“Great boats, crew , and food and drinks”
Review of Sebago Key West

$63.00*
Key West Sunset Champagne and Appetizers Cruise
Ranked #3 of 288 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: For over 24 years we are Key West's premier boat tour and water sports operator. Our fleet of sailing catamarans, parasail vessels, and schooners offer a wide variety of tours and private excursions that are also an excellent value. We invented and perfected the tours that others seek to imitate. Get the best price for Key West's #1 tours when you book online.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
atlanta
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great boats, crew , and food and drinks”
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Loved our two trips with Sebago Watersports. The crew was very professional and the food was pretty good for a sailboat tour. My only complaint is that we were supposed to go to the living coral reef on the Island Ting, but went to a dead reef instead. Saw lots of pretty fish but it's not the same as the real thing. I do understand that they are trying to preserve what's left of the live reef, just don't advertise living reef if you aren't going to go there. I probably would have booked a different trip. But otherwise everything was great!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SSSSoooo worth the money!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2010

The captain and crew members of the boat were extremely knowledgeable. Any questions that we had were answered. We chose to go on the Sebago Island Ting trip and it was well worth the $85 a person. We went snorkeling at Rock Key where we saw tons of beautiful fish and different types of coral. We even saw a huge baby grouper!!!
After the snorkeling trip we went out to a mangrove island and did a kayaking tour around the island. Is was an absolutely gorgeous day on the water. The food served was great at lunch, there isn't a huge breakfast provided so if that's something you need you may want to eat ahead of time.
Overall on scale of 1-10 - we would give them a 10!! (that being the best)!

1 Thank amymr67
Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Snorkeling & Sun Set cruise”
Reviewed May 5, 2010

The staff was amazing, we had Hill and Tim on board. I can't remember our captains name, though he was excellent as well. My friend called him 'captain Ron' while I referred to him as Matthew Mcconaughey.

It was an hour out to the snorkel site, which was a wonderful reef. Though I got sea sick (being 7 months pregnant), the staff was more than accommodating and understanding. My girlfriend on the other hand was snorkeling for the first time and didnt feel that it was for her - and she said she wasnt pressured any more than that by the crew.

The ride back we were offered beverages a number of times by Hill and Tim, while watching the beautiful sunset. I would definitely suggest to others and book again with Sebago - as my friend says the same. I'm hoping to return to the keys with my husband to spend more time snorkeling next time!

Northwest Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sebago's Island Ting Makes for a Perfect Key West Day on the Water”
Reviewed April 27, 2010

My husband and I did this trip back in 2006 and wondered if would be just as great in April of 2010. No worries, mon, it was a wonderful day! The catamaran used for the Island Ting is docked in the Historic Seaport, but in front of the Dock Cafe of the Galleon Resort. This is a beautiful boat that is limited to 20 persons and we had 12 that day. You get a laid back day of snorkeling, kayaking, and hanging out with fellow passengers on the boat and swimming in the water. The food is delicious, beer and wine included. A small breakfast (with mini quiches!) on the way out and a fabulous lunch. Ours that day was fried chicken, Key West pinks, cheeses and deli-meats and more. The trip is well worth the price for the day. We even had the same wonderful crew person, Beth, from years before! What does that say about a company that still has the same person who obviously loves what she's doing working for them? No problem if this is your first time snorkeling or kayaking, the instruction is good and since the group size is limited, some personal attention can be given. Snorkeling was good that day and Beth showed us some beautiful and colorful living coral. I highly recommend the Sebago Island Ting - Its an all around great day on the water.

1 Thank suzeeka
Toronto
“Windy Wedding Day - different but that's what we were looking for”
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We booked Sebego Watersports for a morning snorkel cruise as a shore excursion during our very short day in Key West. After reviewing their sight in more detail, we decided to approach them about performing a wedding ceremony. We didn't have family and friends with us, we just wanted an informal ceremony performed while sailing. Thankfully they agreed and the day was fantastic.
The morning of the trip was very winding, the water extremely choppy and most (if not all) water sports were cancelled for the day. A storm front was moving in and expected by noon. Thankfully Captain Dave made the decision to set sail so we could get married but there would be no snorkeling. We were completely ok with the decision. The others on our snorkel cruise were rounded up as to have "guests" at our wedding. Thanks you Sebago for going that extra mile.
We sailed around a bit to find a less windy spot around the island that would allow us to get the ceremony in. It was short, sweet and did the job! We had the option to customize it but opted to use the default vows. Following the ceremony we spent time sailing around Tank Island & other areas until the incoming weather forced us back ashore. The Captain made the decision early enough to give us time to get out of the weather before the sky's opened.
Champaign, wine, beer, pop & OJ were flowing. We had ordered fruit tarts and key lime pie from Croissants d'France that were enjoyed by all. Courtney at Sebago hooked me up with Mary Veal of Mary Veal Photography which turned out to be an outstanding choice. Mary was so accommodating the entire day. She provided our transportation for the day and we ended up with over 600 pictures!
Overall I think Sebago Watersports (Captain and Staff) and Mary Veal were key in making our day the best it could be. The guests, Captain Dave, Hill & Robyn were so warm and welcoming they are all definitely part of our special wedding day memories.