“Key West Vacation”

Ranked #31 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
union, nj
“Key West Vacation”
Reviewed April 29, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Knowles House in Key West from April 22 through April 25, 2008 and had a great time. The B&B is located within walking distance of downtown Key West. Owners Paul and Les were fabulous hosts. The rooms were spacious, clean and modern, located just off the pool area. The house has an intimate, palm shaded yard with a pool and jacuzzi as well as a sun roof. The shade of the palms blocks out the sun and the surrounding noise and keeps the yard cool. Our hosts obtained dinner reservations for us as well as tips for various attractions around town. The breakfast was simple, tasty fare. It was just right!

We'll definitely be back.

John

• Liked — Location and service
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Central New Jersey
Reviewed April 23, 2008

My vacation to Key West was one of my most memorable! Before I even boarded the plane home, I was already planning my return trip. Most importantly, staying at Knowles House and my experiences there made my vacation a hundred times more enjoyable. Whenever I do return to Key West, I could not imagine staying anywhere else.
Listed below are my top 10 highlights of Knowles House:
10. Knowles House is walking distance from all the main sites and attractions. Not having a car for 5 days was liberating!
9. The pool and hot tub are accessible 24 hours a day.
8. When you are relaxing by the pool or on the deck, you feel as if you are tucked away in your own private oasis.
7. The continental breakfast is heavenly! My favorites were the mango jelly and and guava juice!!!!
6. Listening to the roosters. What can I say?? I live in NJ! When do I ever hear roosters? I loved it!
5. The rooms are kept very clean & tidy.
4. Les and Paul are approachable & easily accessible to answer all of your questions. They will get you anywhere you want to go. From scheduling your sailing trips to finding local Key West events and activities, they'll get you there.
3. Les and Paul's restaurant recommendations - I am still dreaming about the conch carpaccio and scallops at Café Solé! Divine!
2. The atmosphere of Knowles House is conducive to chatting & socializing with others staying there. We were fortunate to meet several people that we clicked with immediately. Mid-afternoon to early evening seemed to be our social time at the pool.
1. Last, but definitely not least, Les and Paul. When I left, I felt like I was leaving a friend's home. I have never stayed at another hotel or bed and breakfast where I felt more welcome. They are gracious, caring, and genuine hosts who have their guests' best interests at heart.

• Liked — The hospitality and friendliness
  • Disliked — That I had to go home
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hilarymaris
Crown Point, IN
Reviewed March 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Knowles house last week for our honeymoon. Les and Paul were wonderful. I was impressed with thier knowledge of the island and the history of Key West. Everything that they suggested we do was great! The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable. They were small but the majority of the time we spent at the Inn, we were in the garden. The breakfasts were excellent, the outdoor shower was great. I could go on and on... I have already recommended this inn to friends. We will be sure to stay there again on our next trip. I was hesitant to book thinking it may be too far from the attractions, but it wasn't. Everything we did was within walking distance, yet it was far enough from the nightlife that it wasn't too loud when we wanted to rest.

• Liked — The owners were very friendly and knowledgable
  • Disliked — The pool was small
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Newlyweds229
Exmoor National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2008

Knowles House is very central for all that Key West has to offer. Both Les and Paul make every attempt to ensure that your stay is pleasant and are a a mind of information with regard to what to do, where to go and make some excellens suggestions with regard to dining - all in all a very good choice.

• Liked — Personal Touches
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Max L
Washington DC
Reviewed February 24, 2008

This was my 8th stay at The Knowles House in the last 10 years. It is a small B&B in the heart of old town Key West. You can walk everywhere. The 2 hosts are extremely attentive to your wants and needs. It is a fun place to stay. There are many guests that return every year, a good number from abroad. It is a comfortable place to stay, with an open back porch where you gather for a delicious continental breakfast or just to read a good book. The dipping pool is just perfect after a long day of sightseeing. The Knowles House is not appropriate for children. They would be bored, but it is a perfect place for a short weekend stay or a 10-day vacation.

• Liked — The ambiance
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MacDuff-DC
Tampa, FL
Reviewed February 22, 2008

My wife and I just spent a wonderful, restful, and delightful two evening stay at the Knowles House Bed & Breakfast and we can not say enough nice things about the experience. We didn't have a recommendation on selecting Knowles House, we just picked them from the internet based on what we thought was price, location and value, since this was our first visit to Key West. We hit the nail on the head because it was everything we could have wanted and then some. Besides being most gracious and attentive, the hosts/owners are very knowledgeable about Key West and go out of their way to make sure their guests enjoy everything Key West has to offer; that included them calling the owner of a restaurant at home to get us a table on a full Valentine's night. The location is a big draw, we parked the car and never used it the entire time we were in Key West. The Knowles House provides all the amenities anyone could ask for, and their breakfast reminded us of many European breakfasts we have experienced. We found it totally satisfying. The B&B was always clean and we felt very welcome and "at home" staying there. We are both looking forward to a return to Knowles House in the future. Thanks for everything!

Stayed February 2008