“Authentic Cuban”

Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was looking for something different for our anniversary, and this was a good choice! Fun decor, great waitstaff, authentic Cuban food, and really good guava bread pudding!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,680)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went here thinking it was the other Pepe's in KW. Big mistake. Tasteless food for high prices. Don't waste your money.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is delicious! They know how to make the BEST plantain chips, and the fried cheese----OMG! Service is great, cuban chickens running around are aplenty (;)), and they give you so much food, you pretty much waddle home!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was going to be our last night in Key West and I was looking for a place that was completely different from what I can get in Orlando. I found it here at El Meson De Pepe's. I called and made reservations which is a really good idea if you don't want to wait to long but this is right next to Malory square and there is plenty to do while you wait. We went in through the back of the place where there is a nice place to buy souvenirs and then you enter though a very colorful Disney type wooden village with scenes you might see in Cuba. We were seated and ordered drinks. If you like margaritas make sure you get one here, they are very good. My wife had an appetizer of black bean soup which she ended up sharing half of it with me because I could not stop stealing it from her. We also had the Guacamole which we have had better. I had the oxtail just because I had never had oxtail. It was like eating pot roast, tender, moist and very flavorful. My wife had Pollo Plancha that she ate every bite. The plantains were absolutely a don't miss. No room for desert though so we made reservation for a few hours later at "Better than sex", which will be on another review.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We always get Mojito's from El Meson de Pepe when we are in Key West. One of the best Mojito's you will have. A little pricey but worth it.