Silver Palms Inn(Key West)(Great Value!)
$169
$379
$305
  • Restaurant
$336
$269
  • Beachfront
Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha(Key West)(Great Value!)
$236
$224
$164
$153
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$323
$137
$220
$207
Official Site
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $246/night.

$297
$269
Cancelon
$409
$379
Cancelon
1,734 results
All reviewsadult poolgreat locationserenity poolcero bodegapoolside restaurantresort feeduval streetbeautiful hotelfront desk staffnice balconywithin walking distancepool arearooms are largefew blockstrip to key westper dayold town
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful hotel with an excellent staff. The location is perfect to keep things within walking distance. They offer any activity you might want to do. The entire hotel was very clean from the lobby, hallways to our room.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen D
Sarka T, General Manager at The Marker Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Karen D,
Our team is so happy that you enjoyed your weekend getaway at The Marker! It is very rewarding for us to read you found our hotel "beautiful" and staff "excellent". Please allow us to welcome you back anytime you are traveling to Key West.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful looking hotel but the Worst staff. Specially on Ck in and Ck out (front desk). They doing you a favor by checking you in or out. Please please please DON'T EVEN ASK THEM FOR HALF HOUR EXTENSION ON CHECK OUT. 11am means 11am or they will rip you with rude answer / reply.
False advertising: No Beach in sight for miles only Marina.
Room and Bathroom Cleanliness the Worst. Besides making beds nothing else was cleaned or picked from floors.
Pool area nice but they allow outside people to enjoy the pool area with the guest without any security. If you don't manage to get a pool side space before 1, Forget it.... outside non guest will occupy all pool side beds and guests cannot do anything.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
6  Thank Kidhajee

Dear Kidhajee,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry for the service issues you experienced during your stay. As you can see from other reviews, it was far from the friendly and efficient service we are known to provide. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and we will use them to insure that future service is up to our high standards. We regret that we did not live up to your expectations, but we thank you for choosing us for your stay in Key West.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Tim at check-in needs more training. He was overwhelmed with the questions we had and not once did he crack a smile. We had a major issue with our air conditioning unit and dealt with team members the entire first day trying to figure it out. FORTUNATELY, you guys have Prudence! Oh my goodness she’s amazing! She did everything she could to remedy the situation including pulling fans from offices to help us have a good night sleep! The next day she found a way to move us while we were away and made us feel like vip’s by setting up the room for us and leaving a note welcoming us to our new guest room! She’s a shining star for sure! Michael at the bar was also really great! Overall, the bathrooms at the Pool need air conditioning as they’re a sana when you walk in and the front desk needs to be MUCH friendlier. They’re your first impression so if they don’t make you feel welcome, it really sets the tone of what to expect during your stay.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer S

Dear Jennifer S,
Thank you so much for choosing The Marker Resort for your visit to Key West. I would like to apologize for the air condition issues you experienced, and I am happy that Prudence was at your service so you could have a well deserved good night sleep. We strive to provide friendly and professional service to all our guests, and we regret we didn't live up to your expectations from start to finish. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and we will use them to insure that future service is up to our high standards. All of us hope we can have the opportunity to impress you on your next stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were so excited to stay at this beautiful resort since it was one of the few with a bathtub. We booked our room through Expedia since we had reward points, which was our first mistake.

We booked June 3rd through the 7th. We decided on the 2nd that we would like to arrive a day early. It was too late to edit our reservation, so I tried to book the night of the 2nd separately, but there was no availability through Expedia or the hotel website. On a fluke, I tried to book June 2nd through the 7th on the hotel website and there was availability. I concluded that there was room availability, but there must have been a block for a minimum stay, so I tried calling the hotel directly. They essentially told me there was no availability and they couldn't do anything since I booked through Expedia. Well, there technically was availability, but you apparently don't want my money.

We arrived early and our room wasn't ready, but that was fair. We left our cell phone number so that they could call us when it was available. We had barely driven a block away when we received a call. How fortunate!

Our room was 242. This room technically has no view, but you do get a partial harbor view. This was an excellent surprise since we essentially saved $100 a night! I agree with other posts that I wouldn't book rooms 142 to 145 since those will look at the back of a restaurant. The room was beautiful and exactly like the pictures. I loved the extra touch of books by Florida authors. We also loved the proximity to Mallory Square. Don't miss the gate that makes it easy to leave the property and walk to Kermit's Key Lime Store! I also LOVED the door hang tag where you could request the time when you would like housekeeping to visit. Every hotel should have this!! I do suggest that the resort do something to make sure the patio doors lock (or maybe ours was broken?), because it would be easy for a visitor from a neighboring room to climb over the little divider between and to slip into your room. My second suggestion is that they find a way to make the restaurant accessible during rain without getting wet. Rain is common in Florida! (P.S.- They do allow locals to use the pool during slow season. I don't know if this would make a difference for you in terms of protecting your stuff by the pool.)

Here are the negatives, which ultimately made all the difference. First, the resort fee is high at $40 a night. Some of the things they list under the resort fee are ridiculous, such as the in-room safe. Fine, I knew that when I booked.

If you are driving or renting a car, you have two options for parking. The first is the public parking lot across the street. The hotel may tell you that they think it is $25 a day, but it's really $18 (if you can find a spot). The other option is valet parking at an outrageous $35 a night. If you do decide to use valet since it is a nice covered garage, you'll be lucky if you can find the valet. We would usually have to wait over 5 minutes for the valet to appear and he wasn't in the garage. We had a couple of times where we had to go up to the front desk and ask if the valet was even on duty (at 7 am and 3 pm). At the 7 am time, I watched the valet arrive late (after 7 am), put on his headset, exit the valet office, reenter the valet office, and never once acknowledge me until I went over to ask for help. I guess standing directly in front of the valet loop with suitcases wasn't obvious enough.

We already had concerns about the a/c in our room. 67* seemed warmer there than at our home. It got to the point where we would keep the curtains closed so that the room wouldn't heat up. There was a strong thunderstorm on our last night and our a/c was impacted. There was a flashing code on the thermostat, which we Googled. Our search made it seem like there was something wrong with the unit and not the thermostat. We called the front desk. They tried switching us to another room, but it had the same issue. They tried switching us to yet another room, but it also had the same issue about 10 minutes after we laid down. At this point, it was after 11 pm and we had to leave the hotel at 7 am, so we decided to just deal with it since it was our last night. The following morning, we went down to the front desk to explain what happened in the last room. The offered to comp us one night, which we felt was totally reasonable (have you been in humid Florida in 90* heat?). When I didn't see a credit on my card a week later, I called the hotel. They explained that they comped the resort fee for one night. I tried to explain that we were told a night would be comped and not just a resort fee, they said that they couldn't do that since we booked with Expedia. After arguing with the them that a $40 credit wasn't sufficient for a night of miserable sleep (and isn't sleep the main reason you stay in a hotel?), they finally agreed to credit a second resort fee. I tried to argue more when I paid $239 a night plus resort fee plus parking, but that's all they would do. Frankly, I didn't feel they were very sympathetic. Had they done as they said, I would be praising them right now. Unfortunately, I feel like everything listed above (unable to extend our stay arbitrarily, the valet issue when you pay $35/night, and this a/c issue) shows a lack of commitment to customer service. We typically visit Key West once a year and I won't return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 242 to a partial harbor view without the price!
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Crissy S

Dear Crissy S,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. We strive to provide a great stay to all of our guests and your comments are very important to us. I would like to apologize for any feelings of disappointment you felt regarding your stay, and thank you for noting areas that needs improvement. I would like to make it up to you and welcome you back for a true Marker experience. If you are willing, please contact me directly at stakovich@markerkeywest.com so that I may arrange your next visit personally. I will be absolutely certain it is fantastic from start to finish!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While in Key West for a couple of days, primarily to take the Yankee Freedom Boat out to the Dry Tortugas, we were looking for a hotel as near to the harbor as possible. This met our needs as it was about a two block walk to the pier. If you have never been to Key West please note that parking is a bit difficult. There aren't multi level garages and street parking is pretty packed. Parking at a hotel usually comes along with a fee per day as was the case here. As long as you have to pay for parking at the hotel, why not try to be within walking distance of some of the attractions you will visit. Anyway, this place is quaint and very beachy with ocean blue and white decor. The room is really very lovely and we had a room overlooking the pool area. You have a nice balcony off your room which is a great place to chill. The front desk staff was friendly as was the doorman. Actually, on a particularly rainy day the doorman gave us an umbrella to use as we ventured out for dinner. That was pretty nice and very helpful. We spent a short time at the pool and enjoyed a couple of drinks and a margherita pizza. It was one of the best pizzas I ever had! I would like to make a point though about starting a tab here. When we started our bar tab, the bartender asked for our room number. While many people were seated at the bar my husband spoke the room number. When we went to close out our tab, there were a couple of charges that were not ours. Clearly someone ordered drinks and used our room number. So, this is for the hotel staff, ASK TO SEE THE GUESTS ROOM KEY AND LET THEM WRITE THE ROOM NUMBER DOWN. We were not obligated to pay for those additional drinks but I can imagine that the hotel might get stiffed if this practice is common. This is a little thing but it's about making your service better. And service in so many places is dying! This hotel is pricey. Our two night stay was just about $700. That's way above our budget but we needed the location and we all know, location is costly.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Fjorz,
We have to agree, our ideal location right on the harbor and within walking distance to the attractions our little town has to offer, makes The Marker Resort perfect place to stay while visiting Key West. Our team is thrilled you appreciated nice and modern design of our "lovely" rooms, and especially the friendly service from our team. I would like to apologize for the mischarges on your restaurant bill and thank you for bringing that to our attention, as we always want to provide the best for our guests. It would be our great pleasure to welcome you again anytime you are traveling to Key West.