The Southernmost House
$335
$297
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
$242
$152
Hotels.com
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
$923
$849
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewslopez housethe main houseinfinity poolduval streetcabana roompoolside barocean viewold mansionhistoric propertyhouse is beautifulquiet end of duval stsouthernmost pointyogurtthe entire stafftrip to key westbed and breakfastthird floor
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I live on the SW coast of Florida. While old friends were in town, one mentioned that a road trip to Key West was on her bucket list. We couldn't pass up checking one off that ever so important Register, so we left the next morning! My husband decided to let us girls go alone on the adventure. Her "bucket list" plan was to just take off and make NO plans! Kind of scary for someone who likes to map out every detail of vacation. After a 5 hour drive we headed to the South end of Duval. Also known as the quieter end of the street. That was when we saw this majestic beautiful quaint home on the water. At first we weren't sure if it was a museum or a store however if it was a B&B, that was where we wanted to stay. The young lady at the reception desk was absolutely amazing and accommodating. We were given the facebook discount and informed of availability. The room on the 3rd floor was available as well as a suite at the Southernmost Guest House across the street. The suite was on the first floor with a kitchenette, family room and nice sized bathroom. We decided to stay at the Southernmost Guest House due to the spacious accommodations. We were also able to park right behind our room and still have a beautiful view of the beach. The cost of parking was normally $20 per night however the receptionist waved the fee for us. The use of the pool at the Southernmost House (now across the street) was open for us to use 24-7 and a wonderful breakfast buffet. I plan on also giving a review for the Southernmost Guest House but wanted to comment on the main home. We loved the décor and found the history fascinating. The hotel was built in the late 1800's and at one point was a Speak Easy. A bullet hole that was meant for Al Capone is still in the front window. I believe four of five Presidents also stayed at the Southernmost House. The hotel is walking distance to almost everything, especially a short walk to the Southernmost Point in the US. The facility is clean, customer service is superior and the waterfront property would be a fantastic romantic getaways or weddings. This elegant Boutique Hotel is where you can watch both the sunrise and the sunset. Highly recommend and now don't think I would stay anywhere else on future visits.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Steve K, Manager at The Southernmost House, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you for your positive remarks regarding your recent stay; makes our entire team proud that we were "able to exceed your expectations"! We have a great team who enjoys engaging with our guests and providing them memories they won't forget!

Thanks again for sharing your positive comments with everyone and we look forward to your return!

Area Manager
Steve Keup

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Southernmost House is located on the South side of Key West, at the end of Duval Street, between a small beach and the famous "Southernmost" buoy. It's in a very quite neighborhood, 10-15 min (walk) from the busier city center.

We stayed there for one night during Labor Day week end. The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated. They all have a very high ceiling (at least 4 or 5 meters). The bed seemed a bit small for a king size and I found the mattress a bit soft in the middle but it was still comfortable. We didn't have an ocean view but we had access to the balcony and the ocean is literally 50 meters away. There is a bar in the garden and the pool is overlooking the ocean. There is also a small terrace with sun chairs even closer to the ocean (but it is not possible to swim however there is a beach 50 m away). The breakfast in the morning was "continental" and very copious (selection of bread, croissants, bagels, fruits, juices, cereal, pastries, jam, etc.).

The staff is very welcoming, helpful and willing to answer any questions. They reserved a table for us at "Louie's Backyard", a great nearby seafood restaurant, and gave us a few tips about the town (best beach, where to see the sun set, etc.). This is not a regular hotel but a sort or B&B/Inn so there is not 24/7 room service for those who are expecting it but the small size of the house, the staff and the location definitely made it a more personal and enjoyable experience

Room Tip: Choose a room with ocean view if available
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Steffan_FR
Nina P, Manager at The Southernmost House, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Southernmost House! We agree that it is ideally situated with one of the most beautiful views the island has to offer.

We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope that you will visit us again the next time you are in Key West. No need to wait to next Labor Day to stop in and say hello.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice bed and breakfast. The pool overlooks the ocean and is the best pool with a view on the island. This place is on the quiet end of Duval, and is a short walk to all of the action. Didn't really interact much with the innkeeper. Was a bit irritated to find out people can pay $15/day to come use the pool and it comes with a free drink! I stayed there for a week and didn't get one free drink! Seems a bit backwards. Was also irritated that people who weren't staying there ended up with the prime spots at the pool. Overall was nice, but somehow need to find ways to make the guests feel as special as those who come to use the pool.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LeeLeLuLu

Dear Nice B&B, and Nice Bed & Breakfast:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I had such a wonderful time getting to know your Mom and Dad, Carol and Leroy, so I regret that I didn't get to spend sufficient time with you and your husband. I am disppointed to learn that you missed out on the complimentary drink, and Hawaiin style buffet that we offered during your stay. I hope you did get a chance to see the fire dancers and hula dancers.

Our #1 priority is guest satisfaction, so I regret that we failed in meeting your expectations. I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Key West. I will make a personal effort to be sure you enjoy all the benefits that we strive to offer our guests. It was a pleasure having you here with us. Please give my regards to your Mom and Dad.
Warmly,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Leah W
Nina P, Manager at The Southernmost House, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Southernmost House. I regret that we didn't get to interact more while you were here. We enjoyed having you and your parents as guests at the mansion, and I hope that you will return again so I will have another opportunity to ensure you have the best experience possible.

We appreciate your feedback about the pool. Anytime a guest feels they were not our top priority, it is a problem and goes against all that we work hard to accomplish, so I apologize that your experience wasn't ideal. I hope you will visit us again when you are in Key West.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed in room 106. Although not an "ocean view" room we had an AMAZING view looking over the pool, courtyard, and ocean! The room had a great shower and we loved the easy access to the pool from our second entrance. Everything was very clean! The bartender was so sweet and friendly and made wonderful drinks. All the staff was very kind and eager to make our experience one of the best. We had a minor issue one night (no fault of the southernmost house) and it was quickly addressed the next day. the inn keeper was perfectly polite and made sure our experience was not affected by this small incident. We loved the breakfast each morning and reading about the history of the home and its guests. The Southernmost cafe right next door was delicious and the house even had a beach right next door. Very close to Duval but in a more quiet area so you do not need to worry about loud bars, music, or guests. We will be back! Enjoyed every minute!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ktcam88
Nina P, Manager at The Southernmost House, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thanks for taking time to share your experience with others. Thank you too for understanding that some situations are out of our control, but I'm glad it didn't interfere with your enjoyment of the Southernmost House.

Guests like you that make the most of all that the island has to offer end up having the best vacations! I'm glad you chose to stay with us. We hope you will come back again soon to visit.

Warmly,