“Worth the Wait-Seafood Risotto, Gnocchi Lobster Mac & Cheese”

Deuce's Off the Hook Grill
Ranked #6 of 447 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Greek, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We didn't have a reservation and the wait was over an hour, so we put our name on the list and they called us when the table was open. Super nice gesture! The service was exceptional as was every dish that we tried. We had the drunken clam appetizer and the wild-caught scallop ceviche. Lick-the-bowl good! For dinner, I had the seafood risotto which was on the 'Specials' board ($38). Companion had Gnocchi Lobster Mac & Cheese ($19). They even have a kids' menu - my son had a hot dog. Prices are good (sans the specials but I should have asked). The shrimp and grits looked amazing - I'll get that next time ($21). They don't have their beer and wine license yet so they offered up free glasses of vino - that was another plus. This place only had 8 tables and 7 seats at the bar - but it's worth the wait.

There are newer reviews for Deuce's Off the Hook Grill

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had a delicious turkey dinner complete with a yummy cranberry sauce and my husband enjoyed the tuna which was cooked as he likes it. The atmosphere is intimate and the service is very attentive. Reservations are necessary if you want to be sure to get in. The food is interesting and delicious as well as reasonably priced. A must in Key West..

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I ate here on my birthday with a couple of buddies. We did not make reservations as we didn't realize how small the restaurant was (or how popular it would be). Luckily, they had a couple spots at the bar. We sat down and talked with the owner and a couple of the others who worked there. Super down to earth and very friendly. The owner has a lot of experience in key west, he is not a newcomer to the island. He knows how to properly run a restaurant even in the start up phases. I don't know if they have their liquor license yet, but they had complimentary beer and wine because they had not gotten it yet. This was great. We tipped extra well because the beer was free. The food was AMAZING. Extremely unique. We got the seafood bisque, fish dip, peanut butter and jelly wings (weird to think but so good!), and the crazy asian pizza (which had crab rangoon on it). Everything was to die for. This is my new favorite place in key west. Tucked away on mid simonton street, it's a nice place to go that's not downtown in all the mess. Also- very well priced. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had lunch here on Thur 1/16/14. Man what a nice little place. Great food, super service, everyone smiling and happy to see you. Damn it was nice! Just like the old days when service mattered. Do yourself a favor and check this place out and take friends, they will think you are a genius :)
The fish tacos were the best I have ever eaten!

1  Thank Gamecocks2013
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our taxi driver recommended this new restaurant. It is one street off of Duval and worth walking the extra few steps. We ate there for dinner and was pleasantly surprised at the friendly service and quaint( Soho-like) atmosphere. We have been going to Key West for years and usually receive less than friendly service. We always order key lime pie where ever we go and this was the best yet(Mango Key lime Pie) . We loved the Jamaican jerk chicken and Spanikopita so much we decided to go there for breakfast the next day. The pancakes with fresh fruit were the best pancakes ever. I also loved the gourmet Egg and cheese sandwich served with goat cheese, arugula, prosciutto, eggs and tomatoes which I ordered on rye bread. We were offered a complimentary mimosa or bloody Mary. The out of the ordinary choices are a refreshing change and the chef and co-owner Patricia knows her food. The prices are reasonable, service friendly and food awesome. Definitely a must when you go to Key West .The only downfall was that we had to wait for a table over half an hour.( for dinner). I would recommend making reservations since the place is small.