“Excellent day of fishig wtih Capt. Vinny”

Capt. Vinny Sportfishing Key West - Private Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Light Tackle Sportfishing. Charter fishing trips, reef fishing, offshore fishing. Snapper, Grouper,Tarpon, Sharks, Sailfish, Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Swordfish and Marlin.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Captain Vinny was recommended to us by a local captain we had chartered previously. We booked a full day charter on 6/1/14. He found the fish pretty quickly but they did not want to eat. Many of the other captains were on the radio having no luck either. Capt. Vinny worked hard to find fish that would eat and we ended up with an excellent day. We caught so many Mahi that we started throwing them back. At one point when it got slow we went to a deep hole and caught a snowy grouper that we took to Alfonsos Oyster Bar and they blackened it. Excellent! Vinny was willing to work as hard as he could to make it an excellent day. Would definitely recommend his services!

There are newer reviews for Capt. Vinny Sportfishing Key West - Private Charters

Reviewed May 30, 2014

See review by my buddy Bobby D. Wanted to add That we had three people in our group. This can be a problem with Flats fishing. Capt. Vinny was able to accommodate us very easily.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was born, raised & fished my whole life on the Chesapeake Bay in MD. I have done many types of fishing all across the country & even overseas. Capt Vinny came to us with high recommendnations from the locals. Interviewing many other captains, we found Capt Vinny was very honest & sincere about his fishing. In between high winds & cold fronts, we booked a 1/2 day trip on 5/15/14. Capt Vinny is very knowledgeable & experienced about his fishing and we caught several species of fish, including a 7-1/2 - 8' bull shark which was released unharmed. We really enjoyed fishing with Capt Vinny and the next time I visit Key West I will book wih him again - guaranteed! I sincerely look forward to it. Charles C

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Date of 1/2 day trip: 4/21/14. Capt. Vinny provided all fishing gear and was very accommodating to my party of 3. He put is on some big fish; mangrove snapper, black nose & black tip sharks. Capt. Vinny was very knowledgeable about fishing in the Keys and was very entertaining with one funny tale after another. He had us all rolling in laughter but when "fish on", he was all business to make sure we landed our fish and got our photos. Capt. Vinny gave us a great fishing trip and I highly recommend him. You won't be disappointed. In the end, Capt. Vinny filleted & packaged our catch for our motorcycle ride back to our favorite restaurant, Mamma Mangrove on Sugarloaf Key, to cook up our fish. Great Experience and will definitely book with Capt. Vinny again.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Went to Key West with my daughter and her friend and found Captain Vinny by chance. How lucky we were to find such a cool and experienced captain. My daughter caught a 70 lbs amber jack, 25 lbs black grouper, and 3 cobias. Captain Vinny was very knowledgable and was awesome with my 16 year old daughter and her friend. Thank you so much for giving us such a great trip. Paul M. Treasure Island FL

1  Thank Paul M