“Worth every penny!”

and up
Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip by Catamaran
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the eighth wonder of the world aboard the Yankee Freedom II Dry Tortugas National Park Ferry. Cruise in spacious comfort to Fort Jefferson Dry Tortugas National Park seventy miles southwest of Key West. Our veteran captain and friendly crew will take you to one of the most unique and spectacular national parks in the United States. Your trip includes breakfast, lunch, snorkel gear and guided tour of the largest brick structure in the United States.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I hesitated about making a reservation for this trip because it seemed pricey. My husband wanted to go, so we took a chance. So glad we did! They serve breakfast and lunch and it was a very nice selection for both meals. They provide water throughout the day (maybe other drinks, but I'm not sure). The cost includes snorkeling equipment. You have the option of touring the fort with one of the crew and they did a nice presentation, so worth going with them. A nice little beach to relax with a good book if you don't care to snorkel. Very clean boat with very, very clean restrooms. The crew was very attentive throughout the trip. Hope to take the trip with them again. It was a great day!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was an awesome experience!! You start your day with a beautiful boat ride on a more than accomadating ship and with the most congenial, knowledgeable crew you could ask for! You are transported to a historical island while enjoying a nice breakfast while relaxing inside the a/c or outside in the sunshine of the deck. Once you get to Tortuga you can take a walking tour with a guide who is quite knowledgeable about the forts history, sit on the beach or my favorite go snorkeling to see the beauty of the reefs and a large variety of fish (snorkeling equipment is provided with your tour)-. There is plenty of island space to have a little privacy with the people you came with (not overcrowded with multiple boats of people) I suggest you head to the ship to pick up lunch (also a nice meal with a variety of choices to make everyone happy) and take it back to the beach to eat picnic style. If that's not your thing then the ship still has the a/c running and you can eat inside. The facilities for showering and changing before getting back on the boat are a nice plus. On your way back you can pick up a deck of cards in the gift shop area and play cards while enjoying a drink from the bar. If your lucky like we were you'll get to see a seaplane come and go while you are on the island. Overall an awesome trip!! A MUST DO!!!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I took the Yankee Freedom to the Dry Tortugas in July 2013, while we were in Key West getting married. The trip was so amazing. We saw lots of beautiful fish while snorkeling around the fort. We had a breakfast on the boat ride there and lunch about an hour after we got to the Tortugas. They offer free guided tours around the fort. Also, they have upgraded the boat since I went in 2006. More space to relax on the trip. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Can't wait to take another trip with them!

1  Thank revmohawk
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had a great time when I took this trip in July of this year. I had read some of the reviews about the water and the trip in and out to the fort so I made sure to go on a day when the weather was calm. Boy, was it perfect! The trip out and back was just gorgeous. The food they had prepared was great for it all to be included in the price and the crew was just relaxed and nice. They provided snorkeling gear if you needed it once you got to the fort as well which was nice if you didn't want to bring yours with you. The trip isn't cheap, but I felt you get what you pay for and for a once in a lifetime experience if you have the ability to go do this I would definitely recommend it, for singles and for families. I chose to stay in Key West the night before so that I could make sure I was there on time, which with the early time you had to be at the dock it is definitely the way to go.

Once at the fort I went snorkeling first, then walked the fort, then went back and snorkeled some more till it was time to leave. The visibility was great and the fish and reefs were gorgeous. The history of the fort was fascinating as well. There were no facilities on the fort, except for a small gift shop - but everything you need is on the boat and it is very close to the fort, so convenient to get to.

If I get a chance I will go back and do this again!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My parents, boyfriend, and I took the Yankee Freedom out to the Tortugas in late December when we were in Key West for the holidays. Overall, it was a great experience. The crew members were great, the ship was comfortable (although of course it's not a yacht!). Be prepared for a long day - and if you get seasick I definitely recommend Dramamine (helped me a lot!). They provide basic breakfast (bagels and such) and lunch (sandwiches), if you are a picky eater or have food restrictions I would recommend bringing some snacks of your own.

The island and fort are beautiful - my boyfriend and I went snorkeling, and my parents lounged on the beach (there are two small beaches, one of them has a few trees for shade and we hung out there). If you are in the Keys I would highly recommend this trip!