WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #30 of 78 Key West B&B and Inns
High Point, North Carolina
“Totally Awesome Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

This was my first trip to Key West and it could not have been any better. We stayed in the Lopez house and our room had a wrap around deck with an ocean view. I could lay in my bed, open the french doors and see the ocean. All of the staff were exceptional and treated us like we were the only people on the property. Both houses have been beautifully renovated and furnished. The pool was absoultely perfect (temperature, view, bouyancy) we spent most of the day poolside before going out for the evenings. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Southernmost House for you Key West vacation.

1 Thank charliesangels_5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Lower Keys, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

The pool with its incredible view is worth staying at this place. After a hot day of walking around Key West, this was the perfect tonic!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank liz34348
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

I just spent 3 nights at the Southernmost House and was treated like a VIP the whole time. From the moment we checked in with the friendly staff we were treated like royalty! The room was spacious and the bed was heavenly! We opened the doors to the terrace and the ocean was right there! The continental breakfast was very nice, too. We spent the majority of the day poolside and I have to say, it is the most incredible pool I've ever had the pleasure of swimming in. The temperature of the water was perfect; not too warm, not too cold and the bouyancy I felt was awesome! The staff tending bar was fantastic, as well. We made up a "fruity yum yum" drink and Kendra passed the instructions on how to make them to the bartender for the next day! Now is that awesome service, or what! There was always a supply of fresh towels poolside and the deck furniture was in great shape. We enjoyed being able to shop and check out the nightlife by foot as everything was in walking distance. We were all so sad to leave, but brought wonderful memories of the Southernmost House with us! Be sure to ask about the history of the Southernmost House while you're there. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Southernmost House for your Key West vacation.

1 Thank CricketsFriend
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

This was my first time in Key West, and we couldn't have chosen a more serene, relaxing, authentic place to stay. The room was luxurious with a wrap-around deck and ocean view. At the end of each sun-filled day, the bed was a heavenly cloud-like haven. The pool was perfect: there's no other word for it. Every employee I encountered was sincerely concerned about our happiness and comfort and the bartenders by the pool made an effort to remember our names and our preferences. There's beach access adjacent to the Southernmost House, but my friends and I didn't even bother to go ~ it was too nice by the pool! Since the house is positioned at one end of Duval St., there was no thru-traffic (making it more peaceful), but it was extremely convenient to everything. Top notch accomodations ~ highly recommended.

1 Thank amanda1722
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

The Southernmost House in Key West is truly one of the most exceptional places I have ever been. The house itself is like something out of the Victorian era. It is immaculately maintainted and truly beautiful. The rooms are spacious and luxurious, with every amenity you can imagine. The staff are fantastic; from the people at the front desk, to the bartenders, to the cleaning staff...everyone went out of their way to make sure that we felt pampered and very well cared for during our stay. I stayed in the Lopez House, which is directly across the street from the main house. I had a beautiful suite, with an incredible ocean view from the porch outside my room. The suite was incredible, and larger than my apartment at home!

The pool area is spectacular. I had two full days in Key West, and couldn't bring myself to leave the pool either day (I guess I will have to leave the sightseeing for another trip!). The pool is situated between the main house and the ocean, so either way you look, the view is incredible.

I was able to make myself leave the pool in the evenings, which is when I really appreciated the prime location of the Southernmost House. Located at the end of Duval Street, it was a short walk to fantastic restaurants, art galleries, shops and bars. My car never left the parking lot - every place I wanted to visit was within easy walking distance.

I just can't recommend the Southernmost House highly enough. I had a wonderful vacation, and look forward to returning to this charming resort.

1 Thank crg2009
Clemmons, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

This was my first trip to the Keys and I didn't know what to expect. I had seen pictures of the house online, but pictures don't do this property justice. I found the history of the houses fascinating. Both houses were beautifully renovated and furnished. The pool was amazing as was the view. The staff was attentive and courteous, particularly the receptionists and poolside bartendars. Ask for a fruity yum yum drink poolside! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and look forward to visiting again.

Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2010

The only reason we would recommend this B&B is because of the relaxing atmosphere at the back of the house with the hammocks, the ocean, and the palms! No doubt about it, the house is beautiful, and the back of the house/pool, with it's views of the endless ocean, right from your hammock is the best part of the stay. The worst part of our stay was how obvious it was that the staff didn't care what guests thought about the place or their stay with them. We stayed in 103, a poolside cabana and we were happy to have that room, it opened right up to the pool. It was not part of the main house, but it was on the same grounds, and very convenient to the pool and those hammocks we loved.

Our room was not nearly as luxurious as we expected. If more attention were paid to the details of that room, it would have been perfect! The walls had nails/screws unused, that were painted right over, instead of being removed and touched up before painting. The blinds were fine, but needed a valance or treatments around the top, to hide the holes left behind from the previous set of shades, or even better to finish the "look." The curtain rod over the french doors that opened to the pool area, appeared to have been painted using the same flat paint as the walls - tan. All the room needed was some attention from owners & management...patch up the walls, a fresh coat of paint to brighten it up (perfect would be a rich shade of yellow which would offset the existing furniture nicely), finally some nice window treatments...that's it, and it would have been well worth it! The bath and shower were relatively cool, and the kitchenette and fridge were nice and very clean. But when inside the room it really did feel more like an apartment than a pool cabana at the most beautifully restored historic home in Key West.

Additionally, the pool itself probably needed repainted, the blue paint looked overly-faded, and the corners showed rust colored stains under the water level. But the water appeared clean and we enjoyed it once during our stay. The breakfast was basically coffee, tea, juice, & milk; bagels & breads for toasting; basic muffins and pastries; fruits; cereal; & yogurt.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
cgoldberg1229, General Manager at The Southernmost House Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2010
Thank you for the review that was given to our Hotel and friendly staff on June 5th. We appreciated your comments about our friendly staff. That is certainly something we are known for and expect every day. Thank you for sharing detail on what you found to make your stay enjoyable. We are truly blessed with a great location, view and great people to deliver service day in and day out.

We also appreciate you sharing your thoughts and concerns about the house with us. I am happy to inform you that a change has occurred in the management and we are currently addressing the issues that you faced during your resent visit. It is our goal to have the Best, Most Elegant property in the market.

Once again, thank you for your input and kind words. We share all comments with our service teams to reward good service and to understand our opportunities for improvement.

Thanks again for your kind words.

The Southernmost House Team