“Worth every penny”

and up
Key West Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
Ranked #33 of 283 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Don’t just visit Key West, relive it aboard Old Town Trolley Tours. Discover the island that charmed Ernest Hemingway, Harry Truman and Jimmy Buffet. The fully narrated, 90-minute tour covers over 400 years of history and over 100 points of interest. With 12 stops conveniently located, guests can enjoy shopping, dining, attractions and exploring on their own. Trolleys come by each stop every 30 minutes. Old Town Trolley Tours has a 100% money back guarantee.
Elgin, SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

We were in Key West via a cruise ship for about 10 hours on February 11, 2007 and took a trolley tour which we booked ourselves rather than the tour offered by the ship which was much more expensive and did not allow the option of getting on and off the trolley. We rode three different trolleys. On the first one we went the complete distance with an outstanding driver/guide. He was not only entertaining and courteous to his passengers but also extended his courtesy to people who were waiting to board at various stops but weren't able to because the was no room on the trolley. He would radio in and tell the dispatcher that so many people were waiting at such and such stop and then would tell the people waiting how long it would be before another trolley would be coming along. It proved to me that this company looks out for their customers all the way and are not just in business to collect fares. We took a second trolley from Mallory Square to a stop where we wanted to have a closer look at some things and then walked to yet another stop and caught another trolley back to Mallory Square. The drivers on both of those trolleys were as informative and as courteous as the first.
I would recommend this tour to anyone going to Key West and I would not hesitate to use this for a tour in any of the other cities that they operate.

14 Thank Tom_Trailman

Athens, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Best way to see the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2008

After reading the only other review of Old Town Trolley Tours I felt I should share my own experience. We went on the tour last July.
There were cruise ships in town at the time so the ticket booth was very busy. The worker at the booth took the time to explain the various packages and helped me select the one that was right for my family.

We had 3 different drivers who were all wonderful in their own way. We got on and off at several stops around the island but never had to wait long for the next trolley to come along.

I noticed that the drivers use a color code to explain various traffic situations to the main office. This helps the office to know that they need to add trolleys or that an alternative route will be used.
I think that is what the above reviewer heard and misunderstood.
The employees of Old Town Trolley are a happy bunch who all seem to love their jobs which probably explains the laughter she heard.

21 Thank ecsmom
Nottingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Jet Skiing, Key West beware!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2007

I have just arrived home from a great trip to Key West, FL, but feel obliged to tell you all, at all costs avoid the jet skiing which can be found at 0 Duval Street, (Old Town Tours).

The jet skiing was fun and fast, however be warned that you may be conned in to paying for damages that you have not caused. My party of four were accused of having a collision that DEFINITELY DID NOT OCCUR. We obviously refuted the claim, however the staff were rude and ignorant, basically accusing us of lying, although they have no proof of a collision and who may have been involved. They charged $200 to a credit card of one of my party, and not even the credit card of the person riding the specific ski they found fault with. This was after telling us, one of us should 'FESS UP'. We only found out who rode that ski when later looking at photos and camera footage. There was also no communication in relation to how much would be charged. We had to challenge them for that information.

The fault, apparently, was a very small patch of flakey paint above the thick rubber bumper at a rear corner. NO SCUFF MARKS, NO DENTS AND NO CRACKS, and NO damage to any other ski. The damage could not have been caused by a collision, it was nothing more than wear and tear. This was exacerbated by the staff who began picking at it and who also rode the skis very fast themselves around the small docking area in order to dock them once we had handed them over.

There are plenty of other jet skiing locations, I suggest you try one of them.

6 Thank KANEY1979