“Recommended for scooters”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Recommended for scooters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We rented two scooters from Pirate Rentals. We used the van service to get to and from the rental site. Everyone we dealt with was pleasant and helpful. They were very patient with instructing me (first time rider) on how to operate the scooter and suggested a nearby location where I could practice. While these weren't the newest scooters in town they ran perfectly. I was a little nervous about renting scooters after reading complaints about being wrongly charged for damages but we had no problems at all. Highly recommend this company. Scooters are a great way to get around Key West.

Visited March 2014

Fayetteville
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“AVOID THESE GUYS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

DO NOT RENT FROM THESE GUYS... The reviews below confirm my review.. They charge you, plus put a hold on extra money that takes over a week to get rid of. They refuse to assist with the hold, and the stuff the rent is JUNK... GO ELSE WHERE!!!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank trvlingurl
Pittsburgh, PA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun, reasonable way to see Key West!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

My son and I rented scooters from Pirate Rentals and couldn't have been happier. I was a little shy as I had never ridden a scooter before. However the former police officer that waited on us couldn't have been more assuring and gentle with the mini training session on scooter operation! The price was very, very reasonable! So enjoyable...there are other renters out there...with terrible reviews! These guys are the best and they can pick you up at your location as well!

Visited February 2014
Cape Coral, Florida, USA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Most accommodating ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Renting annually for the fifth year from this business. The same guys year after year are still there. They have electric cars , scooters and more and are always thoughtful. Always on time with hotel pickup. Even understanding if you are a little late bringing it back if you've had it over 24 hrs. Not that I encourage lateness...
The pick up van is clean, the guys are polite, and convenience if parking your rental for free right across from the green parrot anytime during your stay makes them the best rental in Key West.

Plain City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dead Battery & Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We rented a 4 person electric car from Pirate Rentals on 12-28-13. Within the first half hour of the rental the battery died and we were stranded. I had to call them to deliver another unit. The guy never apologized for the inconvenience. We basically lost about 30 minutes of our rental time. Then to compound the problem the replacement car only had a half powered battery, so we had to return it a bit early so we didnt run out of power again. I asked if they could refund some of my money, but they refused. Very poor customer service!! Do yourself a favor when considering scooter rentals in Key West and check around with other companies since there are a ton of them to choose from. I would NOT recommend Pirate Rentals!!!

2 Thank Lou G