“The new Off the Hook is just as good as the old”

Off the Hook Grill Key West
Ranked #15 of 499 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Greek, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Full Bar Restaurant with 2 Happy Hours 4pm-6pm & 9:30pm-11:30pm everyday, featuring fresh seafood, gourmet pizzas, burgers and more! We have 2 bars, outdoor seating, restaurant seating, and sports pub seating! We have MLB extra innings, NFL Ticket, Soccer Games, etc. In the pub we have board games available to take to your table and Corn Hole outside! The Chef is one of the owners and truly makes each dish with LOVE!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were quite disappointed when we found out Deuce's closed its doors last year. However, when we heard it was reopening in time for our return trip this April we wanted to make sure we checked out the new location. It is located on Caroline St. and in a lot larger location. Off the Hook now has two bars. The one towards the back is their sports bar so that is where we sat. If you want to sit at the bar reservations are not necessary. We were there just after 6pm so it was quiet. For an appetizer I had their tuna poke and my husband had their shrimp deviled eggs. Our dinner choices were mahi mahi fish tacos for myself and gnocchi for my husband. Everything came out in a timely manner and the flavors were just like the old Off the Hook. You would have never known that it was a different restaurant besides the size of the place. If you loved the old Deuce's and/or always wanted to try dining here, definitely stop in.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,250)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Turned away last year because without a reservation they would not accommodate the 2 of us. Ok, I get it reservations required. There are a number of courteous ways to deliver this info... You chose the arrogant way...This year we got the the new location. It was late, we were told we could only order from a much shortened "late night menu" at 9:30. Which contained a cheese pizza... When I asked if there was any way we could add a topping the response was simply... No. Apparently the other patrons (about 6... Which should have been an indication) got there early. We chose to eat at one of the many other wonderful eateries in Key West.

2  Thank 800rickm
MWL23, Owner at Off the Hook Grill Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

LOL. AS YOU WROTE...IT WAS LATE. Late Night menu does not have pizza on it. Our pizza oven turns off at 9pm. You couldn't get a topping because we don't do pizza after 9pm. As of Monday 4/29 we will have more options on the Late Night Happy Hour Menu. Glad you had a nice meal elsewhere. And by the reviews on Tripadvisor we are one of the many wonderful restaurants in Key West.

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

We stopped by for lunch after our snorkeling trip and we are glad we did. The food was excellent. We had the fish tacos and they were some of the best. The staff was so friendly and helpful. This place is an easy walk from the harbor and Duval Street last many great shops. A must try!!

Reviewed April 17, 2019

I was disappointed on my previous trip to see that Off the Hook, one of my favorite (and hard to get a table or seat at the bar) places had closed its cosy space on Simonton Street. It's now reopened down near Key West Bight where the Dry Tortugas Ferry leaves from. You wouldn't call it cosy anymore -- the old restaurant could fit in the backroom bar of the new one -- but it's still an attractive place to eat and the upside is a much bigger front room bar and a small one in back, making it far easier to just be a walk-in. (In fact, a sign in front says it's seat-yourself for the bar which at the smaller place pretty much required reservations). It also has a small outside patio.

I had the stone crab claws as I always did in the former location and the Little Neck Charcuterie appetizer which was clams steamed with specks of alto aldige (an Italian ham/bacon), capocollo, green olivees, tomatoes, garlic, shaved parmesan and white wine. Left me no room for their personal size pizza, which I always liked. The bartender says the new location has the same cook and staff as before. I rated the price mid-range but it can be pricey depending on what you get.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

We stumbled across this restaurant while we were waiting to go on the Historic Boat Cruise. We were looking for a snack to hold us over until dinner. My husband had the Seafood Deviled Eggs and I had the Tropical Coconut Chicken Tenders. We loved it so much that we stopped there again on the day that we were leaving - perfect location by the Key West Express Terminal. Looking forward to going back and trying dinner.