“Charming But over rated” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 163 things to do in Key West
Stuart, Florida
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Charming But over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Took my children and paid $15,00 each to get in. Went through in 15 minutes. Kids were not impressed

• Finnish first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Worth seeing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We visited the Butterfly conservatory on a whim after stopping there on the City Trolley tour during our Dec 19, 2012 cruise stop in Key West. (The trolley driver gave us a $2.00 off coupon making the cost of admission only $10 each.) My youngest son (19) wanted to see it, but my oldest son(22) wasn't as keen on it. However since this was a family vacation, everyone decided to go along for the visit. Well, even my oldest son was mesmerized as we opened the door into a butterfly fantasy! I thought I had stepped into Disney movie. Hundreds of multi-colored butterfly were fluttering above our heads. As we wandered along the brick paths among flowering plants and trees, butterflies continued to dazzle us with their dance in flight. One landed on my youngest's head and another on my oldest's back! The conservatory offered numerous photo ops with its luscious tropical foliage as a backdrop. We even saw a butterfly emerge from his chrysalis in the "butterfly nursery". This was definitely the top of the highlight list of Key West attractions. If you are doubtful about liking this, just go and see for yourself. Even my skeptic son loved it! :-)

Okemos, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Such a beautiful tranquil place! Don't try to rush through it. There is activity everywhere you look, and many great photo opportunities.

Visited October 2012
New York, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Butterflies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

It felt like we were in fairy land. There were so many butterflies. The staff was so eager to share their knowledge>

Visited September 2012
Miamisburg, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I wasn't expecting soo many butterflies and beautiful plants. It was well worth the money. I put this off on my last couple of trips to Key West and wish i had gone sooner.

1 Thank DiverB0b