“Danger Charter's day-long excursion was an excellent value”
Review of Danger Charters

Half-Day Cruise with Kayaking and Snorkeling
Ranked #1 of 284 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: When you sail with Danger Charters, you sail to another world and time; to a place where the wildlife is still "wild" and your interaction with nature is intimate and authentic. You feel as if you've stepped back in time, back to the days when the Florida Keys backcountry was home to traditional, shallow-draft sailing craft, captained by local water men who had grown up sailing and navigating the notorious shallows and challenging narrow channels of the Florida Keys.
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Danger Charter's day-long excursion was an excellent value”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My 20-something daughter and I took the day-long Key West excursion offered by Danger Charter over the Labor Day weekend. This was an excellent way to get to know the waters around Key West. Our captain, Wendy, let us know at the outset that the clouds we saw early in the morning wouldn't necessarily bode ill for the trip. And sure enough, Wendy and her first mate Kayla were able to guide the 60-foot two-masted schooner safely and quickly out of the harbor and into clear water. These are sailors who know what they're doing, and do it very well. We snorkeled in an area populated by many fish - we spotted a nurse shark and a porcupine puff fish among many colorful breeds near a coral reef that no large boat could get anywhere near. The ten of us explored the reef without being rushed or feeling like we were lost in a crowd. On board, we had fresh fruit and soft drinks, chips and salsa, and (after snorkeling) there was beer and wine with an excellent lunch that included locally sourced tuna salad and delicatessen sandwiches. We spent the afternoon kayaking in a secluded bay, where we saw another nurse shark, young and older stingrays, and beautiful commorants taking off and landing in a bay that I think few people ever see. Throughout this part of the excursion, Kayla pointed out features of the ecosystem and the history of the islands that made it clear how much she loved the islands and knew of its features. Throughout the trip, Captain Wendy pointed out what was going on around us, as she skillfully piloted this beautiful schooner through the eight hours of the excursion. I looked at other excursions before choosing Danger, particularly those operated by the Fury line. I saw the crowds boarding the Fury excursion, and was really glad we selected Danger instead of Fury. Our trip was intimate without being intrusive, it took us to places no large vessel like the ones Fury uses could go to, and we were fed and cared for in ways that no large operation could rival. (There was even a tube of sunblock tied to the main mast, in case we ran out of our own lotion.) An outstanding crew, and an outstanding value. One suggestion: spray-on sun block makes the deck pretty slippery, so you might want to bring lotion rather than aerosol sun block, and bring a towel.

Baltimore, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wind and Wine - whats not to like!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed Danger Charters Wind and Wine sunset sail. Unlike other sunset cruises, Danger Charters limits their charter parties to twenty-five or less. We were fortunate to enjoy a cruise with fifteen people, which made it fun for everyone as there was room to move about the boat. The eight wine selections, four white and four red were unique and enjoyable. A variety of beer, both domestic and imports were available as was soft drinks and water. A variety of hors d'oeuvres were passed that were bountiful; a veggie platter, a variety of crackers, cheese, and summer sausage, and dark chocolate to enjoy with the red wines.

The captain, and two mates were knowledgeable and friendly, and their demeanor contributed to the enjoyable cruise. We would certainly consider sailing again with Danger Charters on future return trips to Key West.

Jersey City, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“underwhelming, snorkkelling was sub par”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

What i didnt like was that they were dishonest!!

I asked twice what reef they were going to for snorkelling - once over the phone and once in person at their kiosk. They only told me they would take us to the national wildlife refuge without telling me that it was NOT a reef and would NOT be what I was looking for.

So after spending $194 dollars for two of us, all we got to see was some grassy ocean bed with dull looking fish swimming around..
I was on a 3 day vacation of which 2 days were supposed to be bad weather. I picked danger on the only good weather day based on the reviews here and on tripadvisor but I think many of these reviews are not genuine. The crew wasnt great either - with a morose looking 'captain' and a helper girl that was basically rattling out instructions.

Would do this again with this company, think it might be better to stick with the larger operators. We went on a sunset cruise with fury the next night and that was fine.

1 Thank S K
Branson, Missouri
“Perfect Sunset Cruise - Key West”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I have enjoyed several cruises around the keys in the past but Danger Charter was by far the BEST we have ever experienced! Capt. Nick and his crew we fantastic. They were engaging, hospitable and experienced. We were offered wines, beers and hors oeuvre that were a cut above others. A HUGE thanks to the guys last night for making this a night for us to remember. Make sure you add this excursion to your itinerary, you won't be sorry!

Parsippany, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First time on a Kayak!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband, kids & I had a great time. It was the first time we ever went on a Kayak & loved it. The crew on our 4 hour trip was great!