“No 1 In Florida”

Half-Day Cruise with Kayaking and Snorkeling
Ranked #1 of 296 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: When you sail with Danger Charters, you sail to another world and time; to a place where the wildlife is still "wild" and your interaction with nature is intimate and authentic. You feel as if you've stepped back in time, back to the days when the Florida Keys backcountry was home to traditional, shallow-draft sailing craft, captained by local water men who had grown up sailing and navigating the notorious shallows and challenging narrow channels of the Florida Keys.
Reviewed November 12, 2008

My wife & i spent 19 days in florida in october & travelled the whole east coast from st augustine right down into key west & then onto sanibel island on the gulf & i can say that the time spent with danger charters was the highlight of our trip.
We did the 1/2 day kayaking/snorkeling trip and had a ball.The humour of the crew is infectious so the 10 or so passangers chilled out very quickly .
We sailed the calm waters for about an hour to a small mangrove island which we kayaked around all the time being given great information about the eco system & the abundant wildlife.It was great to see our guide getting more excited about some of the rare birds we saw than the people on the tour.
After that we snorkeled for approx 1hr in a different area .This is not the great barrier reef but there is still plenty too see & i was amazed with the variety of fish & nearly lost my life when i came face to face with a 3ft baracuda.
I was a little anxious for my wife who had never kayaked before & had rarely snorkeled but she was actually the last person to get out of the water after the activities ,The equipment for the activites is top class & really clean -they even have a choice of prescription goggles & all the time safety is paramount.
On the return to shore everyone can relax with a free supply of beer ,wine,sodas & food & if your lucky like us get a dolphin escort.
A really great trip & if im ever in key west again DANGER CHARTERS will be my first stop.

2  Thank Zena1
Write a ReviewReviews (4,079)

Reviewed November 12, 2008

My husband and I took the 'Wind and Wine' sunset tour and had a great experience. While the wind was blowing quite strong and the seas were a bit rough, the captain did a good job keeping the boat under control and respecting that there might be people on board who would not be comfortable with letting the boat 'go full out'.

The crew was friendly and very accomodating. Unfortunately the 2 hour trip went by SO fast!

We look forward to doing this trip again, and going on one of Danger's full day charters. We highly recommend this company and their tours!

Reviewed November 11, 2008

Had a great day of sailing, snorkeling and kayaking. Haig and Corey could not have been nicer and were the most gracious of hosts. Great fun to hang out with! There were only 6 guests this time around and it was fantastic to have such a small group and the boat all to ourselves - lots of food, beer, wine and stories to go around. The snorkeling was great (although the water was a bit cold!) but my favorite was the kayaking as we got to see an Osprey eating its lunch (a pretty rare sight)! And to top it all off, we got an amazing sunset and a few dolphins to welcome us back to the dock. All in all a great day. I would recommend Danger Charters to everyone.

1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed November 10, 2008

We went on the full day snorkelling and kayaking trip on the 31st Oct and had a great day. Haig and Wendy were great hosts - Haig kept us entertained with his singing efforts (bring earplugs) and Wendy was really enthusiastic and would appear with a fresh beer just as you drink the last drops of your current one!

The snorkelling was good (although I found the variety of fish on the snorkelling strip at Bahia Honda state park was better) but the kayaking was amazing.

I would definitely recommend this trip.

Reviewed October 24, 2008

We went on the full day Snorkelling and Kayaking trip on the 8th Oct (the same trip as kimpt00 who posted on the 13th Oct I think).

It was a great trip, the snorkelling was not the best snorkelling I have ever done (have previously snorkelled in the Red Sea and on the Ningaloo and Barrier Reefs in Australia). But never the less I enjoyed just being in the ocean and seeing the fish and rays.

The Kayaking was fantastic, saw Ospreys and various other birds, sharks, turtles and the Horseshoe crab. It was a wonderful experience and enjoyed the kayaking a lot.

The food served on board was very good, drinks a plenty and the whole day was excellent. Haig and Kristi were very informative and made the day . The group was only small and so there was plenty of room on the boat for everybody.

If ever we are back in Key West we would certainly go on another trip with Danger.

1  Thank JB6878