“Great trip(s)”
Review of Key West Seaplanes

Key West Seaplanes
Ranked #172 of 291 Tours in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Key West Seaplanes offers exclusive private seaplane and airplane charter services direct to destinations such as Key West, Little Palm Island, Watson Island Seaplane Base, Miami/Ft Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa, Naples, Islamorada, Marathon, Hawks Cay, Cheeca Lodge, all Bahamas and all Caribbean islandsand Beyond. Our seaplanes land on water as well as on land! We also offer half/full day private island seaplane adventures that include lunch, beverages and gear! Local Tours and custom tours start at just 30 and 50 minutes. Key West Seaplanes offers flights in our seaplanes as well as non-seaplane options. We have 30 years of local flight experience. Come Fly With Us!
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Nikali flew me from Little Palm Island to Key West. I'm a pilot, but not seaplane rated, so he walked me thru everything as he was executing. My wife had the same trip booked the next day and the plane was in-service. He picked her up and helicopter and flew from Little Palm to Key West.

Fantastic trips and great friendly service! And a great way to travel in the keys.

Key-West-Seaplanes, Owner at Key West Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

We are so happy to have met you and really enjoyed your flights. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your great experiences! Nikali enjoyed explaining "the ropes" of seaplane flying to you during your seaplane flight and hopes that you will get your seaplane rating one day very soon! We are also thrilled to know your wife had a wonderful and very enjoyable flight. We truly appreciate your timeliness and excitement for your flights as well. We have been flying the Keys for 30 years combined and always love showing off the area and what we do to all of our visitors and passengers. We are very much looking forward to your next flights with us! Thank you again, Julie and Nikali

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I bought my husband a seaplane flight for his 50th birthday, and it could not have been better! Smooth takeoff and landing, and takeoff and landing, and takeoff and landing! Yep, two water touchdowns - one a graze and the other an actual stop. So thrilling, especially after the beautiful tour of the island and surrounding Keys. We were given an amazing tour from four to 500 feet up - viewing dolphins, sharks, rays, turtles and all kinds of other sea life that I couldn't name. And our pilot Nicolai was very friendly, informative and skilled at his job. I'm not a good flyer and I was completely comfortable and totally at ease the entire time. Julie, who I dealt with on the phone several times, was just as accommodating and helpful as she could be, especially since we had to reschedule because of weather. Something I'm very thankful for because she knew how important this trip was for me and my husband.
We would recommend this excursion to everyone!!!
What a fantastic day!!!!!

1  Thank Debbie F
Key-West-Seaplanes, Owner at Key West Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

It was wonderful meeting you and we are so happy to know you enjoyed it so much! We always keep in mind how amazing the seaplane flights are and love to share it with everyone! So glad to know your husband had a magnificent 50th birthday flight! He sure is lucky to have a wife who would gift him such an amazing day! We look forward to his 51st birthday! Maybe a trip via private seaplane over to Little Palm Island next year! Just let us know....Thank you, Julie and Nikali

Reviewed October 6, 2012

So we wanted to fly down to the Keys from Miami because we were feeling idle and couldn't be bothered to drive. Happily KW Seaplanes have an arrangement with the old seaplane base just behind South Beach to take off on the water and fly down to the Keys. It was all set, we were on! And then the hurricane hit! The wind raged the sea foamed the palms were blown horizontal. The plane.... was cancelled! Agh!

We ignored all the advice and drove anyway and as we reached Marathon the weather cleared and it was 90 degrees. Day four of our vacation we called our friends at KW Seaplanes and asked if they had a plane available that morning for a private tour of the islands. We were in the air within the hour flying low over some of the most remarkable scenery of the Key coast.

Manta rays, sharks, turtles, islands, shipwrecks, golden beaches and blue blue sea sparkled below us as our pilot gave us a wonderful tour of the lower keys. Magical! Nikali our pilot simply couldn't do enough. He swooped low over some of the most beautiful coastal scenery in the world delivering a well-informed narrative of the local wildlife, history and characters who lived on the lower keys. He was marvellously full of local gossip with interesting observations on the people who have made their lives in this far flung corner of the world. And Julie who made the original booking for our cancelled flight could not have been more enthusiastic and welcoming in her preparations.

A perfect operation manned by two wonderful people who deserve all the success in the world!

2  Thank Boywithkite
Key-West-Seaplanes, Owner at Key West Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your kind words! We really enjoyed working with you, meeting you and flying you! It's too bad that a Tropical Storm grounded every single airplane in South Florida for your trip down to Key West from Watson Island Seaplane Base/Miami's South Beach! BUT we are so happy we were able to show-off the magnificent Florida Keys with one of our seaplane sightseeing flights after you got down here and the weather improved drastically! It sounds as if you loved the flying as much as we did! Now you see why we have been flying here in excess of 30 years combined....it's Paradise! We look forward to your next trip and really look forward to flying you again! Thank you! Julie and Nikali

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Ok so here it is, we were looking for something different for our wedding, we looked everywhere and settled on going to Key West, then we searched the Internet for places and facilities, sent out dozens of emails and called places as well, slow responses and generic sales pitches were the norm it seemed. also getting married on a beach at Smathers or a 2 hour boat trip just seemed blah and looked like everyone did it. Then a Google search turned up this seaplane thing that looked cool. I sent 2 emails to the 2 seaplane services on Key West and immediately got an email reply from someone named Nikali. Now I have to say ole Nikali was a breath of fresh air, sappy I know to say but after talking to him we suddenly had renewed hope as he was incredibly nice and professional. I felt as if I was talking to an old friend. So I told Nikali our idea and what we needed, he immediately turned me over to Julie. Now just so everyone knows, we could not have pulled this off without Julie, we had no idea where to get a cake, flowers, best places to stay or anything. Julie while talking on the phone recommended places for us and had answers to every question, and I mean she took the time to answer every one of my questions. Again she put at ease all concerns that we had. Right down to who to talk to at he courthouse, very nice people there as well. So we fly into Key West and gather all the items for he wedding the next morning. We show up and both Julie and Nikali great us with smiles and hugs, again like old friends. We board a very cool yellow seaplane with both Julie and Nikali and take off, the flight was amazing, I mean amazing and he banter and conversation with Nikali, Julie myself and Kimbo was fantastic. So we land near this small island, taxi up and get out and walk to shore, maybe 20 yards in very shallow water, Nikali takes out all the items and sets up a very nice site on the beach with food, wine and just a real nice picnic type setup, even unpacking the cake in perfect condition. Nikali went the extra mile to do this. And yes Nikali if your reading this thanks again. So Julie comes up and precedes with he wedding and vows, she was awesome to say he least. We exchange vows and kiss, Kimbo and I that is. They then head back to the very cool seaplane sitting just offshore and leave us alone to enjoy the food, island and fantastic view. We had a blast, so after time passes we decide its time to head back, the seaplane is packed up and Julie takes more pictures, yes she helped out and took a tone of pictures for us. We load up and take off and fly around looking at all sorts of things, it is an amazing ride and the best way to see everything while also getting the history from both Nikali and Julie. So the the whole wedding thing was great with them, it was perfect and something we will remember forever, and yes our friends all loved he pictures. So that's the deal, yes I know the cost may seem up there but when we looked at he cost of getting married at say Smathers Beach or taking a boat trip out to the Dry Tortugas the cost was about the same, and did I mention of all he people and facilities we contacted only Julie and Nikali made us feel at ease. So if your looking for a very cool experience for a wedding then contact them, they are second to none and provide an incredible and memorable experience. And yes if your new bride leaves her shoes in the very cool seaplane they will do what ever it takes to return them. Nikali and Julie, again thank you for all you did, we very much appreciate it.

3  Thank Brent M
Key-West-Seaplanes, Owner at Key West Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

The two of you are magnificent as a couple are we are thrilled you chose to spend your wedding day with us! We are so happy to know that you loved every minute of it! Thank you for all of your kind words and we will be looking forward to celebrating an anniversary with you one day! Good Luck and Congratulations! Julie and Niklai

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Used the seaplane for round trip between Fort Lauderdale Airport and Little Palm Island. The entire experience was outstanding...timely pickup, polite and competent pilot who combined scenic "guided tour" with expedtious trip. Very smooth take offs and landings and skirted some storm clouds.

Key-West-Seaplanes, Owner at Key West Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

We enjoyed flying you and meeting you both. It's obvious you are both world travelers and love new experiences! So glad you enjoyed your private seaplane flights to and from Little Palm Island. We look forward to flying you again! Thank you for flying with us, Julie and Nikali, Key West Seaplanes