“Best food in Key West- Hands down!”
Review of Santiago's Bodega

Santiago's Bodega
Ranked #8 of 447 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Petronia and Emma
Description: Santiago"s Bodega (305) 296-7691 • 207 Petronia Street – www.santiagosbodega.com - A wonderful assortment of over thirty small plates await you at this tapas-style eatery. Accentuating the well seasoned combination of dishes, Santiago's also has great soups, salads, and a remarkable wine list to compliment. Santiago's Bodega is a unique restaurant located in the heart of Bahama Village, off the beaten path and away from the tumultuous crowds. Santiago's serves lunch and dinner all year, seven days a week. Open 11am-10pm daily.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Let me start by saying that I am from NY and therefore I am 100% spoiled by access to excellent food. Because of this, I am constantly disappointed by restaurants when I travel. Key West is one of the few places where I have to admit does have some great food options and over the last 6 years I have tried as many as I can. Santiago's is by far, hands down, the best food on the island and it would easily compete in NYC or any other culinary mecca. We have returned 3 times on this trip alone and in that time we tried 12 tapas dishes. Of those 12 only 2 were only 'okay' and those were the lamb patties and the bacon wrapped mushrooms. I don't know if I would have thought they were better if the other 10 items I ate over my three visits weren't beyond amazing! If you like hot sauce you must get the 'patatas bravas.' They are roasted potatoes tossed in a spicy, addicting hot sauce and they are quite possibly the most addictive thing I have ever eaten. (these were ordered twice! and I even brought a friend there solely so he could try these potatoes) My mouth was on fire and yet I couldn't stop going back for more. If you are not scared of spices the 'seasoned grouper' should not be missed. The pecan encrusted lamb chops were phenomenal as was the beef tenderloin, korean short ribs, saganaki, the happy hour mussels, crab cakes and empanadas. Of the sangria choices my favorite is the sparking red sangria. I could go on, but my point here is, if you are someone who enjoys quality food and top notch flavor combinations Santiago's should not be missed. It is on the 'fancier' side for Key West (if there is such a thing!) and feels appropriately dark and rustic for a Spanish influenced tapas restaurant. If you are looking for conch chowder and a view of he water, this is not your place. If you want a good bottle of wine and a leisurely, delicious culinary experience, then I recommend a stop at Santiago's.

1  Thank thepister
There are newer reviews for Santiago's Bodega

Reviewed November 6, 2012

A true tapas experience with great service. We had many items but the highlights were the lobster Mac and cheese which was fabulous and the spanioka was incredible. The only change i would recommend is that a stack of plates be placed on the table. We had to mix our foods as we were not provided clean plates.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were referred here by a server at another restaurant. There were 4 of us that split 6 small dishes. The beef tenderloin is one of the best I've eaten. The lamb chops were seasoned well and cooked perfectly. We also had the mushrooms, crab cakes and 2 other dishes that i can't remember (too much sangria). We almost went back on our last day, but ran out of time. We will be back next year.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It's one of those places that you can go to five or six times and never have the same thing twice. Super imaginative food, wonderful ambiance and very attentive wait staff. Hard to beat

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love this restaurant! The food is fabulous! Tapas style restaurant and the sangria is delicious...you must get a pitcher, a glass is not enough. I have been eating at this restaurant for four years every time I visit Key West, which is about 4 times a year. My favorite are the chicken skewers and filet. The salads are very large, great for two to share. The service and food is consistently delicious! You must try this restaurant on Petronia st in Bahama Village.