“Great way to Island Hop at Stops!”

Old Town Trolley Tours Key West
Book In Advance
More Info
$31.45*
and up
Key West Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
Ranked #37 of 295 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Don’t just visit Key West, relive it aboard Old Town Trolley Tours. Discover the island that charmed Ernest Hemingway, Harry Truman and Jimmy Buffet. The fully narrated, 90-minute tour covers over 400 years of history and over 100 points of interest. With 12 stops conveniently located, guests can enjoy shopping, dining, attractions and exploring on their own. Trolleys come by each stop every 30 minutes. Old Town Trolley Tours has a 100% money back guarantee.
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I love how we could park our car at the resort and just take the bus all over the island without having to look for parking or pay for parking lots. We have a large car (big family). But, even if your sporting the newest hybrid mini car you will have trouble finding street parking by late noon.

Now with that said, each time we went on the bus we had a new driver and new experience. I say that we did the whole tour of the island but it was with three guides.

The first guide was very strict no talking, he however seemed most on the ball and detailed in his stories. He was older grey haired and I forget names so easy.

The second was a younger guy who was very funny and had a good ballance of fun and history, A blond guy who looked like a surfer from California!

The third guy was talking to other people on the bus about his personal life up front driving as fast as he could to get over the day. He spat out a few things about where we were passing. But, no details compared to the first driver.

I say if you want a great tour take this one around the island with a guide who suits you. I suggest an early tour, as with most places I have been the first tours are the best. They are less tired and refreshed!

The only down side to taking the bus around the island. NOT ENOUGH STOPS! I saw so much I wanted to go back or just yell STOP! and you can not..

**TIPS**

Planning on doing the full tour around the island. Go early and hope for a refreshed excellent guide!

You CAN buy tickets online, and save money! (my printer cable was missing so I said blah blah and went and paid, would of saved 8 bucks!)

BRING WATER! DRINKS (no booze)! you can not get off and if you do you will have to bake in the sun for another bus. So, if you plan to stay on the bus have your belly full and be hydrated the tour in full is very long.

Last of all know where to get off and on. I suggest you take the map the night before (all stops and hotels have them) mark which tour stops you are going to need to use to see what you want and clock it to the time the bus does its last round!

CON= I wish the bus ran till 11 pm or so, I would of liked to have transport being my hotel was far from down town.

10  Thank K T
Write a ReviewReviews (2,064)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"southernmost point"
in 53 reviews

Reviewed June 26, 2008

The trolley is a bit pricey - $29 per person, but it is worth it. First of all, you will learn a lot about Key West, including the history and where things are. Second, you can get off and on as many times as you want - another trolley comes every 30 minutes. So, the trolley saved us a lot of walking - we were able to see the Hemingway House and Southernmost point without having to worry about parking or walking a long distance. I suggest picking a day to be your trolley day - get the map that tells you what is at each stop (some are just resorts) and decide which things you will get off to see. Depending on how many times you get on and off, this can take you half the day (like it did for us) or all day.

8  Thank forhym216
Reviewed April 9, 2008

On our first night a waitress suggested we should do this before anything else. I'm glad we did as it gives you a good idea of the area and where everything is. The guide also gives you lots of useful information. Once you have done this tour you then know where everything is and can look around on your own.

5  Thank llamacalmer
Reviewed March 22, 2008

This is a good way to get a feel for Key West as well as learn some interesting history. We felt that this tour was a better value than the Conch Tour Train because you can get off the trolley and board again throughout the day as many times as you would like. The only thing that was a bit corny was the brief recorded impersonations of famous actors at the beginning of some segments of the tour; it seemed out of character for an otherwise professional operation.

6  Thank Ted_and_Laura
See more reviews
Reviewed February 18, 2008

We were in Key West via a cruise ship for about 10 hours on February 11, 2007 and took a trolley tour which we booked ourselves rather than the tour offered by the ship which was much more expensive and did not allow the option of getting on and off the trolley. We rode three different trolleys. On the first one we went the complete distance with an outstanding driver/guide. He was not only entertaining and courteous to his passengers but also extended his courtesy to people who were waiting to board at various stops but weren't able to because the was no room on the trolley. He would radio in and tell the dispatcher that so many people were waiting at such and such stop and then would tell the people waiting how long it would be before another trolley would be coming along. It proved to me that this company looks out for their customers all the way and are not just in business to collect fares. We took a second trolley from Mallory Square to a stop where we wanted to have a closer look at some things and then walked to yet another stop and caught another trolley back to Mallory Square. The drivers on both of those trolleys were as informative and as courteous as the first.
I would recommend this tour to anyone going to Key West and I would not hesitate to use this for a tour in any of the other cities that they operate.

14  Thank Tom_Trailman