“Can't wait to go back next year!!”

The Southernmost House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Can't wait to go back next year!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed in the rooms by the pool away from the house. We had the room closest to the ocean. This was the best room in Key West as far as we were concerned. The room had a kitchenette - sink and refrigerator. The bathroom was average. The room was clean and bright and the bed was comfy. The entire staff was excellent. The bar by the pool had great margaritas! I could go on and on. The wi-fi was not too good but I honestly did not go to KW to be glued to technology! The room was not the nicest,(but that is not to say it was not a good room! No complaints!), but we will ALWAYS come back to the Southernmost House when we visit Key West.

We kept the windows open at night. Listening to the waves crashing on the dock was so soothing. The sunsets and sunrises were breathtaking. The waterfowl and boat traffic was nice to watch. We had a porch area where we sat and drank coffee and read the paper and just relaxed. It was such a nice respite from our hectic work lives!!

The pool was nice. We went for a night swim and had the pool to ourselves. The stars were beautiful and the house is so pretty at night.

We walked EVERYWHERE we went, from restaurants, to shopping, and even to church! There are bikes, moped rentals, electric car rentals, etc if you don't like to walk. We found the location to be quite convenient. The farthest we walked to get somewhere we wanted to visit was one mile.

We are extremely pleased with this B&B and plan to stay here again. It is private and small and well staffed. There is great history to the house as well.

Room Tip: Stay on the ocean side.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason C, Manager at The Southernmost House Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear BudNLily,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at The Southernmost House. The King Juan Carlos Suite is truly one of the most unique rooms in all of Key West and offers the best experience anyone could imagine. We look forward to your return visit to paradise!!!

jasoncarter@remingtonhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and I and spent our honeymoon in Key West - and couldn't believe we chose this place out of luck. Reviews and photos led me to this and while we were expecting something very nice, we were totally overwhelmed with how AMAZING the house, the views, and the SERVICE was from top to bottom. They catered to our every need (not that we're high maintenance, but if we were, I have no doubt they would've treated us the same). The pool is phenomenal (as is the pool side bar). You're 1 block away from the southernmost point (tourist attraction), which is cool to check out. Right across the street is the Southernmost Beach Cafe with beach chairs and bar, in case you want lunch or a quick dinner. CONVENIENT! Bike rentals are also a block away. Top to bottom, everything about this place is amazing. The photos online are spectacular, but you must experience this for yourself. Even if you spend one night here during your stay in Key West, it's worth it. I've recommended it to family and friends and will continue to do so. We're also going back this year for our anniversary.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DrHoops13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent honeymoon stay at The Southernmost House, we sincerely appreciate all the kind words. We pride ourselves in personalizing each guests experience to cater to their needs and make your stay the most memorable of your lives. We are thrilled to be able to host you for many future celebrations. Until then, enjoy the memories made here in Key West!

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights as the culmination of our 10 day road trip from NY. We chose Southernmost for its location and views and expected a quality experience to go along with them. Basically, the view and the architectural merits of the place are excellent but the atmosphere and service is mediocre. Our room had lukewarm water, a generator hummed away throughout the night, the wifi was slow or nonexistent, and the complimentary breakfast was middling at best. The place is a proverbial tourist trap and the service only amplified that feeling, but waking up to the sun rising over the ocean was beautiful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jayness1066,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We apologize your stay did not live up to our expectations and we will work hard to ensure all guests experience the same personalized service and attention to detail that we pride ourselves in. We truly hope that your overall stay here in Key West was enjoyed.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed here with another couple. I must honestly say that this B&B is the most beautiful place in Key West! Nina was very professional and greeted us when when checked in. She even helped carry our luggage! The breakfast items were a touch touch too. I would wake up and go out to the back with my coffee and watch the ocean. Not many places in Key West have an ocean view! Our room was really beautiful too. I have traveled across the country and this is my absolute favorite B & B. Devin, the bartender at the poolside bar was especially nice and made fantastic drinks. She is one of the very few bartenders in Key West who can actually make a great. Bahama Mama, although my favorite was the Mangoritas!

I can't wait to come back! We walked up and down Duval Street each night with no problem and we are in our 50s. It's located on the quiet end, but in a few short blocks you are in the center of the action!

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house on the second floor- room 203. Great room with a shared balcony that was...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mullaney
Dear Mullaney,

Thank you for your wonderful review and comments about our amazing staff. The views and service you received at the Southernmost House is close to none. We will be sure to share your kinds words with Nina and Devin and thank them for the dedication to serving our guests. We hope to welcome you into our house again sometime soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We stated here for the week of Christmas and it was not only an amazing place full of amazing people, they went out of their way to make our Christmas Day special and create an atmosphere of wonder! Thank you for everything you have done and I look forward to returning whenever we get a chance! Nina, Devin, Lindsey and everyone do a wonderful job at this amazing establishment!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TALaff,

Thank you for let us share your Christmas with you! I look forward to passing along your compliments to our staff and thanking them for all their hard work to make the Southernmost House such a memorable experience. We look forward to your return visit with us, until then enjoy the memories made in our atmosphere of wonder!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed December 24, 2013

What more can you ask for - historic property, great location, excellent hospitality! My wife and I stayed there for 4 nights. we spent 2 night in their property across the way and 2 nights in the main house We preferred the main house but the property across the street was very nice. Beautiful grounds and pool/bar area. Nina is the most hospitable innkeeper we have met. Very knowledgable of the area and accomodating. We felt like we stayed at the best property in key west. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear markpgh,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay here with us. We truly believe we are the best property in Key West and take a lot of pride in your feedback. As a leader of the house, Nina's dedication to service is a true example of what the Southernmost House is all about. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 19, 2013

You can use the pool for $10 a day if you are not a guest. This $10 fee includes a towel and a drink (alcoholic or a soda) and use of a lounge chair. One of the locals had told me about it and how it was the best pool in old town. So I get there and pay my $10 and get my towel and drink coupon and set up on a lovely chair. I get down to my (modest, not a thong) bikini bottom and the bartender comes over and tells me they no longer allow topless sunbathing for women. There were no children around anywhere and no guests were complaining. I told him that the local had told me they did. Bartender said they used to but management had changed the policy after someone complained a few months ago. The bartender was apologetic and they were very nice in refunding my money. I ended up at a bed and breakfasts pool where I explained what happed at Southernmost and they were happy to let me use their pool (for free!, and I wasn't even staying there)

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nina P, Manager at The Southernmost House Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Southernmost House. The Southernmost House is an exclusively adult property. As long as you are in a horizontal position, you are welcome to sunbathe topless. I'm not sure where the misinformation came from, but we apologize and hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Key West.