“Convenient but not very nice”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Higgs Beach Dog Park
Ranked #111 of 187 things to do in Key West
Reviewed August 21, 2014

beach is located very conveniently in Key West with parking available. However, water and beach itself is not very nice. There is a lot of seaweed that produce pretty bad smell. There are other places with much nicer water.

1  Thank janploszaj

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I bring my dog here to play with his friends and he gets to run and run. I have met some very nice humans here and as a new resident it was a place where I met two of my new best friends. All the people are nice and pick up after their dogs. The dogs enjoy the fresh water. The large dog section is very large and has trees. My dog gives it 5 PAWS up.

3  Thank Susan B
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We are visitors to KW and have had some unpleasant experiences with Dog Parks in other parts of the country. We were very cautious as we approached, checking out the dogs there that day. We were prepared to leave at the first sign of aggression. Fortunately we did not see any aggressive dogs, so we let ours in. Took him there several times during our month stay and each visit was good for him. It is large and fairly well kept, a credit to other owners. Everyone cleaned up after their dog. No surprises! The watering dishes are big and fresh water is readily available. So, by all means, use the park but be vigilant.

2  Thank TtravelerJohn
Reviewed March 4, 2014

As a full time resident of key west, I bring my 20 pound dachshund to the dog park daily. He loves to play with the other dogs there and the owners are a very friendly bunch also. NEVER has my dog gotten fleas or ticks there and rarely is there ever a dog fight among the dogs there. A great place to bring your dog whether you're visiting or living in key west.

1  Thank peter g
See more reviews
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This park is used by too many aggressive big bully dogs and their ignorant owners. Check first to see who is there, cigar chomping pit bull owners, crazy lady with two huge Rotweillers, one of which lunged at my dog and took a chunk out of his side. After she told me not to worry, that it was only a little scratch, I fled to the vets, 5 staples to close, anti inflammatories and antibiotics and the need to dress his wound for weeks later.
It's just too rough a spot, the people at the vets told me they see dogs in there all the time from injuries suffered at the park.

3  Thank Nancy S