“Dining al fresco Key West style.”
Review of Caroline's Cafe

Caroline's Cafe
Ranked #41 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Caroline's offers appetizers, fresh green salads, sandwiches, entrees and some of the best specialty cocktails on the Island! We offer free delivery to Old Town and all our food is prepared to order. Perfect views of Key West life on Duval Street from our raised, sidewalk cafe.
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

First impression was good. My wife and I arrived a little after 2:00 pm. Most of the restaurants we passed were nearly empty, Caroline's was nearly full. The bus "boy" (he appeared to be a retired gentleman) cleared a table quickly for us and welcomed us.

Second impression was equally as good. Alison our server was very friendly in a genuine way. As things slowed down she took the time st stop and chat with us.

THIRD impression was excellent. The manger (Robert) stopped by to inform us that they have a three step allergy check. I have a shellfish allergy and Robert informed us that they are making triple sure to keep my food away from cross contamination with the shellfish dishes and that he would personally which he did!

The food was very good. I had the Rev. Joe burger (warning only order this if you are HUNGRY). It was very fresh, juicy and tasty. My wife had the Front Street Club and enjoyed it as well. She lived the crispy bacon especially.

The music was just loud enough to make "atmosphere" but not so loud as to drown out conversation. You do get a bit of street noise from all the traffic in Duval St. but it isn't obnoxious either. Since you ARE outside (under umbrellas and canopies) you do get an OCCASIONAL whiff of...um...alley odors. Again, for us it wasn't obnoxious.

We will be back again. Thanks Robert and Alison!

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

It was a super busy night on Duval. We waited for 10 minutes and the food was good and so was the service.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went to Caroline's for dinner our first night in Key West. We were just walking by and decided to stop. Best decision we made! I had the Fish Sandwich - it was huge and delicious! Didn't have much room for the fries, but they were good too. My husband had a cheeseburger which he also said was great. Went back 3 days later for lunch. I had the Shrimp Po Boy sandwich and it was just as good! Staff was fast and friendly. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Good food, nice decor, chaotic service at some moments but we felt well taken care of. I just liked the place.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

the food is delicious, reasonably priced. outdoors seating, watching the very busy "show" of Duval Street - very nice. friendly staff, good service. we went back several times during our stay. loved the Caesar salad with grilled shrimp.