“Great food, super attitude!”
Review of Salsa Loca

Salsa Loca
Ranked #164 of 459 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for the first time. Greeted by a southern gem of a woman! Think Paula Dean without the weight. Ordered the Salsa Loco Especial. Not one but two plates came. Sampler consisting of 1 each: taco, burrito, enchilada, tostada, chile relenos (sp?) and a tamale. Oh yeah, and a side of beans and rice. It was really good. Boxed half of it up for tomorrow. It's not fine dining, no liquor license, but in key west you can bring your own. They do have beer and wine. It is good food.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I am a Local and have been searching for a good Mexican restaurant since I moved to the Keys a year and a half ago, and this is it. The food was great and they had actually queso and salsa not Pico and cheese whiz. The waitress was very nice and social. I will say there is not much parking. If you are walking there is no issues, but if not there is a lot across the street that you have to walk up the block and pay to park. It's $5/hour or $10/day. This was not really an issue either since it was a short walk to pay. Great place, definitely will be back.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a party of 15 and Nancy was the best. Food is great and unexpected for Key West. Definitely a place to return to.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We met our cousins for lunch in Key West that were on a port stop from a cruise ship. They are real Mexican Food aficionados and wanted to try Salsa Loca. We had never been before but gave it a try. We arrived at 11:00 AM just as they were opening. We were their first customers and was greeted by Nancy, the owner. She made us feel like lifelong friends. The waitress was also very warm and welcoming. My wife and I had not eaten breakfast so we decided to have the Huevos Mexicana. The eggs were perfectly spiced and included chorizo sausage, onions and peppers. It was served with a Mexican salad, beans and rice. Our cousins had a chicken dish with chorizo sausage and the other a taco salad. All were outstanding and the portions were more than generous. Three out of four of us could not finish our plates. Although we live 30 miles out of town we will be making Salsa Loca a regular stop when we are in town.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I were craving Mexican, and we had noticed this place by the Hemingway house, so we rode our bikes over to check it out. Amazing! I had a shrimp quesadilla and my husband had chimichungas, both were outstanding. We're from D.C. where there is a lot of Mexican fare, but this is honestly better than anything we've had in a long time. The worst part is we found it on our last day!