“underwhelming, snorkkelling was sub par”
Review of Danger Charters

Small Group Sunset Sail with Wine
Ranked #1 of 291 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: When you sail with Danger Charters, you sail to another world and time; to a place where the wildlife is still "wild" and your interaction with nature is intimate and authentic. You feel as if you've stepped back in time, back to the days when the Florida Keys backcountry was home to traditional, shallow-draft sailing craft, captained by local water men who had grown up sailing and navigating the notorious shallows and challenging narrow channels of the Florida Keys.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

What i didnt like was that they were dishonest!!

I asked twice what reef they were going to for snorkelling - once over the phone and once in person at their kiosk. They only told me they would take us to the national wildlife refuge without telling me that it was NOT a reef and would NOT be what I was looking for.

So after spending $194 dollars for two of us, all we got to see was some grassy ocean bed with dull looking fish swimming around..
I was on a 3 day vacation of which 2 days were supposed to be bad weather. I picked danger on the only good weather day based on the reviews here and on tripadvisor but I think many of these reviews are not genuine. The crew wasnt great either - with a morose looking 'captain' and a helper girl that was basically rattling out instructions.

Would do this again with this company, think it might be better to stick with the larger operators. We went on a sunset cruise with fury the next night and that was fine.

1  Thank S K

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I have enjoyed several cruises around the keys in the past but Danger Charter was by far the BEST we have ever experienced! Capt. Nick and his crew we fantastic. They were engaging, hospitable and experienced. We were offered wines, beers and hors oeuvre that were a cut above others. A HUGE thanks to the guys last night for making this a night for us to remember. Make sure you add this excursion to your itinerary, you won't be sorry!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband, kids & I had a great time. It was the first time we ever went on a Kayak & loved it. The crew on our 4 hour trip was great!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked an all day eco tour and it was hands down the best part of our vacation. I've been on a sailing, snorkeling, and kayaking trip before but Danger Charters went above and beyond. There were only 12 people on the boat which was perfect. Our guides, Christian and Victor, knew us all by name and took the time to have conversations with each of us. We even ran into Victor on Duval St. the next day and he remembered us!

The tour itself was amazing. We began by sailing and learning about the Keys followed by snorkeling. Victor jumped right in and helped point out things I never would have found on my own. I had to get out early because of my fear of the jellyfish but it was just beautiful.

After the snorkeling we had a great lunch. The sandwich fixings and side dishes were all purchased at a local store that were DELICIOUS! All of which I could purchase at a store near me but it seemed so much better on a boat.

After lunch, we had a few drinks and went kayaking. We saw a shark, lobster, and some turtles. Very cool experience and again Victor was an amazing tour guide. The final sail back to the harbor was beautiful and relaxed. At this point everyone was drinking and getting to know each other. It was great! I didn't want to leave. I actually contemplated taking the same tour the next day.

So if you are thinking about booking this, just do it because you won't regret it. Do NOT go on the "other" eco tours with 20+ ppl. You will thank me!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

As I said in the title, this was a perfect evening activity for our 25th anniversary. We took the Wind & Wine sail and it was great. The crew was very nice & attentive.