“Nice relaxing sunset cruise”

Schooner Jolly II Rover
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We just returned from a wonderful week in Key West. My husband and I took a sunset cruise on the Jolly Rover the second night there. The weather was beautiful and the boat is too. It was very relaxing. If you want excitement though, this isn't it. This is for people who just want to chill. They don't serve any drinks or food but you can bring your own which several people did. Be sure to bring a jacket as it can get chilly. I probably wouldn't go on this again because it was a little too relaxing for me. Two hours was kind of long but I am giving it a 5 star because the captain and crew were wonderful and the boat is beautiful. It was full but not over crowded. So if you want a nice relaxing ride on the water, this one is for you!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had a very windy afternoon and many events were canceled due to rough seas. We took the opportunity to sail on an 81 foot schooner, Jolly II rover. This is a replica of a historic sailing ship. It has two large masts and multiple sails. My daugher and her friends had fun raising the sails and steering the boat. The captain was very friendly. We had a good laugh at firing the "cannon" at another tourist boat.

We chose this boat as my children get sea sick easily. This is a very large sail boat and does not easily rock or get rough in heavy seas. The wind, about 20 knots, was perfect for a large ship like this. I think you would enjoy it too.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is a lovely schooner with a delightful, experienced, friendly crew. My husband, teenage son and I took a sunset sail on the Jolly Rover this week. The crew let my son take the helm, lending him the pirate hat. They handed out blankets to the chilly and bottle water to all.
This is a very pleasant sail, not a booze cruise, which is just what we were looking for!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Love this boat and her crew. A highlight of our Key West visit. We took the day sail last year and enjoyed it so much that we came back for another trip this year. Wonderful combination of wind, water, salt, sails, sun, and cannons!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Beautiful, peaceful sailing on this awesome ship. Then the captain did an about turn so we could catch a "bonus" sunset when the sun dropped out of the clouds close to the horizon. Thre crew brings blankets, water, and is very friendly. Awesome sunset experience and nice, small group. We will be back!