“Great day on the water with Danger” 5 of 5 bubbles

Half-Day Cruise with Kayaking and Snorkeling
Ranked #1 of 277 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: When you sail with Danger Charters, you sail to another world and time; to a place where the wildlife is still "wild" and your interaction with nature is intimate and authentic. You feel as if you've stepped back in time, back to the days when the Florida Keys backcountry was home to traditional, shallow-draft sailing craft, captained by local water men who had grown up sailing and navigating the notorious shallows and challenging narrow channels of the Florida Keys.
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great day on the water with Danger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had a great day last week on "Dangers Prize", one of Danger Charters' 65 ft. schooners. We learned a good bit of Key West history, snorkeled in the sponges, kayaked in the mangroves and enjoy delicious food and drink. The crew was capable and fun. I highly recommend making this part of a visit to Key West.

Orlando, FL
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun sunset cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I took the evening sunset wine cruise on October 30. The crew members were extremely nice. There was a good variety of wine and the types were well explained. There was beer as well. The cheese, fruit, meat and crackers were an excellent complement to the wine. We had a nice time talking to the other passengers. Everyone was having such a good time talking (and drinking), we almost missed watching the sunset! When we return to Key West, we will definitely go on this again.

Syracuse, New York
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Sail, Snorkle, Kayak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

This had to be one of the best times we've had on our last vacation. We went on the half day adventure which includes sailing to a reef to go snorkeling among the tropical fish. One of the crew also snorkels to point out different species of fish, coral and anything else that comes by. On our trip he found a Moray Eel hiding among the coral and rocks. Upon snorkeling back to the ship I saw a shark swimming a short distance away and got it on video. Now that's incentive to swim faster! When I climbed aboard I was assured it was a harmless Nurse shark and that it wouldn't have bothered me. After sailing a little farther we came to some small islands that are a national refuge for wildlife. As we kayaked around the islands we saw several birds that take refuge among the trees with a few Pelicans mixed in around the outer laying areas. Back on board we head back toward Key West and enjoy another beautiful sunset on the way. While you're on board chips, salsa, fresh fruits, soda and beer is served at no charge. Our crew was very knowledgeable about the area and provided a little bit of history and information about the Key West area. There was about 20 people on this sailing and there was still plenty of room to roam on the ship. We had a fantastic time and would definitely book this adventure again upon a return visit. Thanks to captain Chris and crew, Becky and Dale for an unforgettable adventure.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dottie H
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Great Sunset Cruise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have taken half day charters on Danger before and enjoyed them immensely! This time we just wanted to have some nice wine and nibbles and this cruise did not disappoint. The wine was very good, appetizers were very good, and the crew were very engaging and attentive. It lasted about 2 hours. I particularly like this company as they sail as much as possible (depending on conditions).

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Always A Great Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have been out on Danger half day and full day Charters four times. Everytime has been a great experience. They take you out to a good snorkeling spot, even when the waves are a little choppy. (then they go into shallower water). I got good photos of Damsel Fish, Blue Tangs, Angelfish and many others. I think my favorite part though is the kayak trip through a Mangrove Island. Every one of my guides including Kayla and Amber have been knowledgeable about the natural history of the Keys, telling us about Horseshoe Crabs, How Mangroves hold water and disseminate their seeds, Egrets, Herons, Cormorants, Ospreys, and Kingfishers. This is especially useful for me because I share the information along with my photos to several elementary school classrooms back in Colorado.

Thanks Captain Wendy and the rest of the Danger Crew!!!!