“Be sure to check the DJ schedule beforehand!”
Review of Garden of Eden

Garden of Eden
Ranked #17 of 57 Nightlife in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: clothing optional bar
tennesee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Be sure to check the DJ schedule beforehand!”
Reviewed January 10, 2008

DJ Andi Wilson ruined my experience here, if not for the terrible music it would have been a great time.

1 Thank Barney_in_Orlando

South Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A true Key West experience”
Reviewed September 4, 2007

This is one of those places that most people will only see once in their lifetime, so take advantage of it - it makes a great story for the folks back home!

This is a clothing-optional bar - no....not a strip club - the CUSTOMERS are the ones who are nude!

After hiking up the stairs of the Bull (1st floor) and the Whistle (2nd floor) to the 3rd floor rooftop terrace, you are greeted by a large sign warning you that all cell phone use and camera use is strictly prohibited and that any such offending device will be immediately destroyed. This is the only "rule" of the Garden of Eden.

Upon entering, we were greeted by the sight of about 40 people milling around: more then half were clothed (fellow curious tourists like us, I assume), a handful of topless (and one bottomless) women, and about 15 naked (or mostly naked) men. So, it was basically like any nude beach in America - men hoping to see naked women (or other naked men), and gawking spectators.

There is a full bar and a DJ booth, as well as a body painting area. Most of the topless women had their breasts painted, so they were not quite so exposed. The atmosphere was friendly and not too sexual, surprisingly.

We only stayed for a drink or two and then decided to bar-hop to the other places on Duval Street, but I am glad that we at least checked it out. It's one of those things that makes you shake your head and say, "Wow...only in Key West!"

8 Thank flipflopdiva
Sarasota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Quite Fun”
Reviewed July 18, 2007

I stumbled on this place as a result of a scavenger hunt (Key West Hunt-Fun for groups) and was surprised to see a nude bar in the US. It was an eclectic collection of couples, singles (men & women) and very low threat. Many of the couples I met were "swingers" but no one was offensive and I had a great time. I will close by saying that once I realized that these were people I would never see again, I found out what it felt like bare it all--Its worth the trip.

6 Thank kentsjolund
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“You have to visit it to believe it!!”
Reviewed January 29, 2007

You have to visit this clothing optional bar to believe it. If you are in a sensual mood, you will find it erotic and amusing. If, on the other hand, you are offended by public nudity and open displays of affection (including occasional fondling and nude dirty dancing) between consenting adults, some of whom actually know each other’s name, this is not your kind of place. Within minutes of our arrival, a naked man asked my wife to dance. She, fully dressed, politely declined. He asked other women -- some were completely clothed and some were not -- and several accepted. Later, at the bar, a handsome black man with a body-builder’s physique asked my wife if she was alone. She pointed at me, a man with the body shape of a baked potato. “I’m with him.” Mr. Big introduced himself and graciously bought us both a glass of wine. He moved to the dance floor where he quickly formed a close friendship with a mini-skirted blonde who, it was soon revealed, was quite affectionate and wore no underwear. Customers’ ages ranged from 20+ to 60+ with most being in their 30s and 40s. My wife and I are 50+.

19 Thank Coloradoguy46
laurinburg
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“remember you are on vacation”
Reviewed July 16, 2005

Are you looking for a high energy bar then look no further then the Garden of Eden. Remember you are in key west and this place is SO DIFFERENT from most bars. You need to go after 10PM and if you do you will experience a unique bar scene. The Garden of Eden is located at the corner of Caroline and Duvall above the Bull and Whistle. This clothing optional bar will surprise you. It does attract the gay crowd but hetrosexuals particpate on an equal basis. It is not a pick up bar but a place where couples bare it all. Remember Key West doesn't start partying until after 11PM. They do not allow cameras but the memories should last a life time.

44 Thank uncp