“Great stay during NYE 2012”

Albury Court Hotel in Key West
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Cute, clean, great location. Kaya is the best! She was so helpful and attentive. At our door within minutes!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 10, 2012

We stayed for 8 nights at Albury Court. The entire staff was amazing - everyone made us feel very welcome. Our room was on the office side of Eaton St., street side. We had a small closet and a wine cooler for a refrigerator. The shower was nice and large. The room and grounds were very clean. We enjoyed sitting on the porch on the rare moments we were at the Inn. There was a lot of noise from Eaton Street, but we travel with a fan so most of the time we didn't have trouble sleeping. The only problem we had was the last 2 nights - the people above us were up all night and were very noisy. Paseo's and Old Town Bakery were so close (across the street from each other just one block toward Duval) and the food was delicious at both locations. Most of the time we were somewhere on Duval, but it was nice to have these 2 eateries so close. We recommend Albury Court and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DJ B
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Found this little gem by accident!! Loved staying here! Quiet, clean environment. Friendly staff. Great rates. Will be going back here again!

Room Tip: Loved room 17, A large king suite. Large bathroom. Excellent porch with chairs to relax.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2012

after trying in vain to reach a real person, i left a message trying to book this hotel with the trip advisor "unforgettable romance" package. the gentleman that i spoke to used a lot of avoidance techinques, dates, times, length of stay to get out of this deal. when i asked if i should just get in touch with trip advisor because the coupon didn't seem to be valid, he said i should....we were trying to book 2 rooms for 3 week nights each.....hmmmmm....maybe someone else will take our business...

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colleenbrian
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed at the Merlin Guesthouse in their Queen Deluxe Room for 4 days, 3 nights. I got to the Guesthouse a couple hours prior to check-in and the room was already ready! Very tidy, neat, clean, comfortable, VERY quiet! The room was larger than I expected, perfect for 1-2 people. The front desk was very friendly - I locked myself out of my room about 5 times (the door is automatically set to lock when closed) and they kindly let me back in every time! Everything was perfect during my stay, but just an FYI: 1. let the shower run for about 5 minutes before getting into it (if you want hot water) then it will give you all the hot water you want! And 2. The TV is not very big, but you won't be in the room much, so probably not a problem for you! Clean linen at your disposal, beautiful grounds, heated pool, gazebo, sitting areas, Wi-Fi. It was a very short 1-2 block walk to all the main attractions on Duval St., bars, restaurants and shops. Perfect location for in town. It is a much further walk, though, down by the docks and all the other attractions (Duval is a pretty long strip), but you can get a scooter to travel around! I will be staying here again on my next trip to KW!

Room Tip: It's very quiet all around, I stayed on first floor, which I loved! Not alot of outside noise he...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My family stayed for 4 nights. Our rooms were ready upon our early arrival. Ray, the receptionist, gave us good recommendations to some great restaurants around Old Town. I, being the youngest crew of my family, got some special deals from him. He gave me stacks of coupons to the local bars along Duval St., and constantly made sure that I’m having a good time going out. Ray also arranged our rooms slightly far apart, so my parents won’t have to worry about “the young folks coming home late at night.” Service was excellent.

The rooms are small and cozy, but the staffs put in great effort keeping the rooms clean on the daily basis. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are very clean. Despite being located at Eaton St., one of the busiest streets in Key West, the noise is not a problem.

The continental breakfast is very basic, but it’s enough to keep us happy for the rest of the day.

Location is amazing, just 10 minute walk and you will get to Duval St., or if you prefer, bicycle and scooter rentals are nearby.

Overall, I gave it 4 out of 5. Albury Court is a very clean, pleasant bed & breakfast for those traveling on a budget. Location is a big plus. I didn’t give it 5 out of 5, because sometimes it’s hard to find parking around the area, but it's like any other place around Old Town Key West.

Room Tip: The bed & breakfast is divided by Eaton St., so half of the hotel rooms are located across the s...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Albury Court in Key West. My room was ready when I arrived and I was placed in the Annex across the street. There is no crosswalk so it was sometimes an adventure to cross when it was busy and it is a pretty highly traveled street during the day.

My room was on the lower level at the very end so it was away from the main street. The wall ac unit never turns off when it reaches the desire temp. It just goes into maintain mode and it's pretty noisy. Room was clean and had a refrigerator in the wet bar area. Bathroom updated and comfortable bed and furnishings. No closet to hang anything. Had a couple of wall pegs. My friends room had a wire shelf to hang items from, but his was a slight different set up from mine.

Pool is basically a splash pool for cooling off. Breakfast is served in the pool area. I don't know what they do when it rains since all the tables are outside. They had a nice selection of cereal, yogurt and bagels. The coffee on the otherhand was way too strong for my taste and the feeling was shared by other guests. Go to the Old Town Bakery down the street for coffee and breakfast sandwich and you'll be much happier if you are looking for something a little more substantial. Paseo is a great place for casual lunch or dinner and it located just before the bakery.

Overall I would recommend the Albury Court. The location just can't be beat. About 5 minute stroll to Harbour Walk and if you like the Schooner Wharf Bar then this is the perfect place. Finnegan's Wake is also just a block away if you are looking for a good Irish pub away from the Duval madness.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends