“Don't miss this one!”

Santiago's Bodega
Ranked #7 of 451 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Petronia and Emma
Description: Santiago"s Bodega (305) 296-7691 • 207 Petronia Street – www.santiagosbodega.com - A wonderful assortment of over thirty small plates await you at this tapas-style eatery. Accentuating the well seasoned combination of dishes, Santiago's also has great soups, salads, and a remarkable wine list to compliment. Santiago's Bodega is a unique restaurant located in the heart of Bahama Village, off the beaten path and away from the tumultuous crowds. Santiago's serves lunch and dinner all year, seven days a week. Open 11am-10pm daily.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We are so happy we took the advice of our innkeepers and fellow guests at the Mermaid and Alligator and visited Santiago's Bodega! We went on a Friday night so it was crowded, however the hostess was lovely and under promised (30-45 minute wait) and overdelivered (15 minutes we had a cute high top on the porch). I had the white sangria which was very refreshing, and my husband and I shared the cheese plate, short ribs, sirloin, and bacon-wrapped basil mushrooms. The plates were very large for tapas and we could not eat it all, but tried hard! Our vote on best dish went to the short rib- OUTSTANDING with layers of flavor. My only semi-complaint was that our dishes came out almost all simultaneously and our table was small so difficult to accommodate. However, our server was very sweet and we understand restaurants have to turn over tables.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,426)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Who'd have thought that 2 guys would roll into Key West and establish such a winning Tapas restaurant in Bahama Village? I have never failed to be delighted here. It's a few blocks off the beaten path, but I happen to think that Bahama Village is one of the most intriguing areas of Key West, with its light (less tall buildings) and "end-of-the-rainbow" trafficless location. (I might cab it or drive for a later reservation though.) I haven't had anything I didn't like, but their flaming brandied cheese thing is a real treat. And though their meats and seafood are great, their vegetables really wow me, and I never have a meal there without their lemon green beans. Grilled asparagus and an avocado-pear salad are other great choices. Portion sizes vary but tend to the generous, and of course we can't resist ordering too much. This does tend to make the bill hefty, but the good news is that the great majority of dishes make good leftovers, so it's still a decent value! Service is solid with everyone pitching in. I always dine outdoors to take in the neighborhood. I see few opportunities for improving on this formula--maybe a few more crackers or bread products for the dippable items? But I may have gotten them had I asked. And strict vegetarians should know that many veggie items have meat garnishes, so it's good to ask. (I eat everything and think it's a great touch!)
As a local, the most surprisingly fun thing to me about the place is meeting visitors--they tend to be knowing, sophisticated diners, and the friendly informality and "wow, what's that" of the place makes for more intertable conversation than I'm used to. That said, I think the dish sharing makes it a great date place too.
I now have four places that I recommend unequivocally to out-of-towners for a great dining experience. It'd be hard to imagine this place ever falling off my list!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We love this place. I am Gluten Free and they have a menu that makes it easy for me to choose from the many tasty selections.
I highly recommend the dates wrapped in bacon and white wine sangria.
This a perfect spot for couples as well as friends traveling together.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went to Santiago's Bodega with another couple. We made reservations in advance. The atmosphere was so much fun and our waiter was amazing!! (And adorable!!) I wish I could remember his name. He was a young Russian man who was excellent at his job. He suggested the best tapas and timed the delivery of our food perfectly!! We ate so much and drank delicious sangria! This was by far the best meal we had in Key West!! I will dream about this wonderful place until we get back to Key West and go to Santiago's Bodega again!! Don't miss this restaurant!!!!!!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Top shelf service from the second you walk in the door. Ate at the bar on our first visit since we did not have reservations. The service and food was so good, we made reservations for another visit. We were not disappointed. Highly recommend the short ribs, 1/2 rack lamb, wrapped dates, beef carpaccio, beef tenderloin with blue cheese. Save room for desert. The crepes and bread pudding are outstanding! They have opened a place in Orlando. Looking forward to trying that one also.