When we rang the Keys Tourist Board for a place to stay in Key West they offered us a one night stay at the Southernmost House. The house itself and it's location are impressive. The room we stayed in (room 301) was impressive as well. Breakfast was average, especially when you pay so much money for a overnight stay. Personnel was very friendly. My husband fell ill and we could stay in our room a few hours longer without extra costs.
But there were a few dissapointment as well:
- we came by minivan (rental car) and there was almost no parkingspace. We had to sqeeze in between all the convertible's and had to drive backwards (again just inches from the convertible's) to get out of the parking again.
- a third floor room means you have to carry your suitcase up the stairs. No problem when you have a small suitcase, but we visited Florida for three weeks so we had quite a lot of luggage. It was a pity that no one of the personnel came to help.
- there were a lot of bugs in the room. (I think silverfish) They were crawling up the walls, but were in the bed as well. Probably the bugs were there for quite a while, because all over the wall you could see were other people had smashed them.
- It didn't smell very nice in the house. I know the house is a museum, but it smelled like a museum as well. Not very nice when your bedroom smells the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only Bed and Breakfast on the Ocean in Key West, Florida. Located on Duval street and within walking distance of Museums, Restaurants, Bars and entertainment. A sophisticated setting located directly on the Oceanfront. The Southernmost House stands out as Key West's most striking oceanfront bed and breakfast, with 18 spacious, exquisitely appointed, air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Refresh in the cool water of a glistening zero-entry pool as you gaze out at the infinite sea. Enjoy peaceful moments soaking in the sun and a delightful complimentary breakfast. Stroll down Duval Street, towards all the spirit and character that embodies Key West's laissez-faire persona. The Southernmost House is located just footsteps away from Old Town Key West attractions, restaurants & bars, shops and art galleries. Built in 1897 and electricity was installed by Thomas Edison in 1990. The Southernmost House is the 2nd most photographed home in the USA. The most requested location in the Florida Keys for Weddings. The Mansion has hosted presidents, movie stars and writers. Guest must be 18 years or older due to museum pieces throughout the Southernmost House Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Southernmost House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southernmost House Hotel Key West