“Great Day in Key West”
Review of Danger Charters

Danger Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: When you sail with Danger Charters, you sail to another world and time; to a place where the wildlife is still "wild" and your interaction with nature is intimate and authentic. You feel as if you've stepped back in time, back to the days when the Florida Keys backcountry was home to traditional, shallow-draft sailing craft, captained by local water men who had grown up sailing and navigating the notorious shallows and challenging narrow channels of the Florida Keys.
Reviewed December 22, 2008

We sailed with Danger Charter's on Dec 15th. We were a party of 4 and one other couple coming off a cruise ship joined us so we felt like it was almost a private charter. The water was around 68 degrees so I didn't snorkel, but my son and his girlfriend did. The kayak to Man Key was a great experience for them as well. I stayed on the boat and took in the beautiful scenery all around me. Great day on the water and the sailing was very nice.
A full lunch was provided. The curried chicken salad was just delicious, plenty of refreshing beverages, fruit, and cookies.

All the staff on board was very knowledgeable of the area around Key West and spun some great lore for us to hear. Recommendations were made for restaurants and other sites to see which we greatly appreciated.

Thanks Danger Charters for a lovely sailing experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,196)
All reviews
in 83 reviews
"awesome crew"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed December 17, 2008

My wife and I spent a fantastic day out with Danger Charters in second week in December. The day was warm, the crew(Haig, Christy and Wendy) were great and lots of food and drink. What more could you want? They made us feel really comfortable, got to know our names quickly which personalised things 100%. Being a headmaster I know how important that is! My only suggestion would be is when canoeing would be wait until all the canoes are together before explaining what everything is cos what was said was carried away by the wind. I think it was very good value for money even with a weak pound. Go for it....!!!

Reviewed December 9, 2008

Danger is the best all day charter. This is the second time for us. Captain does great job and crew are very attentive. They personalize the experience and you really get to know the staff. Big Bang for the Bucks!!

I (Don from Michigan) had 7 in my family party and we were treated great. We enjoyed the whole day. My daughter, Molly, was last out of the water snorkeling. The snacks and food was very fresh and well prepared. The crew took the time to get to know us and chat with us. You will really enjoy this three in one charter - (Sail, snorkel, & kayak)!!

This has been the best personal experience in Key West...ouside of naked painted ladies we saw sunbathing on a boat right next to us....oh, no that was another time!!!!

Reviewed December 1, 2008

We took our two boys on their full-day sailing, kayaking, and snorkeling trip. The crew included Capt. Haig, Christian, Sarah, and Don. The trip was really great and not commercial at all. The staff was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the Key West environment. They were on hand to point out animal and plant life as we did each activity. My kids really enjoyed the outing and considered it the best part of the trip. I would highly recommend this company to my friends.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 28, 2008

We just returned from a week (Nov. 10-17) in Key West. The sailing charter provided by Danger Charters was the highlight of our entire trip! We had such an amazing and terrific time snorkeling and sea kayaking! So much wildlife to see!...sharks, turtles!, fish, osprey, hawks and last but not least, dolphins!....it was absolutely amazing!....We couldn't have asked for a friendlier and more welcoming crew! The food was delicious (especially the curry chicken salad!)...We recommend everyone that visits Key West MUST take this charter! In addition to the overall sailing experience, the number of people on the ship was VERY small compared to other charters offered (18 people onboard total including the crew!)....the overall construction of the ship is very unique and they can navigate in EXTREMELY shallow water (3 feet)!...therefore, they have the ability to travel to snorkeling areas that other charters in the area can't access!
It was such an AMAZING TRIP! and honestly we have absolutely NO plans of ever returning to Key West!...the rest of our trip WAS NOT impressive, including the diving!!........however, this charter made the whole trip worthwhile!!!!!

1  Thank contactcmj