“Lots of history, uncomfortable seats”

Old Town Trolley Tours Key West
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Key West Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
Ranked #74 of 297 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Don’t just visit Key West, relive it aboard Old Town Trolley Tours. Discover the island that charmed Ernest Hemingway, Harry Truman and Jimmy Buffet. The fully narrated, 90-minute tour covers over 400 years of history and over 100 points of interest. With 12 stops conveniently located, guests can enjoy shopping, dining, attractions and exploring on their own. Trolleys come by each stop every 30 minutes. Old Town Trolley Tours has a 100% money back guarantee.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We usually enjoy doing trolley tours as overviews of new spots. This one was not as fun as most, and I credit that to the seats. They are so close to the seats in front of you that my knees pressed against the back of the next seat up, and I'm 5'3". My husband is 6'2" and he was miserable. That said, the guides were informative and interesting. We had two guides, as we hopped off at one stop, and the second one was hilarious-- too bad I don't remember his name.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,084)
All reviews
"informative tour"
"southernmost point"
in 54 reviews

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Lots of stops-- free on & off or stay on the whole tour. At the last stop you have to get off, wait about 10 minutes and then get on another trolley in order to go full circle. Driver was very informative. Great way to see city. You get the next day free.

1  Thank FlyGirlWhoCruises
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our family vacation in Key West included two seniors, three adult children, spouses and two children a girl 7 and boy of 10 years old. The concierge at our hotel set us up for a private trolley tour with Old Town Trolley Tours. We had a four hour tour of Key West and Stock Island with a stop for lunch at The Hogfish .... a favorite restaurant on Stock Island. We had a great experience in a neat "Trolley" vehicle. Captain Heather was outstanding showing us all of the Key West and Stock Island areas with a fun narrative. The Hogfish lunch was delicious and Heather stayed right with us, to move on when we were ready. She was so caring toward our family and everyone's needs ..... she is a very special person :)

2  Thank Peter P
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We visited KW for a week in June, 2014. After speaking to many people who have visited, we took advice & rode the trolley to get a feel for the area & the stops along the way. We noted what we wanted to visit / eat & chose the stops accordingly. It worked out great. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank luv2bamom3
See more reviews
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was in Key West on a 38 night cruise from LA on the Norwegian Star, and I was really looking forward to Key West because it’s the home of singer Jimmy Buffett and Key Lime pie – not necessarily in that order!

I had no idea what to expect of Key West and was blown away by seeing the town from the pool deck of the Star – the whole town was laid out for me to see. The cruise terminal is right in the middle of the down town area – quite amazing that such large ships can come so close to the island. It was 30 deg Celsius when we went ashore but there was a nice sea breeze blowing.

My research showed me one of the best ways to see the town was on the hop on hop off Old Town Trolley bus and we found it easily in Mallory Square a 5 minute stroll from the ship. The drivers narrate the tour as you proceed along the route passing the Lighthouse Museum, the Audubon House and various resorts on the southernmost part of the island. The complete tour takes about 1 ½ hours. At the southern end of the island near the airport is the West Martello Fort that is reportedly haunted. You can also do evening haunted tours if you’re staying there.
Trumans’ Little White House where various US Presidents have stayed is a beautiful area near Mallory Square – the house is open to the public but I didn’t go inside as time did not permit me to. Nearby is Kelly’s Caribbean Grill and Brewery owned by Kelly McGillis of “Top Gun” fame, which has a lovely outdoor area with live music. Not far away in Duval Street is Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville.

Key West is all about food – the smell of seafood cooking permeates the air. I had a seafood plate including conch fritters at the Conch Shack in Mallory Square and they were magnificent. For a brilliant Key Lime pie head to Key West Lime Shoppe at 200 Elizabeth Street – I think it was near stop 2, but just ask the driver. There’s also free wifi here.

My last stop before heading back to the ship was to find Kino Sandals in Fitzpatrick Street. It’s tucked away in the corner of a little square but there’s a big sign outside. They make the sandals there and they’re all leather and most are under $20. The question is, just how many pairs do you buy? The answer when you have a long international flight with limited baggage afterwards, is not many!! There is a website and they’ll mail them to you.

I would have loved to spend longer there and wished if only I lived closer than Australia!

2  Thank Margaret J