“a magical delight”

and up
Key West Hop-on Hop-off Narrated Trolley Tour
Ranked #1 of 180 things to do in Key West
Reviewed September 8, 2013

There are literally butterflies everywhere inside - and 2 beautiful flamingos as well as some other small birds like Chinese pocket quails. I wish the sanctuary were larger and the gift shop smaller. The gift shop is a bit much but at least your money goes to support the conservatory. It's wonderful.

Write a ReviewReviews (9,318)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

One of best attractions on the island. Very professionally done and maintained. Has butterflies, birds, turtles, koi, gecko, even a couple flamingos. The custom artwork they do by framing butterflies is incredible too.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I took my family to the Butterfly and Nature Conservatory and we LOVED it. Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly and we were so happy to enter the conservatory. Butterflies, Butterflies, Butterflies - I was into another world and in complete happiness. There are small birds, beautiful plants, flamingos, a gazebo, various sitting areas and gosh, my sense of nature was alive. Many of the butterflies were attracted to my aunts red blouse, so wear red if you want the butterflies to come towards you. There's a gift shop upon departure and I purchased small gifts for friends. I am so happy we spent a few moments in the Butterfly and Nature Conservatory. Ample parking is provided. I was pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Second visit back to this wonderful conservatory and a second great experience. Thank you! The experience of being surrounded by so many butterflies lifted our spiirits.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We visit and bring guests to the Butterfly Conservatory every time we visit Key West, it's an amazingly beautiful and peaceful place that we strongly recommend to anyone visiting the Keys. This last time we brought our 7 year old grandson who was mesmerized by the butterflies, the little birds, the turtles and the koi. And if you like tropical plans, you will enjoy the setting. And bring your camera.