All reviewsles paulhot tubitalian roomother guestscountry frenchparis roomduval streetplunge poolrooftop deckhome away from homeold town bakerysmall pooltrip to key westwithin walking distancethought of everythingyogurtmini fridge
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Had a wonderful stay at Knowles House B&B, Les and Paul have thought of everything and Christina is the perfect hostess. We wouldn't stay anywhere else while visiting Key West!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne H
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My 16 year-old son and I made a late decision to spend part of his Spring Break in Key West. Trying to find a reasonably priced room with two beds for 3 nights the week before Easter in Key West on just two months notice was a challenge. We found the Knowles House through an internet search and were glad we did.

We had the Portofino room, with two queens beds. The room was located at the back of the house, just outside the pool. It was quiet, comfortable and provided good nights of sleep.

Booking our room was easy through an exchange of a few e-mails with Christina and Les. We arrived late Saturday afternoon, parking in the small driveway to unload our car. Christina warmly welcomed us, showed us our room and gave us direction on where to park our car. Street parking in Key West includes spaces reserved for those with a resident permit and open spaces for visitors. Christina told us the spaces on Eaton were all resident spaces and gave us direction on where to look for a spot. We found a space around the corner on Frances Street, at the corner of Fleming Street - it was about a 3 minute walk from Knowles House. We only used our car once in the three nights we stayed and the same spot was available when we returned. We could have been closer, but saw no need to spend time searching for a closer spot.

The Portofino Room had a small flat screen TV, plenty of electrical outlets, blinds on the windows for privacy and a small refrigerator in the closet. The bathroom had a small sink. The shower had somewhat low hot water pressure, but plenty of hot water. There was an outdoor shower behind our room - just couldn't bring myself to use it. :)

Breakfast was short of what we had at other bed and breakfasts, but a step above the typical hotel continental breakfast. Fresh pastries, bagels, english muffins with a selection of jams and jellies. Fruit and a selection of juices. We are not big breakfast eaters so this was perfect for us. A quick breakfast while reading the morning paper was just what we wanted. Ice and water was self serve from the refrigerator all day and night.

The location was perfect for us. A 10 to 15 minute walk to Mallory Square. Close to the Bight and Harbor. We walked everywhere, including down to the Southernmost Point. The Knowles House was always a welcome sight when we returned - cool rooms, cold water and a place to rest. Christina had several excellent restaurant recommendations.

Either we were really tired each night or we had a very laid back group of fellow guests - we had no noise issues whatsoever. We enjoyed our stay and would gladly return if we ever make it back to Key West.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ysuindy
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I found Knowles House online and so glad I did. My husband and I spent a busy Memorial Day weekend walking around and seeing sights. After a long hot day, it was a great pleasure to come back to a quiet retreat and relax. We so enjoyed the wonderful hospitality we were shown. Christina was there to greet us when we arrived and immediately made us feel like "old friends". This made our experience even more special. We will be back! Anne and Ken Mikesell

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We enjoyed our first visit to Key West. The staff is exceptionally helpful providing recommendations for where to visit and what to see.
The room was perfect, comfortable, clean and private.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beachchair4two
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Knowlesh House for a week to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I knew immediately upon arrival that this was a little gem! The staff, Les, Paul and Christina were an excellent trio of hosts and helped in many ways with making us feel at home, offering complimentary glasses of wine and helped book a tour for us! We were happy to even see a complimentary bottle of champagne on our bed along with fresh flowers, two fluted glass and a beautiful personal note written by the staff to us to honor our anniversary! They entire stay was perfect, the breakfast each morning by the pool was great, the location was a short stroll to everything. It was really nice to stay in a historic "conch" house to really get the true feel of Key West instead of staying at a large, very expensive "sterlile" resort. Thank you again, and Christina, you were wonderful, from the moment I came through that front door and we hugged, I felt like you were my aunt or big sister and that I had known you for years even though this was our first time meeting!! The package we bought was a true gem of value, we enjoyed all the excursions/museums vouchers included and your rates are great, in this economy I believe that is very important, espceially with all the competition out there; plus fair rates/excellent hospitality keep customers coming back and provide good referals for family/friends. Keep up the great hospitality, I have recommended your B & B to all of my friends, family and co-workers! We will be back, hopefully soon! Tina & Joe from Connecticut

Room Tip: We stayed in the tinest room, our choice since it was cozy/romantic and just the two of us, but Christina allowed me to view a few of them while we were there when no one was renting the room and all are very nice, depending on size and theme you are looking for, all have private baths too.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple