“Peaceful, informative, fun - a trip worth taking!”
Review of Danger Charters

Half-Day Cruise with Kayaking and Snorkeling
Ranked #1 of 284 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: When you sail with Danger Charters, you sail to another world and time; to a place where the wildlife is still "wild" and your interaction with nature is intimate and authentic. You feel as if you've stepped back in time, back to the days when the Florida Keys backcountry was home to traditional, shallow-draft sailing craft, captained by local water men who had grown up sailing and navigating the notorious shallows and challenging narrow channels of the Florida Keys.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Peaceful, informative, fun - a trip worth taking!”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Our half-day aboard Danger Charters with Wade and Wendy was truly a memorable experience! The kayaking and snorkeling were great fun and both excellent ways to feel closer to the Key West eco-system. Wendy was a wonderful guide with the perfect blend of fun and intelligent education. My husband and I and our four young adult children with us (ages 18 to 22) truly loved the experience. The sailing was peaceful and the size of the tour just right - two other families besides ours so that we had a total of 12 passengers. The equipment was excellent and the food delicious! A great trip that we would recommend to everyone!

Lake Mary FL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“WOW The Best Sunset Cruise EVER!”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We had the opportunity to take Danger Charter’s Wind and Wine Cruise last Wednesday, and it by far exceeded our expectations. We have taken several of these type of cruises in Key West in the past but this one far surpassed them all. WHY you may ask...because 1. The ship is a delight to sail on and very comfortable. 2 It is always a smaller group we had 11 guests and 2 crew. 3, The crew....both Hague and Christy were awesome, Christy really knew her wines and was a delight with her presentations,. Hague kept us laughing and was always ready with a pithy comment, even if he can't blow a conch shell horn to save his life! 4. The wine and appetizers were GREAT! All in all a very relaxing and wonderful experience. We will be doing this on every trip!

St Peterburg, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great half day adventure on Danger Chater.”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My wife and I just returned from Key West where our half day trip on the Danger Charter was the highlight of our trip. We knew it was going to be a great time as soon as we saw the boat and met the Danger crew of Wendy, Chris and Captian Corey. The boat was perfect for the 12 guests and 3 crew members and we were so glad we were not going on one of the bigger boats packed with people. Reef snorkeling was great where we saw more marine life than any of the snorkeling trips we had taken throughout the Caribbean. There were tons of fish around the coral as well as a nosey 3 foot barracuda that kept hanging around. We came with-in a couple of feet of a 4 ft nurse shark, very cool . The kayaking portion of the day was interesting and informative as well with several types of marine birds and more nurse shark sightings. The snacks and drinks on board were wonderful after a couple hours of snorkeling and kayaking. While sailing back to Key West we enjoyed a family of dolphins following us. We highly recommend this charter and this crew if you are ever in Key West.

West Palm Beach, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Do not miss this experience!”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Thank you Tripadvisor members for leading us to Danger! What an absolutely beautiful day on the water. This is not the over-booked party boat scene with loud music, if that is what you are looking for. This is a very special, intimate setting on the water. We had approx. 12 guests on the boat which was perfect. We had just enough wind to sail out quite a bit, where we snorkeled (saw huge parrot fish, rays, eels, and sharks- yes sharks!)..many people went kayaking, but we stayed on the boat, relaxing, having a beer, and then swimming in the crystal blue water on the sand bar. Wow. Thanks you guys- go Sunshine!!

Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Everything we had read about . . . and then some”
Reviewed August 1, 2009

I was a little apprehensive about snorkeling for the first time during our vacation to Key West, but wanted to give it a chance. After researching most of the major tours, my boyfriend and I settled on Danger and were hopeful all the glowing reviews were accurate reflections of the tour. We ended up booking the full day snorkeling and kayaking trip. I am soooo glad we did because it was our favorite part of our week long vacation. There were only 10 of us on the boat (there were 3 no shows) plus the two crew members, so it was a nice and small group. After sailing out for a bit and learning interesting tidbits about the Keys, we stopped at our snorkel spot. I was one of the last folks in the water and Wade was beyond-helpful with his instructions on what to do. After a bit, I ended up having trouble with my tube and after awhile he switched it out and the new one immediately worked fine. I cannot thank him enough for his help - he was super patient with me, especially considering the issues I had with taking in water with the old tube. If it hadn't been for him, I would not have had a good experience snorkeling and probably wouldn't have ever tried it again. Now, I can't wait to go back. We saw all kinds of cool things - barracudas, sting-rays, parrot fish, a nurse shark, a humongous school of tiny fish and some lobsters. It was awesome.

Lunch was terrific (curried chicken salad and dill tuna salad - yum) and all the food during the entire day was great ! The sand bar was fun but would have been better if the current wouldn't have been as strong -certainly not anything that can be controlled. The kayak tour was fun, but we were pretty tired by then. :)

My bf and I would have enjoyed more time snorkeling, but I guess we'll have to return. Thanks to Danger for a fantastic experience! Thanks too to Christy Sunshine who shared all kinds of knowledgeable and interesting info. And a special thanks to Wade for making my first time snorkeling be the first of many!! ~Jennifer