All reviewsles paulhot tubitalian roomother guestscountry frenchparis roomduval streetplunge poolrooftop deckhome away from homeold town bakerysmall pooltrip to key westwithin walking distancethought of everythingyogurtmini fridge
Reviewed April 3, 2010

My husband would never consider a B&B before, but from the moment we were greeted at the door, we felt like friends. Les and Paul can offer advice on sightseeing to restaurants. We opted to nap on the sundeck after a day of soaking up the sun and sights. Then back for a fabulous sunset cruise. Hotel cleanliness is always iffy... Knowles House is immaculate. They have thought of every detail..down to earplugs in case the roosters crow! We never heard anything. It's close enough to walk to harbor and Duval st., but back enough to be quiet and feel very safe. And yes, my husband wants to go back. Thank you Les and Paul for a truly wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I found KH on the website when I was looking for a place to stay with my recently retired father. It's an easy 4 block walk to the heart of Duval (though after a long night out you may want to take a cab back!!!!).

Les & Paul are wonderful hosts. The room was clean with a mini-fridge and plenty of closet/drawer space. The beds were so comfortable they rival the mattresses at The Four Seasons.

In the end, KH is exactly what we were looking for, a quiet place to call homebase while we were in Kew West. When you stay here, make sure you check out the rubber ducks at the top of the pool!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I'm long overdue in writing this review, as my wife and I stayed at the Knowles House over a year ago. However, I can say without reservation that it was absolutely fantastic. It's very well located; far enough away from Duvall as to be peaceful at night but close enough that it's only a few minutes walk. Both Les and Paul (especially Les) is very helpful and their restaurant recommendations are excellent. Every suggestion they gave us was an absolute delight. Les also made reservations for us for excursions and, basically, took good care of his guests.

The rooms are nice. It's not 5-star luxury but that's not a slight (you're not paying $500/night either). The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The little center courtyard is pleasant. The outdoor shower, while a little unnerving to use, was actually great! And the hot tub made for a nice way to end the day.

I would highly recommend this B&B for both the location and service.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teamocil
Reviewed April 1, 2010

My wife and I have limited experience with B&B's and we really didn't know what to expect. Our desire was to find a place a little off the beaten path, but convenient to all the things Key West has to offer. We are not interested in lavish places and glitter. We prefer quaint, quiet, freindly, and accomodating. What we found in the Knowles House exceeded our expectations. We enjoyed the tasteful combination of historical and tropical decor. Les and Paul were extremely helpful from the moment we arrived and gave us some fantastic tips for dining and sightseeing. One of the most rewarding things of the whole trip was being in an atmosphere condusive to meeting and enjoying people from all walks of life and all parts of the world. The poolside social hour every evening provided the perfect place to gather and have refreshments before heading out. We met JIm and Jo from Michigan, bonded almost immediately, and feel we have met new lifelong freinds. We would most definitely stay at the Knowles House again. Thanks again for a wonderful time!
Chuck and Kristi Barton

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kristibarton
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Highly recommended - great location, friendly owners, clean rooms - a charming place all around. Forget the car and walk or bicycle to any place in KW from this wonderful get-away B&B. Proprietors Les & Paul bend over backwards to meet every whim of their clientel. We've been coming here for the last 6 years or so, and when comparing notes with other visitors we meet on the street, we know we're at the best place for many different reasons.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple