All reviews les paul hot tub italian room other guests country french paris room duval street plunge pool rooftop deck home away from home old town bakery small pool trip to key west within walking distance thought of everything yogurt mini fridge
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Great atmosphere, especially the shaded courtyard area. We loved the pool at the end of the day. Our hostess, Christina, was a great help - everything she recommended turned out to be spot on! I'm trying to think of anyhting that could have been better, and we've given up. We're B&B people, and this one is a keeper -- we'll be back.
Ken & Randi Peterson

Room Tip: Book early - we were glad we did!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My wife Carol and I just got back from a 4 night stay at the Knowles House for Memorial Day Weekend. Let me begin this review by stating that this was my wife’s first time in Key West, and my first return trip since 2003. That being said, we spent minimal time in the house and most of the time we were on the go. However, the time that we did spend actually at the house could not have been a better experience. We were due to arrive into Key West earlier in the day than we originally planned. I phoned in a couple of nights beforehand to see if we had to wait for a certain time to check in or if we could show up whenever we got to Key West. I was informed that our room was vacant the night before so they would make sure it was ready for us. We actually showed up an hour ahead of when they were expecting us. Les greeted us at the door as if we were old friends stopping by for a visit. He showed us around the front of the house first and explained that we had 24 hour access to any dishes we needed to use as well as the microwave, etc. We were then lead to the back porch/pool and hot tub area, also something that guests have 24 hour access too. Very peaceful area covered with palm trees. There is also a private outdoor shower that I highly recommend using. After using it one time, I did not use the shower in my room again! Our room was beautiful. I highly recommend the Country Cottage for couples. Very nice, clean room. Breakfast was also very good. For two people on the go, it was ideal. Bagels, English muffins, cereal, fruit, etc. We were greeted with a “Welcome Home!” every time we came back to the house. For those leaving negative comments toward this place because they lock the indoor refrigerator at night, give me a break. You have access to the ice water dispenser as well as the outdoor miniature fridge which I found to be stocked with milk, yogurt, etc. Also, the rooms come equipped with a small fridge and if there is anything you want out of the main refrigerator, all you have to do is ask while the innkeepers are there. After offering us beer and wine, Les actually gave me a couple of extra beers to keep in the mini fridge in my room. I feel like a lot of the negativity I have read could have been deterred by communication. I never once felt like a stranger at the Knowles House nor did I feel that they were treating us like outsiders. I appreciate the tour at the beginning of our stay and did not see that as a strict set of rules. My only regret, which isn’t really a regret at all, is that we did not spend very much time at the house getting to know other guests. But we had so much to do! I give this place 6 stars out of 5. The owners and staff exceeded my expectations tremendously and we are already looking forward to our next stay.
PS – We had left something for Magda the housekeeper, but realized in unpacking that we scooped up the envelope and it came home with us! I will figure out a way to make it up. She was FANTASTIC!

Thank you all for making sure we had an awesome and memorable stay in paradise.
Regards,
Michael R

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2011

My friend and I spent a fabulous weekend at Knowles House. The B&B is only a block from the ferry so very easy to drop bags immediately upon arrival and leave bags on last day. The owners and the manager Christina were wonderful hosts attentive to our every need- so much so that on our last day we shopped and brought them gifts. In addition, every restaurant they recommended was great- places we would not have found or picked without their guidance. Our room was clean and large enough for us to not feel cramped. Breakfast was good including fabulous coffee and juice. Everything about staying there was easy and I will definitely stay there again on future visits.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Key West offers a crazy kind of fun. But it's also good to escape that scene by walking a few short blocks from the raucousness of Duval Street to the cool serenity of Knowles House. From the moment we pulled up, the atmosphere was welcoming, friendly and helpful. We stayed in the comfortable Italian Room with its huge bathroom and spa tub. The complete continental breakfast got us moving each day, but it was sometimes hard to leave instead of just relaxing on the rear lanai to read and talk and occasionally cool off in the dipping pool. It was only a short walk to the historic port district and a few blocks to Duval, so it was easy to be in the center of the action and then return to a more serene experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I must say that Les, Paul, Christina and Danny were the most wonderful hosts anyone could ask for. They even helped a friend, who came down to Key West on short notice, find a place to stay on Saturday evening because they were already booked. They provided us with a very nice breakfast, changing it up slightly everyday. We stayed in the Malibu room - I"m not sure, but at far as we were concerned - it was the best room in the house. The only recommendation I could make would be to put a mirror in the room - that way when my husband was showering, I could be working on drying my hair. This bed and breakfast is close to the seaport and within walking distance to Duval - a perfect location for those who want to be close to the action but still have a little peace and quiet. We would go back in a heartbeat, in fact, it's been less than a week and we are ready to back again. Thanks guys for a wonderful week in paradise!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple