool on the other side of the property.
I do apologize regarding your issues in the room, we do regular maintenance on our rooms and it seems we needed to expedite the schedule in this room. Thank you for your feedback, we would not be good at what we do unless we listened, acted and continued to hone our operation. I do hope you chose to come back to The Marker, we really do have a special property on this island and we would relish the opportunity to show you the true value in a 5* Marker stay!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived Thursday, December 26, 2019 with family. We're same 7 Dwarfs character - Grumpy. Check-in (Shara & Janine) went smoothly. Went to the room, which overlooked palm trees and then another building. The room didn't look like it would fit us and belongings. Schlep to the front desk. "I made my reservation in May. This is all I get?" Shara & Janine explained my booking-promised to keep a look out for a room upgrade.

Took showers, went to dinner. We found the Serenity Pool - the adult pool. Beautiful.

Grumpy was gone. The room 2nd floor) was perfect. Better than a room with pool view.

Luna the bartender gave a local history lesson and places to eat. He also made the necessary beverages to sustain us while at the pool. Carolina was efficient and friendly.

Scuba lessons were offered on property. One daughter and I signed up. She opted out of the ocean dives. Still, the instructors, John & Scooter, were kind, helpful and encouraging. Scooter saw her the next day and gave her some techniques to help the next time.

My only complaint, and it's made for those who need extra room attention, is that the room was not always attended to. That didn't bother me because of ecology considerations. But(t), toilet paper was a hard-to-come-by commodity.

The hotel is conveniently located. The support staff, bellboys, doormen, chambermaids, etc. were pleasant, helpful and responsive.

To paraphrase Douglas MacArthur, "I shall return."

All in all, the rating for me 8-day stay is 9.75.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Benwa52

Dear Benwa52,

Thank you for your 5* review and for choosing The Marker Resort for your Key West vacation! We are so pleased to see that you had "An absolutely enjoyable stay". What a wonderful description, a great detailed review but(t) the thing I like most is your humor! We do pride ourselves on our lovely clean rooms and friendly customer service, not to mention the amenities we offer around the resort in this amazing location! Shara, Janine, Karolina, Luna and the Southernmost Divers thank you for their personal mentions, it means so much to them! We thank you for your recommendation and hope to see your friends and family so that we provide them with the same 5* experience. Be sure to join them, we would love to see you again!

Sean van Den Broeck