“Just ok.”

Albury Court Hotel in Key West
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here. In general it was ok. A nice hotel, nicely located, nice staff. However, I do think the hotel is extremely too expensive for what it is. Very small rooms and almost zero privacy unless you keep all your curtains closed at all times.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Room was expensive for what it was, but we were there in peak/spring break period so understandable. It was a bit dated and the Queen bed wasn't that big. The staff were great though. Lynn booked our jetskis, gave us tokens for booze and even had a map marked ready for us when we left for dinner. Fantastic team on the front desk make the difference and saved us time and money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked the Inn during spring break so it was a little more expensive than usual but it was a great stay. The room looked like something out of better homes and gardens and were very clean. Having the patio was a treat. I did find the bed a little to hard for my liking but my wife liked it. Also the light out side the room was pretty bright at night. My wife actually unscrewed it the second night so she could sleep. All in all though it was a really nice stay. We will visit again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My fiance and another couple went to Key West for a long weekend and stayed at the Albury Court. I don't plan on staying there again.

Here's a brief rundown:
- Rooms: Hard beds (like SUPER HARD, not firm); small; clean; small bathrooms; no full length mirror in some of the rooms (the first room we had); "FREE WIFI" doesn't work in the rooms located across the street (their comment was to go outside, try to connect and walk back in the room and see if the signal follows you in, it didn't by the way); no desk/tablechair, etc.; overall, the pics online were a bit generous and deceiving; they don't give out conditioner FYI for the ladies that need to know this type of thing, only shampoo; PAPER THIN WALLS, below, above and beside you.

- Breakfast: For a "bed and breakfast" type place, it was anything but. It was worse than a cheap hotel continental breakfast. Nothing hot. Bad coffee, no creamer. Cereals. Bagels sometimes. Occasional fruit. It's outside by the pool, so if it's crappy weather, oh well basically.

- Location: Great! Walking distance to a lot. It is on a busy road though.

- Parking: None, we parked four blocks away.

- Staff: Front desk were helpful, nice, gave BOGO drink cards at local places. Didn't really see any other staff during our stay.

- Pool: A joke. It's the size of a hot tub, in fact that's what we assumed it was. And no, there is no hot tub, if you're wondering.

For the price we paid, I really wasn't happy and don't plan on giving them a second chance. I just really wasn't impressed and I don't think there is much that could change my mind. The website seems a bit deceiving when it comes to it's gorgeous pictures. They have a knack for getting the right angles of their shots I think. Hope this helps!

Room Tip: If you want WIFI or any internet connection at all, stay on the side of road where the main office i...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Christina G, Guest Relations Manager at Albury Court Hotel in Key West, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Sklran,

Thank you for your review. I wanted to let you know that we are not officially, nor unofficially, a B&B at all. Albury Court Hotel does serve a complementary Continental breakfast poolside every morning, just enough to get you started as you head out to explore Key West. No worries, if there happens to be a rainy day, hot coffee and breakfast is served in the lobby.

Our pool is a lovely size and has a romantic waterfall that many guests enjoy to cool off after a long day of sightseeing before they head out on the town for dinner. We are thrilled that you liked our location, our historic buildings and front desk staff. Thank you, again, for writing!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had a great experience, loved the location: walking distance to Duval St and Mallory Square, but not too close, so it was quiet at night. The staff was friendly: Jessica was very helpful. However, your experience may depend on the room: first level rooms facing the street may be a bit noisy. I think my room was in the range 26-29, second floor, a bit in the back, very quiet and nice. I wish the bathroom was bigger though: there was no shelf for toiletries. Also, no wifi reception, but I didn't care since I have cell data.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor are better (for instance, 26-29 are the best, albeit far from the wifi...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mvvik
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Albury Court is modestly priced for the key west area and adequate. The room was clean and functional. The pool is really so small that I wouldn't consider this hotel if you really wanted a pool. The street is very busy - ask for a room that doesn't open to the street if you prefer not to hear the traffic.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

me and my husband took a road trip to key west and stood at this place....i had read that it was a great place and close to everything...so i called to book the room ....spoke a man named adam....specifically asked about location, parking, and about being on the ground level as with arthritis...steps can be difficult.....he assured me the parking was free and right along side the hotel and that they served breakfast and my room would be about 3 steps down overlooking the pool....his words were we could sit on the porch having coffee overlooking the pool.....well surprise surprise....when we get to key west and go to check in a young gentlemen named tyler greets us....and advises us parking is first come first served, but a muncipal parking lot is available for $13 a day....no room was near the pool for us and as a matter of fact we were across the street from the pool.....on the 2nd floor ...i told him that the steps were difficult...so he found a room downstairs for us which reeked of cigarette smoke....he apologized for what adam had told us and said he would speak to his supervisor as to try and get us a discount...he was very nice and said that adam had done this many times and that he personally would speak to him.....the room was small...no closet at all and yes it was clean, but the trek to mallory square had to be close to 3/4 of a mile, but since we had found a parking spot we were afraid to lose it ...so we made the trek...sometimes 2x a day....the breakfast was a joke...nothing was replaced...the guests we met said they would NEVER go back there again....as we checked out I went to speak to the supervisor..she said she would not even consider a discount of any kind, when i listed my complaints...she stood there with a stark stare and was totally not even listening...when i mentioned we had spoke to other guests and they would never return,...she said thats too bad....a total ripoff..3 nights that cost us $780, be aware that there are a lot of hotels and motels...but they scare you into thinking that since its high season you won't get a room....there were plenty of vacancies.....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sparkleina

Dear Sparkleina,

Thank you for your review, I am happy to receive it. It is not true that any of our rooms 'reek of smoke' because we are completely a no smoking hotel and have been so for 15 years. Our buildings are historic and irreplaceable and we consistently enforce our policy.

It is 6, short and enjoyable blocks to Mallory Square. Many guests rent bicycles or golf carts to get around the city and we would have been happy to get these for you as well.

Albury Court Hotel does serve a complementary Continental breakfast poolside every morning, just enough to get you started as you head out to explore Key West. The breakfast items definitely are replaced as needed.

It is also absolutely not true that our Albury Court supervisor would say 'it's too bad' in any conversation with you about your concerns because she pride's herself on excellent customer service. Thank you, again, for writing!