The Southernmost House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
La Te Da Hotel(Key West)
Orchid Key Inn(Key West)
  • Breakfast included
Almond Tree Inn(Key West)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslopez housethe main houseinfinity poolduval streetcabana roompoolside barocean viewold mansionhistoric propertyhouse is beautifulquiet end of duval stsouthernmost pointyogurtthe entire stafftrip to key westbed and breakfastthird floor
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I know many of the other guests while I stayed at the House were thrilled with their rooms, but I just was not impressed -- at least for the price. I stayed there for two nights and the second evening I returned to the room to find the bathroom SWARMED with ants. They went from the window, around the entire bathroom (literally). By the way, I was in a second floor room, so it's not like they just waltzed right in. When I told the staff the next morning, they asked what room I was in and said "Oh, OK. Thanks for the update." I kid you not. I remember exactly what they said because I was shocked.

If you want to stay there for the experience of staying at a really neat mansion, it will certainly satisfy that desire. And the pool & bar are open to the public (for a small fee) during the day, and I would certainly go there for that. But for the price, I will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2010

My fiance and I are planning a destination wedding cruise and when i was looking for a venue location in Key West I found what I thought was the perfect place ( The Southernmost House). So I place a phone call and after to return call from the wedding planner Jennifer I placed an email. To my disappointment I didn't receive a response for 3 weeks but I was very set on this location because it looks amazing. Well after two and a half months the communication and customer service has been awful 1 return phone call and 2 emails plus I was sent the wrong contract. This is not what I expected from people who deal with destination weddings all the time. We decided not to book with them because of these reason and I would not feel at peace with planning our wedding via phone or email due to the lack of response. Its to bad because it seemed like a gorgeous place.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank raceher298
Reviewed October 22, 2010

The Southermost House is probably the hotel with the most charm and character in all of Key West. The mansion is on the more residential end of duval street but the walk down Duval street is never dull.
All Hotel employees were extremely kind and accomodating.
The property is unbelievable. There wasn't a speck of dirt in the pool and the lounge chairs right along the water are great for relaxing.
The hotel is well worth the money expecially in the non-prime time of mid-october. Now that I've experienced the Southernmost House, I won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
cgoldberg1229, General Manager at The Southernmost House, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2010

Thank you for the fabulous review that was given to our Hotel and friendly staff on October 22nd. We appreciated your comments about our friendly staff. That is certainly something we are known for and expect every day. We are truly please that you enjoyed the pool and all that the house has offer. We are truly blessed with a great location, view and great people to deliver service day in and day out.

Once again, thank you for your input and kind words. We share all comments with our service teams to reward good service and to understand our opportunities for improvement.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

After reading a few of the previous reviews I was a little concerned we would not enjoy are stay as much as staying in an average well known hotel such as the Marriot etc. but once we arrived I was speechless!! the house is extremely clean and the rooms are very large. We stayed in room 201 and had the view of the ocean, some of the grounds and a huge baloncy where we could sit out and listen to the ocean. It is not until you stand back and really think about what this house use to be and who it has seen walk through it, that you really really appreciate how lucky you are to stay there! The history is amazing! It is on the quiet end of Duval street, so you can come back to some peace and enjoy a late night dip in the infinity pool. The staff are fantastic! we had the same receptionist on the whole time we where there. I forget how to spell his name, but I believe it is Salva. He was extremely pleasant and helpful the intire time. Breakfast is fresh pastry, cereals, fruit etc and hot tea and coffee. This was my first visit to Key West, I am already planning our next stay and we will definately we staying at the Southernmost House.. hopefully in room 201 again!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
cgoldberg1229, General Manager at The Southernmost House, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2010

Thank you for the great review that was given to our Hotel and friendly staff on September 27th . We appreciated your comments about our friendly staff. That is certainly something we are known for and expect every day. Thank you for sharing detail on what you found to make your stay enjoyable. We are truly blessed with a great location, view and great people to deliver service day in and day out. The history of the house certainly makes it a more unique choice then the typical brand. If you take the time to understand the history, you are correct it brings a whole new level to your vacation.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed here for three nights recently and were extremely happy. Our room was nicely decorated, very clean, very comfortable, had a balcony overlooking one of the pools and had a coffee pot in the bathroom. There was a flat screen TV but there were almost no stations (fine since we weren't there to watch TV). The bathroom was only big enough for one person but it was modern, clean, had plenty of counter space and was stocked with nice products. The pools are large and very nice. Plenty of towels were provided that you could also take to their beach. There was a poolside tiki bar. There is no room service but there is a beach cafe on the property. We had lunch there and the food was very good. The location of the hotel is superb, on United off Simonton. There are very good restaurants you can reach within a five minute walk, it is one of the very few hotels on a sandy beach (beaches in the Keys are mainly rock) and importantly it is away from the rowdy crowds further down on Duval.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jdpreview
cgoldberg1229, General Manager at The Southernmost House, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2010

Thank you for the great review that was given to our Hotel and friendly staff on July 30th. We appreciated your comments about our friendly staff. That is certainly something we are known for and expect every day. Thank you for sharing detail on what you found to make your stay enjoyable. We are truly blessed with a great location, view and great people to deliver service day in and day out.