“Consistently good hotel, love the pet-friendly policies!”

Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed October 2, 2010

This was not my first stay at this Westin property, and I've often recommended it to Key West visitors. I live here, and it's my favorite hotel on the island when I need to plan an in-town evening away from home, or a "stay-cation." I love the pet-friendly atmosphere and the lovely island-style decor. The service is great - I needed to check in very late, and the staff was wonderful about making sure my room was available. I do recommend parking elsewhere because guests are charged $20/night if you use their lot.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarmenGator
SMKennedy, Marketing Manager at Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

Love that Key West locals come visit us for stay-cations!

There are newer reviews for Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina

Reviewed September 28, 2010

I'll start with the good. Very nice location. The hotel it's self was nice and I have no complaints other than a dirty carpet in the room. The concierge was very helpful with any questions I had as well as was the front desk personel. Thats about all I can muster for the good because the trip was ruined by the managers and the over all customer service. First impression are everything and I should have stuck to that advise. When I originally called to book the room I asked if there was anyway to tell me if my view would be blocked by a cruise ship (read several reviews with this issue). The person told me that there was no way of knowing and that she had no clue as to where I could get this information. Made no attempt to help me finding the issue. By the way, I googled it and found the info in 30 seconds. Because of this encounter I decided not to stay at the Westin. After looking around at other places I found that the Westin was the cheapest, so I went against my better judgement and to save a buck booked the room at the Westin. Again the hotel is nice and the only issue I had while staying there was the fact that the carpet in the room was dirty and caused my 12 month old to have black knees and feet from craulling around (front desk told upon check out). Here is where my bad review really kicks in and the fact that I will pay the extra money and stay at the Ocean Key resort or Pier House next time. I checked out on a Sunday and paid $500 of my $700 bill with cash. The rest went onto my Debit card. Upon getting home that evening and checking my bank account balance I discovered that there were two pending charges for $678 and $250. I contacted the Westin manager, explained the problem and she told me that she was not sure why there were two seperate pending charges but that they should be released back to my account on Monday. On Tuesday the charges were still pending so I called back. This time I spoke with the director of operation, Joe Bru. Prior to doing this I called my bank and they stated that they were just waiting on Westin to release the charges and the money would be placed back in my account. Again I explained the problem to Joe. Joe's response was, verbatom "let me get the sign from the front desk so I can read it to you". He then read me the statement from the sign that states that it could take the Westin 7-14 to release pending charges back to an account. For approximately 10 minutes I went back and forth with Joe on the fact that $900 was being held from my account by the Westin after completely settling my bill. The only response he could provide me was that I would need to be patient and allow them the 7-14 period to get the money released. At no time did Joe ask me for my information to verify that my reservation was properly checked out of their system. I finally asked him if he wanted my name in order to check that I properly checked out. I ended the conversation with asking Joe if there was anything he could do to fix the problem and stop me from never staying at this hotel again and his responce was, again verbatom "No, you will just have to be patiant and allow the 7-14 days to pass". I have stayed at many hotels in my time from large chains to small B&B's and have never had this issue yet when I called to have the issue resolved, the response was SO WHAT! That says alot. Oh, one last thing. Prior to deciding where to stay I chacked around and found that almost every hotel in the area charges a resort fee or a parking fee which is clearly stated on their websites. This was not anywhere to be found on the Westin website and I was told about the $20 a night parking fe upon check in.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Talidog
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Don't bother requesting and paying extra for an ocean view room because its not beach front. The cruise ships block your views and it has no shore line.
Definitely enjoyed the ferry ride to Sunset key for dinner at LLatitudes. The hotel is a bit spread out, and had to walk across the property to another building, however on the plus side...its in the midst of everything,,,its where everyone goes to see the sunset. Excellent location.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
SMKennedy, Manager at Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2010

We are very happy the guest enjoyed our ideal location and our new Latitudes restaurant at Sunset Key! Please note we are marina property, therefore we do not claim to have a beach at The Westin Key West Resort & Marina. Also, cruise ships are in port approximately 3 days per week, but not each day.

Reviewed September 26, 2010

First you get the typical Westin quality that you would expect from the Westin chain. The price is high but it in Key West and if you price it with comparable properties, the price is in line with others. The only negative is the $20/day self park or $22/day valet parking options, but again, if you stay at Westin Hotels, you expect this. So with all that out of the way, the location is AMAZING. You can walk to everything Duval has to offer and it is also right on Mallory Square. The Bistro restaurant in the hotel has the BEST lobster quesadilla's with large chunks of lobster and a must try. All in all, if you can afford the price, you cannot beat what this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnDoeVirginia
SMKennedy, Marketing Manager at Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2010

Glad to hear the guest enjoyed our waterfront Bistro 245 restaurant and central location!

Reviewed September 6, 2010

My husband took me here for my birthday and our anniversary over Labor Day weekend and we had a wonderful time. The location was great, the people were friendly and the concierge made our trip. We both definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

We're thrilled these guests had a great combination anniversary and birthday at our resort and hope they join us again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

The Westin Key West is located right where it is all happening. Whether you want to view the sunset party, walk to Duval Street, Mallory Street or any of the other attractions this is where you want to stay. The only caveat, we had an ocean view room and if the cruise ships are in town they block the view during the day but leave at about 5 PM. This was not a problem for us since we were not in the room during the day and the ship was gone by the time we returned in the evening. There is no beach but the hotel is located on the Marina. The hotel is in tune with the low key atmosphere and fits the Key West landscape.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My stay at the hotel was for a business meeting the first week of August. I was really looking forward to my stay at this location, however my dreams were dashed when my shower over flowed onto the bathroom floor all five days, even though I reported every morning before class, the pool was closed down the second day we were there with no explanation of why or when it would re-open, the check- out was a nightmare to just get a correct receipt for corporate accounts, the conference room was a inferno (which just may have been me?) because the guestroom were cool enough. For the price (which was outside the per dium rate) this place was not worth it. Several season veterans who had attended this course before did not stay here this year; I will be one of them when I attend next year. Shining ray of hope was Kate in accounting that helped sort out the bill a month after the trip!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business