“Beautiful bed and breakfast”

The Southernmost House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Charles City, VA
“Beautiful bed and breakfast”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Beautiful place to stay in the perfect location (on the beach, at the quite end of DuVal street). It was a little pricey, but worth it. Hard to bealieve that we slept in the same place that former presidents had stayed. This home is steeped in history. The pool is nice, and the breakfast was good. When we go back to Key West, we will definately stay here, if it is available. If not, we'll stay at the Southernmost Hotel.

1 Thank Lisa_CharlesCity_VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The Southernmost House is absolutely beautiful. The staff was friendly and helpful. As much as there is to see and do in Key West, you will want to spend most of your time poolside. I can not remember feeling such depression as when it came time to check out. You will not want to leave! We will, with out a doubt, be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 302. Views of pool and ocean.
1 Thank Jeff G
La Grange, IL
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Our first visit to Key West. Absolutely lovely! We frequently search for Bed and Breakfasts. How fortunate I was to make a find like this! A great location overlooking the ocean, restful, quaint. The location was very convenient. Our room was lovely; the staff was friendly and helpful. We interacted with Ariel a lot because she was the one on duty when we had questions or needed help. No matter what the question, she had the answer and was efficient and eager to help. We plan to return next year and stay in the same room.

1 Thank 723Susan723
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I was in vaction mode and arrived to the airport with all my friends on Monday 2/20 expecting to leave the island travel back home to New Jersey. Turns out, I had mistakenly booked my ticket for 2/21. I frantically called every hotel and B&B on the island and was continuously told "sold out" as it was Mardi Gras and prime tourist time in the area. My first call was to Ted Palm at Southermost House with a rate of $350. After calling many more places; I called Ted back and asked him to book it. He was extremely calm, politie and friendly over the phone. I also had to call him once in the cab because there are so many "Southernmost" accommodations and I was not sure the exact location. Ted remeberered me immediatly and told me the diections. Upon arrival Ted greeted me, checked me in, showed me the amazing facilities, brought my bag up and made me feel at home. The room was gorgeous with the biggest king bed and most comfortable I have ever slept on. The next day I enjoyed a leisurly free breakfast on the second floor patio and spent the day relaxing by the infinity pool, beach chairs, hammock, all while sipping great frozen cocktails from the pool bar. Ted was everywehere and did everything. He was the reservationist, guests service agent, bellman, concierge, etc. I assumed he was the manager of the property. All observed encounters with Ted; he was welcoming, ccommodating, knowledgeablem, hospitalble and polite. He is an amazing employee and you are lucky to have someone with such passion for hospitality. I work for HIlton in HR so I know he is a keeper. Thanks Ted for your hospitality! I have recommended this location several tiems over since I have arrived back home to my friends and collegues in NYC.

Room Tip: My room - 203 was beautiful. Shower was a bit strange as it was half enclosed in glass so the water...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Jennifer T
Alliance, Ohio
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We just returned from our stay at the Southern Most and it just kees getting better everytime.We visit twice a year and have never been disappointed.We stay in the same room every time.A great addition to your staff,I must give the highest grade possible to Ted,this gentleman is outgoing always a smile and egar to assist.He made our stay a very joyfull event a great person.We have made reservations for our next trip.

Best Regards
Larry and Cindy

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Three rooms were booked at the Southernmost House for small family reunion and fun in Key West for one week... our time in Key West was complemented by Ted, at the front desk, who adeptly handled every possible question and concern. Ted was very helpful and patient in enabling our whole group to take advantage of so much of what Key West has to offer. The initial feeling you have upon entering this grand historic property is that you are staying somewhere very special, however, the welcoming attitude of the gracious staff makes you understand you are in for a real treat. Ted was the primary reason that our stay at Southernmost House was so enjoyable, as well as the primary reason that this particular property worked out to be so ideal for our family vacation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2012

If you enjoy history, elegant architecture and a really helpful staff, the Southernmost House is a great choice. We only stayed one night--our last night in Key West. Remember, it's an old house, and there are creaks and no elevator. So if you are looking for a traditional hotel this is not for you. We found it to be incredibly charming.The pool area is fantastic and a great place to watch pelicans diving for fish. The drinks at the pool area bar are very good.
To be honest, I think they could work on their breakfast selection---but still, eating a croissant overlooking the Atlantic in the morning was a memorable way to say goodbye to Key West!

Room Tip: Room 201 has an amazing porch that overlooks the pool and ocean.
2 Thank ChanceUpon