All reviewsles paulhot tubitalian roomother guestscountry frenchparis roomduval streetplunge poolrooftop deckhome away from homeold town bakerysmall pooltrip to key westwithin walking distancethought of everythingyogurtmini fridge
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This B&B was the the best accom we had in our whole Florida trip!!! And it was a very good price!!!
This two absolut nice, charming and professionel men were so helpful in everything we asked! They knew all the good restaurant, the best way to walk etc etc! It was so nice we felt like a big family wirh all the guests.
The breakfast was really good, fresh fruits, yogurt and all the other stuff. Beer and wine as much as we liked for free!!
The rooms very clean and all little needs(bandaids, make up remover etc)
were there. There was an extra outside shower who gaves us en exotic feeling.
the only thing who maybe isn't for someone like Michael Phelps, the Pool is really little, but for a cooling down still perfect.
We loved this place. Thanks to Les and Paul!!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank plainwhiteteeth
Reviewed July 30, 2012

For my son's 16th birthday we hit Key West. I was able to make reservations at the Knowles House B&B online about a week before traveling without any issues. The B&B is very comfortable and the owners, Les & Paul, went out of their way to accommodate us. We did not have any set agenda but with Les' and Paul's help, we were off on multiple adventures, tours and sightseeing trips. We especially enjoyed relaxing on the patio, soaking in the spa and chilling in the pool after returning from Duval Street.

We loved the place and will stay there again with the whole family next time.

OK, time for the nitty-gritty... (Obligatory criticisms)

Only two small issues:
* Small TV not in a terribly comfortable location on top of the armoire but had all the channels, was a flat-screen with great picture and sound. Could be remedied with a tilt.
* Bathtub had a crack in the center which was covered by a tub mat. This was not a problem for my son as he used the outdoor shower everyday.

I could go on about how much we enjoyed the B&B but the bottom line is - stay there, you will be happy.

Room Tip: Patio rooms are quiet and peaceful!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Gastronomist
KWInnkeepers, Owner at Knowles House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

You and your son are just a great duo. It isn't always that we get a father and teenage son who get along so well. It is a gift, treasure it. Everyone enjoyed your humor and company, including us. We hope to see you again. Actually, after meeting you and your son, we are anxious to meet your wife and daughter. I bet that they are great too!

As for the crack in the tub, it happened just before you checked-in. We knew about it, but there wasn't anyway to immediately fix it -- it is a fiberglass tub and not easily or quickly repaired -- and we didn't have anywhere else to put you guys. We did not want to spoil your vacation at the last minute. We determined that the crack was not a danger to our guests and just decided to brazen it out, since what ever water leaked through the crack was not going to do any real harm until we could get it fixed. I am truly sorry; I should have told you what that was all about. As for the TV, thanks for your suggestion. Since I don't watch TV in that room, I didn't realize that it was uncomfortable to watch. We have remedied that. We appreciate your telling us. We really want to make Knowles House as nice as we can for great people like you. Please come back to see us again.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

It was the second year I've gone to Key West for my birthday and first time we stayed at Knowles House...I'm hoping to make this trip an annual birthday event and we will never stay anywhere else! Such hospitality...we love Les and Paul!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank summer n

Thank you for the kind words, but it was as much fun for us as it was for you. Please come back to see us and you don't have to wait until your next birthday. You are more than welcome at Knowles House anytime.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We went down to Key West after spending a couple days in Miami. It was a really quick 3.5 hour drive, just as Christina had told us. One of us, had never stayed at a bed and breakfast, and she was pleasantly surprised. Christina was there to greet us. Any worries about staying in a bed and breakfast were immediately cast away. Christina greeted us with a glass of wine and showed us around their beautiful location. She also provided us with a bunch of tips about local places to check out. The room was super cute and cozy. We especially enjoyed the jacuzzi's luxurious 24 hour access! We would stay there again in a heartbeat! I definitely think this place was a huge part of our positive experience in Key West. Five stars for their genuine warmth and unbeatable hospitality.
Beth & Michelle

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle F
KWInnkeepers, Owner at Knowles House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you, thank you! Wonderful people like you are the reason that we love our job. Please come back to see us anytime. Also, if we can do something better, please let us know. We miss you. Stay well and be happy.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I'm a little delayed in my review but we really enjoyed our stay at Knowles House so I still want to share our thoughts.
From the moment we arrived and were greated by Les and Paul to the moment we left and said our goodbyes to Christina, we felt like we were at our Key West home. Everything that you could possibly need was provided for, including a nice late afternoon glass of wine.
We stayed in the italian room, which was comfortable, A/C was plenty cool and the bathroom was huge. We used the hot tub almost every night to ease the aching muscles from the miles of walking we did each day. We didn't really use the pool. It was small but other guests seemed to enjoy it.
The only thing that prevents Knowles House from getting 5 stars is the breakfast. The tea/coffee/juice selection was great along with the yogurt, but the typical, store bought bagels/pastries got old and boring really fast. It was an easy fix for us, just ran to the amazing bakery on the corner for some pastries and sticky buns and brought them back to eat in the courtyard. If breakfast improved this can be a true 5 star B&B.
We would recommend anyone we know stay here during their visit to Key West.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelissaH1515
KWInnkeepers, Owner at Knowles House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really enjoyed having you with us. We appreciate very much your comments about our breakfast pastries. We used to bake our own breakfast pastries, but a change in the State regulations made that illegal, so we resorted to buying pastries from a local bakery. It was the only alternative. I guess that the pastries from that bakery aren't as good as my neighborhood bakery. Neil doesn't make coffee cake, which we like to serve. His individual pastries are wonderful, but, frankly, too expensive for us to serve to 16 - 19 people every day. I am just being honest. Nevertheless, we heard you, and will try to do better in the bakery department! Thank you again for taking the time to write. Please come back to see us.