“Double dip snorkel cruise”

Fury Water Adventures Key West
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Key West Living Coral Reef Snorkel Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fury is one of the most popular Key West attractions in and out of the water by visitors and locals alike! Fury Water Adventures offers guests a variety of water sports such as Key West snorkeling, parasailing, jet skiing, sunset sails, sunset cruises, glass bottom boat tours, dolphin watches, kayaking, paddle boarding, and more. Save big on Key West vacation packages with Fury’s Stay & Play deals today.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 22, 2013

There are lots of choices for snorkel cruises in Key West but we were very pleased to have chosen this one. The Reef Express was a nice boat with a great crew. We stopped at two decent snorkel sites and then they were generous with the drinks after the snorkeling. I'd recommend Fury and would use them again for snorkeling or other water excursions.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,189)
All reviews
in 90 reviews
"great trip"
in 155 reviews

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I signed up for the Ultimate Adventure. We booked online and everything went smoothly when we arrived. We parked in a nearby parking lot- we paid $15 for the day until 5:00.
The first thing they do is assign you to a group number. The group you are assigned to will participate in each activity together. The groups are rotated through each activity so that it is organized. I think this worked well. They give plenty of announcements about which activity you are doing next but still....some people just don't pay attention.
Breakfast was served as people were getting on the boat. The breakfast consisted of muffins, fruit, juices, etc.
The catamaran went out to Sand Key in the Atlantic for some snorkeling first thing. With it being the 3rd largest barrier reef in the world, I was expecting some great sea life, but sadly, there wasn't much to see. Not the fault of Fury though. They provided snorkels/masks and fins but we used our own which was no problem. They also provide drops to help keep your mask fog free.

On the way to Adventure Island in the Gulf, they served lunch, which consisted of fried chicken, sandwich makins, pasta and potato salad. Cookies were available for dessert. Water, pop available all day (with beer/wine/wine spritzers served when you are done water activities!). I thought the fried chicken tasted pretty good, but not so much the pasta salad.

Our group did the para-sailing first upon arrival to Adventure Island, which was awesome. It was our first time doing this and we felt perfectly safe. The staff on our boat were fun and made the experience great. They offer to take pictures for $20 (cash only!). My husband didn't initially want to pay this but I talked him into it and he was glad I did. They provided about 75 pictures and were well done. They only provide them on CD though. My biggest recommendation would be for them to put the pics on a memory stick (Sea Trek in St. Maarten did this).

Our group then did the jet skiing, which my husband went crazy for. I think you have about 20 minutes to do this. Please pay attention to the staff giving the orientation. I don't know why people don't listen. During our time there, someone didn't and ended up in a fender bender with a parked jet ski. Now she'll have to pay for the damage.

After jet skiing, we were free to kayak, use the water slides, swim, etc but we decided to just sit on the boat and take in the sun.

We had a great day but its a long day being trapped on a boat with people. For some reason whenever I go on these excursions, there are always some "interesting" people around. Makes for good stories later though.

Three people fell sea sick so please don't go on this adventure if you tend to get sea sick. It does not make a pleasant experience for others, especially when they're throwing up right next to you. Bleh! I will give them the benefit of the doubt though because the water was pretty choppy.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Overpriced. Commotion on the ocean. Better time at Mallory Square and a lot less money. If you have never seen a sunset on the water then it would be ok. Drinks were good. Appetizers filling food. Not enough for all. Tough to maneuver the restrooms. Definitely not handicap accessible. Was told Saturday night cruise would be the best night to go. Hate to participate in the worst night.

1  Thank Robinskj
Fury K, Guest Relations Manager at Fury Water Adventures Key West, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We're sorry to hear the Commotion on the Ocean was not the right trip for you. It's one of our most popular excursions, and most consider a live band, all you can drink, appetizers, and a sunset sail a value packed trip. Perhaps our classic sunset sail or our glass bottom boat sunset cruise would be better for you. Thanks for joining us!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

4 of us did the Island Jet Ski Tour through Fury while we were in Key West last week. Our tour guides were Ben and (I think) Lenny. They were awesome. For those of us that wanted to go fast they had us go first so we were not stuck behind anyone slow. They were informative and fun. I will make this one suggestion for those out there that have never jet ski'd...get your own! Our friends shared their jet ski and I don't think they enjoyed it us much as my husband and I did. It's a lot easier to control and enjoy the ski when there is only one person on the ski. I have years of experience on jet ski's (sea doos) and have found it very difficult to ride with two people on the ski. Some times the water can be rough and bumpy so being on your own you can control the speed and how you handle the jet ski. I do not work for Fury (seriously, only a tourist with experience) so I'm not looking to jack up their prices. Even someone who has never been on a jet ski before can handle it and the tour accomidates different speeds so you can go at your own pace. The person we talked to to book the trip helped us tremendously when he told us that there would be no cruise ships in the day we went. So if you talk to someone at one of the stands to book the trip, if you are staying in Key West for an extended period, ask when the cruise ships won't be in port. Less people to deal with while you are out. Obviously if you are on a cruise this won't make a difference. The only issue I have with Fury (and why they got 4 stars) is with their parasailing, they only do tandem. So if you are the only one of your group that wants to go up, you have to go with a stranger. There are other companies they do single. Other than that I would use Fury as a first choice.

1  Thank KCPalmBay