When the first impression of the hotel is how much work it is to get from the parking garage to the lobby, one starts to worry. The Valet wants to take your car (telling us it's *only* two dollars more to valet). We chose to self park anyway - only to find no elevators in the garage to get back to the ground level. Not fun with luggage. Walked about a little dragging said luggage to find the lobby entrance. Check in went well - no issues. The next surprise was our room was in the other building (back out with the luggage and across the courtyard). Then a long walk down the hall from the elevators, past the loud party spilled out into the hallway, praying our room was farther away.... and finally arrived at the room. Deep breath. Open the door. Very pleased to find a lovely room with 2 beds exactly as we had requested - ocean view. Beautiful. Closed the door and never heard the party again.
Over the course of our stay we visited with Shannon at the bar off of the promenade. She was friendly and accommodating, made excellent drinks. She gets top marks.
A note about the Ocean front view. First morning, we opened the curtains to a beautiful view over the promenade - sea and sky broken only by palm fronds and boats and the next Westin Island. The second morning ... BOAT! Yes, the cruise ship does mostly block the view (we had a bit of water still looking to the right past the bow). The good news (and what we experienced) is that the cruise ships are gone before sunset. So while your morning may be obstructed, at least the sunset is not impacted. As an aside - we were worried the town would be over-ridden by the people off the boats, but did not experience the crowds were too terrible. At least not during our trip. May be different at a different time of year.
Enjoyed the hotel, the pool area was small-ish and no adults only area. Personally I cringed a little that the free Popsicles were served and consumed by people in the pool (dripping into the pool water). Others were not bothered by the Popsicle juice in the pool.
Would have liked a few more hotel amenities ... a shuttle to/from the airport or rental car lots would have been nice. A take away coffee shop or cart in the morning rather than a in-room coffee or urns in the lobby would have been a nice addiction. Vending machines or at least a hotel shop open late night (after 10 PM). We were told the closest place to purchase a snack was the CVS pharmacy two blocks away from the hotel.
We asked the front desk to speak to their valet/bell services employee who almost ran us down in the hallway with a luggage cart going the opposite direction - didn't want to move the cart from barreling down the dead center of the hallway while he was hauling bags to a guest room.
Over all - this was a positive experience and a good hotel. Would recommend to others for location, and if splurging for the ocean front view it is enjoyable. Just a few things make it miss the excellent rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located right on the waterfront of Old Town Key West, just steps from the famous Mallory Square, and one block from Duval Street is the Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina - a hub of relaxation and luxury in the middle of all of the excitement that Key West is famous for. Experience the beauty of the sparkling sea, access to water sports, and endless dining, shopping, and entertainment options all just steps away. Our marina is one of the three cruise ports in Key West welcoming cruise ships from around the world. Dine on fresh island cuisine, indoors, on a deck, or oceanside. Sip a cocktail and lounge by our outdoor pool surrounded by lush native plants, or take a launch to the nearby private beach on Sunset Key. Rejuvenation awaits in the serenity of our massage studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Key West Resort & Marina Hotel Key West
- The Westin Key West Resort And Marina
- Key West Hilton
- Key West Westin