“Decent Enough”

Fury Water Adventures Key West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fury is one of the most popular Key West attractions in and out of the water by visitors and locals alike! Fury Water Adventures offers guests a variety of water sports such as Key West snorkeling, parasailing, jet skiing, sunset sails, sunset cruises, glass bottom boat tours, dolphin watches, kayaking, paddle boarding, and more. Save big on Key West vacation packages with Fury’s Stay & Play deals today.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were apprehensive about booking online due to the refund policy so we waited until our cruise ship docked in Key West. What a spectacular day. No wind and not a cloud in the sky. I booked directly in their shop right near the dock. I felt it was very reasonable for their three hour snorkeling trip to the living coral reef. The boat was a very large catamaran and they took about 130 people. There were quite a few cruise ship passengers and quite a few people who do not speak English. The boat itself was very well maintained. The captain sat on the bar and took the safety of his passengers pretty seriously. He went through an explanation of the do's and don'ts on the reef and using the equipment. The people who did not speak english were given instructions in their language on sheets of paper. They weren't happy and the captain called them funny talkers. A bit insulting, maybe. They also talked about the environmental impact of not taking care of your trash, especially your the plastic cups and also using spray sunscreen. They served us water and soda on the way out to the reef. The ride took about an hour. It was just beautiful. The water so clear you could see the bottom. The reef itself was pretty spectacular. We descended the boat by a staircase or you could have jumped overboard. The crew was constantly watching everyone and yelling snorkelers, do this, snorkelers do that. They were definitely keeping an eye out for everyone. The one complaint I have about the trip is that it was too crowded. To many people on the reef bumping into you. We snorkeled for about an hour. Back on the catamaran and they made everyone sit down in one place to take a count of all their passengers. We had about five crew members counting several times. Took about 10 minutes but again, safety first. On the way back they broke out the free margaritas plus free soda and I think they had beer. They wanted it to be a party atmosphere. All well and good if you want that type of atmosphere. I don't and I don't care about free margaritas but we're in Key West and it was a nice touch if you want that type of thing. The ride back was pleasant. On the way off the boat they expected tips. They should just raise their price a buck and give it to the crew. A lot of people didn't tip and the captain kept reminding them to remember the crew. They took our picture getting on the boat and on the way off the dock, they had them to purchase for $25.00. They had three pictures in a cardboard frame, a bottle opener with your picture, and a key chain that you look into that had your picture. I thought it was a nice souvenir so I did purchase it. All and all the trip was decent and worth it. It was just too crowded but it wasn't awful. It just would have been so much better with fewer people on the reef. I'll look into Fury again for other activities when I'm back in Key West.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,809)
All reviews
in 131 reviews
"great trip"
in 154 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was in a group of four and did both the parasailing and dolphin tour. The agent we booked with at the street stand was very strange and forgetful (asking the same questions repeatedly and changing stories several times) and did not return a phone call. The woman at the parasailing check in was rude and had no customer service skills. I work in customer service and if she was an employee of mine she would have been fired. The service they provided is the only thing that kept this from being a five star review.

The parasailing staff (Scotty and Chuma) were funny and laid back, which made the experience less intimidating. Two of us just rode along for $10 and had a great time. The boat was sold out but not overly crowded, and all of the para sailers spent a decent amount of time in the air.

The dolphin tour was fantastic. Steve and Nicole were our guides and were knowledgable and friendly. We saw about 20 or more dolphins and they came very close to the boat. Nicole told us many interesting dolphin facts and pointed out several dolphins by name. The snorkeling was wonderful and we saw plenty of sea life. Nicole caught a sea urchin, sand dollar, and a starfish and allowed the passengers to hold them before returning them to their homes. I was not aware that there would be complimentary beverages at the end of the trip, but they had plenty of beer, wine, and champagne. They were very generous with the beverages and had more than enough to give all passengers as much as desired.

Definitely bring cash as tips are expected and well deserved.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We snorkled and saw many types of beautiful fish, and coral. Then we kayaked to a sand bar in the middle of the ocean, and had drinks. After that, we kayaked to a mangrove island...it looked like it was straight out of the movie "Life of PI." I had no idea islands in Key West started out as mangroves. This was a fun and informative excursion, and a nice friendly crew.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great trip on the reef & ritas. The water was a little choppy on our trip but the experience was still great. All of the crew were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely go on another trip when I return.