“Don 't Miss This” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Key West Treasure Chest

Key West Treasure Chest
Ranked #55 of 106 Shopping in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: We have been in the treasure coin and artifact and Antiques business for 30 years. We have for sale a large number of shipwreck coins and artifacts for sale. We also carry custom jewelry. All of our items make a great gift or for a collector to find some great items in our store. All of our stall are very knowledgable about our store and the inventory. We have something for everyone. We also have a Facebook Page. Just lookup Key West Treasure Chest
North Benton, OH
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Don 't Miss This”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is a one of a kind boutique that has tons of very interesting items from Key West ship wrecks. We were lucky enough to meet the owner who was one of the divers on the wreck. She educated us about the origin of the different coins and ships as well as their roles in American History. She helped us select a coin for Father's Day. Grandpa couldn't have been happier. Everything comes with the authenticity documentation and historical information. My husband really liked a coin that was made into a money clip. I just called and purchased that for his birthday next month.
Don't miss a visit to this boutique!

2 Thank jrcc1

Toledo, Ohio
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“BEST value for seekers of treasure coins and jewelery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Key West is the best place to find shipwreck treasure coins and jewelery. From local shipwrecks like the Atocha and San Miguel, to distant artifacts like widow's mites from Israel, it is almost like taking a trip through time browsing their antiquities at the Key West Treasure Chest.

As a local in Key West, I did my homework before I started shopping for my collection of treasure coins and jewelry. Not only are the prices at the Key West Treasure Chest about 20% lower than the other 'tourist' shops, The STAFF at Key West treasure chest do more than just sell gold and silver. They take the time to educate you and share the story behind the coin, where it was found, who found it, and how it was made. They impressed me so much, I eventually became a regular customer, and I always recommend my guests to purchase their coins at the Key West Treasure Chest.
Key West Treasure Chest is a great place to find rare treasure jewelry and coins, and the staff are all highly educated and experienced in shipwreck antiquities and rare treasures. All the other jewelry stores and treasure shops offer the same artifacts, but with higher prices and often less education about what they are selling.

8 Thank KuyaKano
toronto
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“The Best Kind of Souvenirs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2005

If you're looking for a souvenir that truly opitimizes the adventure of the Key's shipwreck history and don't mind something that is a bit on the pricey side, you have to check out the Treasure Chest.

This shop is full of all sorts of treasure that has been recovered from a variety of old, and often historically significant, ships that wrecked off the coast of the Keys. With prices ranging from approx $100 to "anything you've got", this business offers all sorts of pieces, from coins, to jewelry, to an assortment of old trinkets. The pieces are from a number of different time periods, many dating back beyond the 17th century.

Best of all, the history and adventure of the old wrecks is nicely set-out by the proprietors, who are sometimes the same people who dove on the wrecks. If you're lucky enough to speak with some of these people, they'll be happy to chat with you about their own experience, which is quite exhilerating. The stories surrounding some of the wrecks are fascinating.

We ended up getting a 1770 coin from the El Cazador and a pair of silver Spanish coins from the Atocha (that were made into cuff links).

I can't speak for collectors, but, as a layman in such matters, I can say my girlfriend and I truly enjoyed the experience and the shopping.

7 Thank torontotravellers5