“Yankee Freedom II Crew Rocks!”
Review of Yankee Freedom III

and up
Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip by Catamaran
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the eighth wonder of the world aboard the Yankee Freedom II Dry Tortugas National Park Ferry. Cruise in spacious comfort to Fort Jefferson Dry Tortugas National Park seventy miles southwest of Key West. Our veteran captain and friendly crew will take you to one of the most unique and spectacular national parks in the United States. Your trip includes breakfast, lunch, snorkel gear and guided tour of the largest brick structure in the United States.
Hartford, Connecticut
“Yankee Freedom II Crew Rocks!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I were so impressed with the professionalism and service provided by the Yankee Freedom II crew during our trip to the Dry Tortugas. The ship is spotless, the food is fresh and good, and everyone was extremely helpful. We camped ... a wonderful experience ... and were also impressed by the attention paid to campers by the captian when the weather posed a potential problem to our leaving the island on our scheduled day. The captain took the time to come to the camp sites to speak with the campers about the weather. All in all our trip on the Yankee Freedom II was the best ferry trip to date ... and we've been on many.

Bethany, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Trip to Ft. Jefferson”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had a wonderful experience on the Yankee Freedom Ferry to Ft. Jefferson. It was a beautiful day. Had great seating. Crew was magnificent. breakfast and lunch was great. The visit to this island is a must when you are visiting Key West, Florida. So much history. The Yankee Freedom crew were very knowledgeable. It is a long day, so be prepared. It took about 9 hours to complete the entire trip. Well worth it.....

El Cajon, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Yankee Freedom historical trip”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a great time on the Yankee Freedom ! We are from San Diego and used to being on the ocean. The crew of the Yankee Freedom is top of the line. They were extremely organized and helpful. The information on the park and what to expect there was excellent. We were lucky to have calm seas and nice weather for snorkeling which made the trip even more enjoyable. The food served on board was well suited for the trip. The snacks and drinks were reasonably priced and the service was good. Going to the Dry Tortugas was the highlight of our trip to the Keys ! Our tour guide Chelsea was excellent !

Brookville, Ohio
“Amazing Group of Professionals on Yankee Freedom”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is our 3rd trip on the Yankee Freedom. My husband and I were impressed with our over all experience each and every time. The upgrade from the Yankee Freedom II to the Yankee Freedom III was amazing, especially the bathrooms! The food was yummy and the beverages cold. The crew was informative and very pleasant. We love camping at the Dry Tortugas and would highly recommend that everyone experience at least one night there. :-)

Saugatuck, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Trip to the Dry Tortugas”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've wanted to go to the Dry Tortugas and Ft. Jefferson for the last five years, but couldn't someone from my family to go with me. This year I decided I was going even if it was by myself. I watched the weather a looked for a calm day at sea and walked down to make my reservation only to be disappointed that the were full. The lady at the ticket booth recommended that I get to the terminal early the next morning (6:30 a.m.) and put my name on stand-by and there was a chance I might get onboard - no promises. So bright and early I headed out and at the terminal by 6:25 a.m. - crew came in, set up and took my name and said they would let me know by 7:50 a.m. (when they could officially let seats go for no-show reservations). The sittting area was clean and crew was extremely pleasant to those folks checking in. I hit the dockside restroom (again extremely clean) about 20 till 8 and to my surprise when I came out they motioned me over - I had secured a seat onboard. The staff was friendly, and even called me darlin' when we were talking - totally made my day! Hopped on the boat and perched myself out on the bow. The ride was smooth, narration interesting and food was good. Our guide at the Ft. Jefferson was well versed and very knowledgeable. Heads (bathrooms) onboard were very clean and completely adequate for being on a boat. The snorkeling equipment was well maintained - put it all on, but I chickened out, as I am not a strong swimmer and don't like swimming without a buddy. The ride back was pleasant (this time top deck facing the sun) and their frozen rum runners hit the spot and are reasonably priced. We got back to the dock right on time, and made it with time to spare to catch sunset at Mallory Square. Same guys who checked me in were working the ticket booth, and stopped by to thank them again for the opportunity to ride with them. It was a great experience, and I am so happy that I finally got to do it!

1 Thank MAS619