“Beautiful Butterflies”

Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
Ranked #1 of 130 things to do in Key West
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We enjoyed our visit to the Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory. It's a beautiful, quiet place filled with the most beautiful butterflies. I'm glad we went.

Write a ReviewReviews (10,486)
All reviews
in 162 reviews
"fish"
in 178 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

From the moment you walk into the conservatory area, you'll be amazed at the amount of beautiful butterflies, birds, and plants. They'll land on you, so be aware in case you're not into that or if you think your child would get scared. You get your hand stamped, so you can go in as many times that day as you like. This was the best thing I saw on Duval Street, would highly recommend for any nature lover.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were enchanted by the butterflies - something out of a fairy tale. Well worth the visit, and your tickets are good for two days -

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was spellbound by the beauty of the butterflies. We had never been to a butterfly place before. I would love to go back again. We went in the morning and the butterflies were very active. My 8 year old son enjoyed the butterflies as well as the display where the frogs were and the turtle that he found in the conservatory. A few butterflies landed on my son. The chenille plant and other shrubs and flowers were beautiful. We must have taken hundreds of photos. The gift shop is fabulous.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My two-year-old niece, my sister, and I enjoyed our visit to the Butterfly Conservatory. After all that I had heard about it, I was surprised to see that the area with the butterflies was so small. The butterflies and birds inside were beautiful, but there weren't as many varieties as I expected. We just happened to see a couple of turtles hanging out under the bridge over the pond. It was interesting to see the different caterpillars, some of which were actually very ugly, that transform into those beautiful butterflies. It was extremely hot and humid inside, and although we would've like to stay longer, we were too uncomfortable to do so.